{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Latics scorefred sponsored by "One Swallow"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Latics scorefred sponsored by "One Swallow"

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:03 am

diablo wrote:Thought our keeper was at fault for 2 of the three goals but having said that the defence was even poorer

I don't think you can say he was at fault but I'm definitely disappointed he didn't do better. He was well beaten by two shots that he had plenty of time to see coming. They were the type that could easily go in but also the type that you often see the keeper get something on them.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:06 am

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Charsley was playing well and all over the place then got taken off. was a bizare decisions imo

I thought he was doing okay and was surprised to see him come off.

He was constantly leaving Macca and Watts exposed in midfield. He was pressing when the rest of the team didn’t have the energy to do so and that was leaving the midfield exposed. He needed to adapt but wasn’t able to or wasn’t instructed to.

Ah, so he needed not to be fitter than his team mates, gotcha. ;)

3 in midfield didn't work last night, we seemed out gunned from the get go.

With hindsight a 4-4-2 with CJ on the bench might have been more effective.

I don't think it was a case of being fitter. The midfield three were all fit, but the other two realised that the strikers weren't laying a glove and so sat deeper.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:28 am

Too many of our “champions” were simply not up for it. They clearly cannot cope with two games in 4 days. MOM: Neal Bishop!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:34 am

Hard to know where to start.
The main issue is fitness and the boys away days preseason and tour set up by Billy Butlin Dempster.
However we should still be doing better and the contrast between that and Saturday could not be wider.
The only area of the pitch you can possibly excuse were the strikers who had nothing to feed on.
Midfield was a disaster, and GC has to take some blame for that in starting Kelland. Two young lads totally overrun and patted on the head by Oldham's midfield, and add in Macdonald who went back to type by passing every ball to the opposition and CJ (was he playing?) and we never stood a chance.
Defence once again looking porous and indecisive and we don't have a goalkeeper at the club who will be playing league football next season ( either the one between the posts last night or the one shipping goals at Forest Green). Simply not good enough, either of them.

Bradford we were superb, at Plymouth we made mistakes in both boxes but the overall play was good and you could see what we were trying to achieve, but last night, simply no plan at all. We looked lost and beaten from minute 1. Not acceptable.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am

Have we ever won a league game when it's been streamed on iFollow?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 am

Few seasons back i can remember when season ended players had strict diets, exercises to keep to out of season.
They were being monitored so they could it the ground running in pre-season.

Do these checks still happen.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:47 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Few seasons back i can remember when season ended players had strict diets, exercises to keep to out of season.
They were being monitored so they could it the ground running in pre-season.

Do these checks still happen.

Flitcroft did it, there was a video of him telling CJ what to do pre season.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:49 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Have we ever won a league game when it's been streamed on iFollow?

Yes. Crewe & Mork'm'Mindy last season.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:53 am

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Have we ever won a league game when it's been streamed on iFollow?

Yes. Crewe & Mork'm'Mindy last season.

Two I can't remember watching, typical :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:27 am

There has hardly been many Tuesdays games of late they should cope with 2 matches at this level maybe they needed an overnight stopover poor devils having to travel on a luxury coach for a couple of hours
Unreal this bunch
JR just try to get CG to buy grafters next season of the Jamma variety
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:37 am

tillydog123 wrote:There has hardly been many Tuesdays games of late they should cope with 2 matches at this level maybe they needed an overnight stopover poor devils having to travel on a luxury coach for a couple of hours
Unreal this bunch
JR just try to get CG to buy grafters next season of the Jamma variety

I’m assuming you’re not bothered about trying to get promoted next season then?

So many people on this forum think that graft is the answer to everything. Isn’t ‘graft’ the only real discernible attribute for all of our midfielders aside from Mellis (who does possess some quality). Tomlinson, Bishop, MacDonald, Benning (this season), Rose, and Hamilton to an extent are all completely devoid of quality and composure on the ball and yet so many fans can’t indentify that.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:10 pm

All this talk of fitness and graft is understandable and every team needs players with that attribute but if you haven’t got quality to pass a ball to a team mate or players with intelligence and speed of thought to make that pass that opens up the opposition then all the running and chasing will get you nowhere. The best players let the ball do the running,
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:59 pm

CassellsCap wrote:All this talk of fitness and graft is understandable and every team needs players with that attribute but if you haven’t got quality to pass a ball to a team mate or players with intelligence and speed of thought to make that pass that opens up the opposition then all the running and chasing will get you nowhere. The best players let the ball do the running,

Fitness is an excuse, a poor one at that. Nothing wrong with our fitness levels on Saturday, the players are clearly fit lads. Its the same rouse most managers use when they take over. Our issue is lack of consistency in selection and formation and a basic lack of ability in midfield. It's not hard, work on fitness all you like, but as you say, means nothing if you have no creativity from midfield. How many goals have our midfield contributed this season?

Oh for Paul Holland in there, even now he's probably better than some we've got :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Rob wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:All this talk of fitness and graft is understandable and every team needs players with that attribute but if you haven’t got quality to pass a ball to a team mate or players with intelligence and speed of thought to make that pass that opens up the opposition then all the running and chasing will get you nowhere. The best players let the ball do the running,

Fitness is an excuse, a poor one at that. Nothing wrong with our fitness levels on Saturday, the players are clearly fit lads. Its the same rouse most managers use when they take over. Our issue is lack of consistency in selection and formation and a basic lack of ability in midfield. It's not hard, work on fitness all you like, but as you say, means nothing if you have no creativity from midfield. How many goals have our midfield contributed this season?

Oh for Paul Holland in there, even now he's probably better than some we've got :lol:

Fitness is an excuse? Are you for real? They are fit in general terms. They'd run rings round us fans. But vs other professionals they aren't fit.

Using the exact same logic you've applied to come to that conclusion. Our midfield is fine. It was fine on Saturday so therefore it's fine.

Or are you saying Evans and Flitcroft just got lucky in their 2.5 (or so) years in charge and our midfield is actually rubbish as proven by the past 6 months?

Evans isn't stupid he did some fitness work with them, Flitcroft even more so. Demps hasn't done enough and it's showing. The proof was there earlier in the season when we couldn't finish games. Stupid challenges, decisions and lack of movement at set pieces. It all points to a lack of fitness. Not lack of ability.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:50 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Fitness is an excuse? Are you for real? They are fit in general terms. They'd run rings round us fans. But vs other professionals they aren't fit.

Using the exact same logic you've applied to come to that conclusion. Our midfield is fine. It was fine on Saturday so therefore it's fine.

Or are you saying Evans and Flitcroft just got lucky in their 2.5 (or so) years in charge and our midfield is actually rubbish as proven by the past 6 months?

Evans isn't stupid he did some fitness work with them, Flitcroft even more so. Demps hasn't done enough and it's showing. The proof was there earlier in the season when we couldn't finish games. Stupid challenges, decisions and lack of movement at set pieces. It all points to a lack of fitness. Not lack of ability.

This. Good post.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:57 pm

What if they are unfit and completely useless at the sane time. Would that explain last night, because that's the conclusion I'm coming to.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:36 am

bigalstag wrote:What if they are unfit and completely useless at the sane time. Would that explain last night, because that's the conclusion I'm coming to.

And me. 21st in the 4th division doesn't lie by late Jan
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:54 am

The One wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:[list=][/list]I don't think any of us expected that.

Six points off bottom spot.

We are in a definate relegation scrap.

Thank goodness only one goes down this season.

8 points.

No nearer than when everyone was celebrating on Saturday.

We'll over take Cambridge at some point too, they won't win again this season.

Agree with you there mate, just looked at table and thought same

They will now they’ve sacked Calderwood.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:15 am

nick_stags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:Joke. Never been in this game. Manager has to take accountability for this one, changed the shape and the players picked couldnt do 90 seconds never mind minutes. Why bring Tomlinson on? Gives it away nearly as much as Macca has

He’s not changed shape.

He has. It's obvious mate.

4-3-3 as it was on Saturday. Listen to Maccas interview after the game.

Intentional or not, tonight is a different shape.

GC said after the game that they tried 2 or 3 different shapes/formations.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 am

In the end he did yes, with Khan coming on late on, and CJ being dropped onto the wing for a while, but I think my post was at half time. The starting shape was no different to Saturday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:53 am

MTFCMusings wrote:In the end he did yes, with Khan coming on late on, and CJ being dropped onto the wing for a while, but I think my post was at half time. The starting shape was no different to Saturday.

Your post was 9.06pm ;) Theres nothing wrong with being wrong sometimes :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:06 am

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:In the end he did yes, with Khan coming on late on, and CJ being dropped onto the wing for a while, but I think my post was at half time. The starting shape was no different to Saturday.

But his post was about changing the shape from the start? I will happily admit when I'm wrong, I'll let you know when it happens ;)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

But his post was about changing the shape from the start? I will happily admit when I'm wrong, I'll let you know when it happens ;)

:lol: :lol: First post was 9.03pm & didn’t mention anything about changing shape from the start. You’re welcome ;) :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:18 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol: First post was 9.03pm & didn’t mention anything about changing shape from the start. You’re welcome ;) :D

I was replying to this post 'Never been in this game. Manager has to take accountability for this one, changed the shape and the players picked couldnt do 90 seconds never mind minutes.' He's clearly referring to the starting line-up and shape. I replied saying he hadn't changed the shape.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

I was replying to this post 'Never been in this game. Manager has to take accountability for this one, changed the shape and the players picked couldnt do 90 seconds never mind minutes.' He's clearly referring to the starting line-up and shape. I replied saying he hadn't changed the shape.

I know you were & that was posted at 9.03pm when clearly the shape had changed. He never once said said anything about the start of the game ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum