{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Reserves at home in the cup on Tuesday 7th

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Reserves at home in the cup on Tuesday

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:33 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:In your view ,on today's showing is Knowles ready for the first team spirit hater ?

thing with Jim is he's only 18, no good giving him undue pressure
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Ya reckon?

I disagree. He's being monitored very closely by some big teams.

He's a natural goalscorer. He just knows where the goal is.
What team doesn't want one of those ?

And dont come back with his age....

QPR are definitely watching him.

Id play him, thing is its hard to when the team is doing badly and needs to get out of trouble... imagine if he missed a sitter and we slipped further down the table, our crowd would be all over him. The right time will come for him.

There's not much you don't know. Wages, targets, clubs watching.
Don't you ever get bored of dreaming stuff up?

When you work in the film industry and transition into sports media and basically run Premier League and EFL tv coverage you meet a lot of people. Sorry I know more than you, cant help it. Cheer up though :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Re: Reserves at home in the cup on Tuesday 7th

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:51 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Id play him, thing is its hard to when the team is doing badly and needs to get out of trouble... imagine if he missed a sitter and we slipped further down the table, our crowd would be all over him. The right time will come for him.

When you work in the film industry and transition into sports media and basically run Premier League and EFL tv coverage you meet a lot of people. Sorry I know more than you, cant help it. Cheer up though :lol:

You run the above tv coverage just like Belly ran Cameron's Stay campaign, oh the self importance, otherwise known as Bull
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

You run the above tv coverage just like Belly ran Cameron's Stay campaign, oh the self importance, otherwise known as Bull

Yep somebody is attempting to blow his own ENORMOUS trumpet, I think
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You should change your (user)name to Walter Mitty.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You should change your (user)name to Walter Mitty.

Or Lineker
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:57 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

So you used to work in making films and then you diversified into sports coverage. You now run tv coverage of the premier league and EFL. So which company do you actually work for/run/own? I can't think of a company that has exclusive coverage of both the premier league and the EFL. Maybe you work for a non uk company which shows the events abroad but surely they just buy the coverage in.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

So you used to work in making films and then you diversified into sports coverage. You now run tv coverage of the premier league and EFL. So which company do you actually work for/run/own? I can't think of a company that has exclusive coverage of both the premier league and the EFL. Maybe you work for a non uk company which shows the events abroad but surely they just buy the coverage in.

Or he may be telling porkies
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm

He is definitely worth playing .Two footed and can head it as well.Nothing to lose.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:26 am

As a little titbit of transfer window gossip, Jake Speight football agent was at the game yesterday for the first half. Looks as though he'd been waiting for KP to shower/change post training and both left together deep in conversation.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:40 am

I didn't think KP played yesterday.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:44 am

Spiritater wrote:As a little titbit of transfer window gossip, Jake Speight football agent was at the game yesterday for the first half. Looks as though he'd been waiting for KP to shower/change post training and both left together deep in conversation.

Well, Jake is his agent, ‘tater.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 am

geoffhill wrote:I didn't think KP played yesterday.

But he was at training, like ‘tater said.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:20 am

geoffhill wrote:I didn't think KP played yesterday.

He did not say played, he said trained.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:39 am

If you go to the reserve games you’ll always see the first team players around the academy as they’ve finished training. Some come and watch the game others play table tennis upstairs etc. That'll be why KP was there.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:30 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Or he may be telling porkies[/quote]

Yes, all made up because the stags fan doesn't know what company im a director at... Brilliant. Got nothing to do with exclusive rights when its your company running all production on live broadcast, Sky,DAZN, BT, BBC, CANAL+, Premier sport,RMC etc are all with us.

An way back to what does actually matter... we could do with reserve games more often.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:As a little titbit of transfer window gossip, Jake Speight football agent was at the game yesterday for the first half. Looks as though he'd been waiting for KP to shower/change post training and both left together deep in conversation.

A few other Stags fans noticed that as well 'Tater. Jake Speight is Krystian Pearce's agent. Is he also Mal Benning and Omari Sterling James' agent as they all signed new contracts at the same time in Feb 2018?. Jake had also been chatting to Barry Fry.

I also had a quick chat with Barry Fry during the game. He told me Siriki Demble was playing for Peterborough because he was suspended. Joe Ward was another first team player playing. He said they did not have many first team squad players playing because Peterborough had around 8 players out injured at the moment which was why they had made a couple of signings which they might not otherwise have made. They signed Jack Taylor from Barnet for £500,000 rising to £1 million and Reece Brown on loan from Huddersfield. He was concerned that they had started to slide down the league.

Does anybody have details of Peterborough's team? They also included Sam Cartwright, Harrison Burrows, Conor O'Malley and Serhat Tasdemir.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

A few other Stags fans noticed that as well 'Tater. Jake Speight is Krystian Pearce's agent. Is he also Mal Benning and Omari Sterling James' agent as they all signed new contracts at the same time in Feb 2018?. Jake had also been chatting to Barry Fry.

I also had a quick chat with Barry Fry during the game. He told me Siriki Demble was playing for Peterborough because he was suspended. Joe Ward was another first team player playing. He said they did not have many first team squad players playing because Peterborough had around 8 players out injured at the moment which was why they had made a couple of signings which they might not otherwise have made. They signed Jack Taylor from Barnet for £500,000 rising to £1 million and Reece Brown on loan from Huddersfield. He was concerned that they had started to slide down the league.

Does anybody have details of Peterborough's team? They also included Sam Cartwright, Harrison Burrows, Conor O'Malley and Serhat Tasdemir.

Speight works for 1511 management. Pearce, Mellis and Sterling-James are all on their books.

Benning, Rose and Ben Turner are clients of Distinct agency, for whom Sonny Coleman works, son of Chris Coleman.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Thanks Sam. It looks like Fifteen Eleven Management Limited is Jake Speight's company.

From looking at his tweets, it looks like he also represents Jacob Mellis. He also represents Vadaine Oliver and a player at Peterborough called Kyle Barker.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:06 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:13 pm

:shifty: No smoke with out fire :ugeek:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

:shifty: No smoke with out fire :ugeek:

All kind of self explanatory now we know KP has been told he can leave.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum