{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Bradders » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:06 pm

To me, it looked like Preston was being pushed by the Bradford player as they tussled towards the line. He stood his ground, and the attacking player fell against him when he attempted to cut in. I suppose Preston should have tried to get out of the way, but then he would have been criticised for letting the opponent past.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 pm

Bradders wrote:To me, it looked like Preston was being pushed by the Bradford player as they tussled towards the line. He stood his ground, and the attacking player fell against him when he attempted to cut in. I suppose Preston should have tried to get out of the way, but then he would have been criticised for letting the opponent past.

I don't think it was a pen either, it was half a dozen of one but when your down the bottom.
They get that and yet Maynards through against Cheltenham, blatant pen and sending off we get nothing!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Bradders wrote:To me, it looked like Preston was being pushed by the Bradford player as they tussled towards the line. He stood his ground, and the attacking player fell against him when he attempted to cut in. I suppose Preston should have tried to get out of the way, but then he would have been criticised for letting the opponent past.

I don't think it was a pen either, it was half a dozen of one but when your down the bottom.
They get that and yet Maynards through against Cheltenham, blatant pen and sending off we get nothing!!

the foul on Maynard against Cheltenham was blatant and should have been a red card, but it was outside the box.

I think it is a foul today. Preston has his hand on Connolly from outside the box and continues inside the box as Connolly goes down. I think that's a penalty and a clumsy foul by Preston. Poor mistake from Preston, one of too many this season.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:42 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

the foul on Maynard against Cheltenham was blatant and should have been a red card, but it was outside the box.

I think it is a foul today. Preston has his hand on Connolly from outside the box and continues inside the box as Connolly goes down. I think that's a penalty and a clumsy foul by Preston. Poor mistake from Preston, one of too many this season.

If it was 5 a side I'd agree. But in football contact isn't automatically a foul, and a defender is meant to be allowed to fend off an opponent as long as he doesn't actively push him over. We aren't saying that it was a push.

So that Preston has his hand on him means little. After all, the Bradford player is fending him off with his arm.
We saw a Bradford defender hang on to Cook and almost rip his shirt off in the goal area and the ref clearly allowed that. In the Preston case it's only that he didn't get out of the way when the attacker tried to turn in. Then they both fall over.

If that's a foul, perhaps our strikers could start doing the same and we'll get two penalties every match.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:57 am

I thought their right back could've been sent off for a yellow card challenge on CJ in the second half. He had already been booked I think.

Vaughan seemed to be gobbing off at the ref all game and I thought he was lucky not to get a second yellow for dissent
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:58 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I thought their right back could've been sent off for a yellow card challenge on CJ in the second half. He had already been booked I think.

Agreed
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stag861 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:41 am

I'm pleased you gave CJ mom as two young kids behind me moaned all match about him. In the second half they wanted him subbed even though we had made three substitutions. You may not like a player but at least give them a chance from minute one.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:53 am

MOTM with a 6.5 score shows how cack the rest were.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:47 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I thought their right back could've been sent off for a yellow card challenge on CJ in the second half. He had already been booked I think.

Agreed

Definitely worthy of another yellow, not that it would have changed much.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:MOTM with a 6.5 score shows how cack the rest were.

CJ was our biggest threat all game. You find anything in praise of Hamilton hard to accept.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:34 pm

I agree three players who have impressed since Graham's arrival, Tommo, CJ and Clarke, all young and the core of a future team, a coaches dream IMO
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:I agree three players who have impressed since Graham's arrival, Tommo, CJ and Clarke, all young and the core of a future team, a coaches dream

Tommo :lol: :lol: just shows how we all view a game differently
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:21 pm

WVStag wrote:

CJ was our biggest threat all game. You find anything in praise of Hamilton hard to accept.

And you find anyone who disagrees with you ,to be wrong
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:50 pm

spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

And you find anyone who disagrees with you ,to be wrong

If you're wrong, you're wrong. If you can't accept the truth, that's not my fault.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum