{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JR's Programme Notes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JR's Programme Notes

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stag324 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:What rumour is that then?

Anyone ending a sentence with end of is almost always talking out of their orifice, which is clearly the case here. Do you really think it would take until now to be mentioned?

Rob, and you are the world expert in this. :roll: :roll:

Just because I don’t respond with this board says jump deserves abuse, well says a lot about what type of people you are.

He wasn’t supportive of our new training ground, fell out with half the board and thought our youth set up was a shambles.

He wasn't far off the mark then.

If that was the reason he was sacked, then the awful decision was even worse.

What a pathetic rumour.

1. He didn't want to train on the pitches because they weren't finished.

2. He thought the youth setup was fantastic and regularly went to watch youth games and had them around the first team.

3. You've made it all up

He was supportive of the training ground, he did say the publicly grass pitches were not upto standard. Steve Hymas came out and said he'd told him that the pitches wouldn't be fully ready until the close season (or words to that effect).

The youth system, Hymas also said that zayn Hakeem should have been starting when we had the striker crisis (all but Tyler Walker out injured) but Flitcroft probably gave more debuts to the kids than any manager in recent history (not fact checked but did seem alot). As a side note Hakeem was released by Dempster in the retained list.

As for falling out with the board, we will never fully know. However I'd put money on 1 board member he'd likely fall out with.

Look, it was a mistake getting rid in the first place. Knowing what we know now it was a massive mistake. We could have failed this season too, but the bonus of that would be the players out of contract at the end of this season so a new manager would pretty much have a clean slate. It's all in the past now and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Short of JR sacking Coughlan and going after Flitcroft to come back. Which I can't see happening. The mess that's been made of this season has set us back a year or even 2. We had an identity last season, one that was feared. This season our identity is relished because last season they had to double up on our better players to try and stop them, this season they double up because we can't be bothered to stop them.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum