{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mellis and Pearce free to leave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mellis and Pearce free to leave

Postby sw19stag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
MOTG wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Mellis I can understand but Pearce I don’t get.

He’s not been interested all season, if you read the reports from round the club you’d probably understand why he’s been told to leave.

I now understand who Flitcroft was on about when he identified 3 players who were running the club

Good riddance to them both . Mellis very good on his day which was a rarity and he was not consistent enough. In my opinion he has a bit of an ego problem

As for Pearce , a decent Centre back but not brilliant as some fans make out. Easily turned by a decent striker and has been very poor this season . As for being the captain I cannot recall him trying too many times to gee up the team when things weren't going well.

Pearce can probably still do a decent job for a league 2 club but Mellis I doubt unless he shakes himself up.
I wont miss either to be honest.

Saying ‘good riddance’ to Krystian Pearce after he’s made nearly 200 appearances for us and been our best defender over that period of time is so wrong.

People can believe he needs to go if Pearce does in fact want to leave, but everyone should be sad at the fact that he won’t play for us again.

I completely agree. Krystian Pearce has been a cracking player for us, that 'good riddance' comment is totally unwarranted.
Last edited by sw19stag on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
MOTG wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Mellis I can understand but Pearce I don’t get.

He’s not been interested all season, if you read the reports from round the club you’d probably understand why he’s been told to leave.

I now understand who Flitcroft was on about when he identified 3 players who were running the club

Good riddance to them both . Mellis very good on his day which was a rarity and he was not consistent enough. In my opinion he has a bit of an ego problem

As for Pearce , a decent Centre back but not brilliant as some fans make out. Easily turned by a decent striker and has been very poor this season . As for being the captain I cannot recall him trying too many times to gee up the team when things weren't going well.

Pearce can probably still do a decent job for a league 2 club but Mellis I doubt unless he shakes himself up.
I wont miss either to be honest.

Saying ‘good riddance’ to Krystian Pearce after he’s made nearly 200 appearances for us and been our best defender over that period of time is so wrong.

People can believe he needs to go if Pearce does in fact want to leave, but everyone should be sad at the fact that he won’t play for us again.

Absolutely.

We shouldn’t forget the service he gave for us and the amounts of games he played. It’s just a shame it’s ended how it has.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:24 pm

I hope Pearce stays, as he is our best defender and has been for the past 3 seasons.

Although saying that, if he hasn’t been trying his hardest and heads not in it, then have to let him go. One of best centre backs at this level.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:27 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:I hope Pearce stays, as he is our best defender and has been for the past 3 seasons.

Although saying that, if he hasn’t been trying his hardest and heads not in it, then have to let him go. One of best centre backs at this level.

Somebody won't believe their luck. Absolute steal on a free.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Who says he is free?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:42 pm

Krystian Pearce has arguably been our player of the season for the last three seasons. He's been a brilliant player for us. He was a great signing by Adam Murray who was recommended to Adam by Micky Moore. Micky also recommended Mal Benning and CJ Hamilton.

Sometimes players do go stale from being at a club too long. Krystian has let his own standards drop this season. He made a good start but his form seemed to go downhill from Salford at home and he did not play well at Walsall away, Macclesfield away, Swindon away and Shrewsbury away. I said he looked a shadow of his former self at Shrewsbury. He looked back to his best away at Cambridge United. He then seemed to run out of steam in the 2nd half at Grimsby due to lack of game time due to coming back from injury. Perhaps the time is right for a new challenge for the likes of Krystian. He's been a great servant to the club and I wish him well if he moves on.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 pm

I very much doubt Krystian Pearce will be leaving on a free in the January transfer window.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:49 pm

wink68 wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:I hope Pearce stays, as he is our best defender and has been for the past 3 seasons.

I think one our two of them will be good signings for others.

It's another example of the "Mansfied Town" way.

We were so close with this squad, in fact undone by the smallest of margins. The Bury situation not being sorted by the FL until after their promotion, adds to the way things seem to go against MTFC. Typical of us ! Now the squad is going to broken up due to failing twice. Quite right too as its gone stale.

I will always have good memories of this squad. They played some of the best football I've seen at Field Mill. In my opinion equal to Bill Dearden (first spell) and Dave Smith.

Yes, they failed in terms of promotion but they had the stadium rocking, both under my so called " mate " DF and to be fair the "Scottish manager". It was a pleasure to attend the games and Saturday couldn't come round fast enough. Very different feel at the moment.

I look forward to seeing the players GC brings in. Hopefully they can reverse our slide and in time get Field Mill rocking again.

I think we will survive this season, ironically thanks to Bury.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Krystian Pearce has arguably been our player of the season for the last three seasons. He's been a brilliant player for us. He was a great signing by Adam Murray who was recommended to Adam by Micky Moore. Micky also recommended Mal Benning and CJ Hamilton.

Sometimes players do go stale from being at a club too long. Krystian has let his own standards drop this season. He made a good start but his form seemed to go downhill from Salford at home and he did not play well at Walsall away, Macclesfield away, Swindon away and Shrewsbury away. I said he looked a shadow of his former self at Shrewsbury. He looked back to his best away at Cambridge United. He then seemed to run out of steam in the 2nd half at Grimsby due to lack of game time due to coming back from injury. Perhaps the time is right for a new challenge for the likes of Krystian. He's been a great servant to the club and I wish him well if he moves on.

I thought Martin Shaw saw CJ playing in a non league game and made comments about his lightening pace :?: :?:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Martin did recommend CJ Hamilton to Adam Murray but Micky Moore told me after the Cheltenham game that CJ Hamilton was on the list of players he gave to Adam Murray to sign for 2016-2017. Micky is the Head of Recruitment at Cheltenham.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
wink68 wrote:

I think one our two of them will be good signings for others.

It's another example of the "Mansfied Town" way.

We were so close with this squad, in fact undone by the smallest of margins. The Bury situation not being sorted by the FL until after their promotion, adds to the way things seem to go against MTFC. Typical of us ! Now the squad is going to broken up due to failing twice. Quite right too as its gone stale.

I will always have good memories of this squad. They played some of the best football I've seen at Field Mill. In my opinion equal to Bill Dearden (first spell) and Dave Smith.

Yes, they failed in terms of promotion but they had the stadium rocking, both under my so called " mate " DF and to be fair the "Scottish manager". It was a pleasure to attend the games and Saturday couldn't come round fast enough. Very different feel at the moment.

I look forward to seeing the players GC brings in. Hopefully they can reverse our slide and in time get Field Mill rocking again.

I think we will survive this season, ironically thanks to Bury.

The Bury situation in particular should have been known to the EFL and sorted before the final game of last season. Not deducting Bury points then was clearly showing the ineptitude of the EFL authorities. Had it been the current National League, they would have sorted it, either before or after the Bury promotion, The National League aka BSP threw teams out of the current Conf National aka BSP aka Vanarama. As a result of that, one side survived for three seasons running. That was Altrincham, noted in my previews against that side during our dark years a decade ago.

Seems like the EFL treat some clubs differently. Thinking of the Macclesfield situation this season when the Silkmen were docked six points a month ago.

Bury might have missed out of promotion if the EFL had done their business properly but the Shakers might still have been in the EFL. Flitcroft bottled it, that's true, but so did also some officials, especially those who officiated the first leg of the playoff semifinal at Newport, a game which I was able to watch on telly in Sweden. Therefore I can comment on officials bottling it. The refereeing in that game was the worst I've ever seen in any Stags game I have watched ever, worthy of a 0, yet rated a poor 4 = stinker. Bottling it, did also the refereeing department by appointing a certain Darren Drysdale to our final home game (against Stevenage) last April. When I learned of that appointment, I feared something and was proved right.

Another thing the EFL should do, is using the away goals ruling in playoffs. Had that been the case, we had been contesting the playoff final against Tranmere. In fact, the third time in playoff history we have been victims of that. Was also the case against York in 2012 and against Chesterfield in 1995. But we benefitted against Northampton in 2004 when the Cobblers scored three at Field Mill in the dramatic second leg (compared to us winning 2-0 at Sixfields). But that's another story.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tinman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Who says he is free?

Mr Humphreys
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:03 pm

tinman wrote:

Mr Humphreys

:lol: Very good
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:21 pm

I liked Pearce but he blotted his copybook when he refused to stay for extra training under Dempster.Apparently he refused to stay as he had to pick his kids up from school.He is employed by the club and should what he is told to do.This manager will not stand for these shenanigans and rightly so.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Martin did recommend CJ Hamilton to Adam Murray but Micky Moore told me after the Cheltenham game that CJ Hamilton was on the list of players he gave to Adam Murray to sign for 2016-2017. Micky is the Head of Recruitment at Cheltenham.

I’m not having this one taken away Darren :lol: It was me who alerted Muzza (*) who then sent someone else to also watch him. Perhaps that someone else to watch him was Micky, I don’t know, I never asked him.

(*) Feb 2016 https://twitter.com/shawma1/status/702241376684154880
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:34 pm

geoffhill wrote:I liked Pearce but he blotted his copybook when he refused to stay for extra training under Dempster.Apparently he refused to stay as he had to pick his kids up from school.He is employed by the club and should what he is told to do.This manager will not stand for these shenanigans and rightly so.

I think in most peoples lives their children will always come before their job so I’m not quite sure what KP has done wrong here.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Dan wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I liked Pearce but he blotted his copybook when he refused to stay for extra training under Dempster.Apparently he refused to stay as he had to pick his kids up from school.He is employed by the club and should what he is told to do.This manager will not stand for these shenanigans and rightly so.

I think in most peoples lives their children will always come before their job so I’m not quite sure what KP has done wrong here.

Try working in real world.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Depends when Demps told him. Was KP given fair notice and a chance to plan ahead or told to stay on the day with no option? If it was the latter what'd you do. Stay and do over time and risk your kids being run over or offered 'some sweeties' by a stranger. Or say 'stuff you, family comes 1st'.That's the real world.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

:shock: Surely ANY world you put your kids first?! Or is that just me??
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

Most employees have to make child care arrangements that fit the employees working patterns, you can't just go 'nah, raspberry that I'm off for the day'.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:18 pm

When your a highly paid footballer and a club captain. You get a child minder. Simple as that.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

If I asked to leave coal mine every day to pick kids up, I would have been sacked.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:25 pm

This place is gold

Most employees have to make child care arrangements that fit the employees working patterns, you can't just go 'nah, raspberry that I'm off for the day'

So what happens if your 7yr old kid is too ill to go to school? In the recent past I have I had to think ‘nah, raspberry that I’m off for the day’

What other option is there? Leave a 7yr old alone at home all day?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm

tibby wrote:This place is gold

Most employees have to make child care arrangements that fit the employees working patterns, you can't just go 'nah, raspberry that I'm off for the day'

So what happens if your 7yr old kid is too ill to go to school? In the recent past I have I had to think ‘nah, raspberry that I’m off for the day’

What other option is there? Leave a 7yr old alone at home all day?

Then that is a one off situation, not a regular pattern of behaviour.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Not being pick in a match day squad and told to find another club. Doesn't leave us in a great position to ask for 200k for him.
wink68
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum