{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:08 am

stagmanrob wrote:
adamstag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:His comments in his interview with Stevo sort of insinuated that he maybe thinks just one or two signings this window won't be enough.

We looked like relegation fodder today.
Imagine if Grimsby would have had 11 players, which they should have had really as that was never a red.

It was blatantly a red

It was mis-timed, Mellis just got there before he did. If that was one of our players getting a red for the same thing, we'd be complaining about it. Game has gone totally soft.

Having just watched it back on the highlights, from the opposite side where the match camera is, it looks much worse, which is also the side the ref will have seen it from. From where I was in the West Stand Upper, it just looked mis-timed to me and not a challenge where he has looked to do Mellis.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:11 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Rob wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Spiritater wrote:But long ball's his game according to Brovers fans so tint gonna change a deal.

We didn't play long ball on Wednesday.
His major error today was trying the same tactic against a very different team and then not having the nous or guts to change it when it was clear it wasn't working

That's how I saw it too. The players were poor, so were our tactics.

If you don't hang about too much i'm sure you can still pick up a half season ticket, at Bolton, hes doing such a sterling job they have won less games than us this season

:lol: Gone well since you got your way eh dogpoo? What sort of end to the season do we need to finish 4th?

I wish GC well, I hope he brings us success, but he needs to do it quick otherwise muppets like you will be after his head. Key to success is new manager every 6-12 months, said no-one ever.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:33 am

I get the feeling Rob just likes to take the opposite side to the popular and mostly correct view...

The last 20 seconds of GC interview was all I wanted to hear

These players have had 1 manager sacked I WONT be the second so I wont be hanging around...

In others words I will get sacked with MY players not the unfit show pony, perennial bottle jobs I've inherited...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 am

stagmanrob wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
adamstag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:His comments in his interview with Stevo sort of insinuated that he maybe thinks just one or two signings this window won't be enough.

Imagine if Grimsby would have had 11 players, which they should have had really as that was never a red.

It was blatantly a red

It was mis-timed, Mellis just got there before he did. If that was one of our players getting a red for the same thing, we'd be complaining about it. Game has gone totally soft.

Having just watched it back on the highlights, from the opposite side where the match camera is, it looks much worse, which is also the side the ref will have seen it from. From where I was in the West Stand Upper, it just looked mis-timed to me and not a challenge where he has looked to do Mellis.

It was the most blatant red you'll see for a long time.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
adamstag wrote:

It was blatantly a red

It was the most blatant red you'll see for a long time.

I share the exact same view on it as GC did in his post match interview. He went for the ball, he was just late.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Not keen on the running on empty excuse
I know a few not match fit but all teams had a lot of games and Grimsby had 10 for the whole of the match
Sadly not feeling Coughlan at the moment is the right appointment but I will keep faith for a while yet as maybe he can turn it around but this squad is not as we knew it last season
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:13 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Not keen on the running on empty excuse
I know a few not match fit but all teams had a lot of games and Grimsby had 10 for the whole of the match
Sadly not feeling Coughlan at the moment is the right appointment but I will keep faith for a while yet as maybe he can turn it around but this squad is not as we knew it last season

I disagree I think he is and think Coughlan can only be judged when he's had opportunity to bring in his own players.

These players got Dempster sacked, the vast majority got Flitcroft sacked. They haven't performed since February last year and quite rightly a large number now need to be moved on.

We could have Jurgen klopp in charge and we'd still get the same output from the players - you can roll a turd in glitter but at the end of the day its still a turd. The squad at the moment is sh*te and big changes are needed on the playing front.

We just need to focus on a mid table finish and stay away from a relegation fight.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:38 pm

On fitness I think the point he was making is that they aren’t fit enough to play his style of football over that period not that they couldn’t have played that number of games under the old style.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Rob wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Rob wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Spiritater wrote:But long ball's his game according to Brovers fans so tint gonna change a deal.

We didn't play long ball on Wednesday.
His major error today was trying the same tactic against a very different team and then not having the nous or guts to change it when it was clear it wasn't working

That's how I saw it too. The players were poor, so were our tactics.

If you don't hang about too much i'm sure you can still pick up a half season ticket, at Bolton, hes doing such a sterling job they have won less games than us this season

:lol: Gone well since you got your way eh dogpoo? What sort of end to the season do we need to finish 4th?

I wish GC well, I hope he brings us success, but he needs to do it quick otherwise muppets like you will be after his head. Key to success is new manager every 6-12 months, said no-one ever.

:D :D :D I don't profess to have any influence on JRs decision making about managerial selections. I was shocked when DF was sacked but not in any way surprised as he miss managed two promotion attempts so he got what JR wanted. I soon tried to forget him as he's history and move on.
I suspect you cant wait for GC to fail as well but I think he will get somewhere when 90% of the players are gone as they are the problem at the moment.
As for the smell of dogpoo you must be well used to that coming from your background. We all know what RAF stands for. Roger that aye!! Suggest you get your head our of DFs bottom and move on. Football clubs were queuing round the corner to employ DF after he was sacked, not. Just for the record I don't agree sacking managers every 6 months and never have. Its these players that got JD sacked they really are a bunch of timewasters.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum