{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Field Mill pitch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Field Mill pitch

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Maldon Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
You've just been outed as completely wrong by actual experts.... nice to have a go at the groundsman though because we have to hate on someone don't we?

Please point me in the direction of where I've been proven wrong? I worked for Talbot Farm Landscapes while studying for my DipHE and Diploma to become an OPD in the NHS, working for "Talbot Farm Landscapes" paid my way through University pre 2012.

Nobody likes a clever-arse :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Maldon Stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:46 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
You've just been outed as completely wrong by actual experts.... nice to have a go at the groundsman though because we have to hate on someone don't we?

Please point me in the direction of where I've been proven wrong? I worked for Talbot Farm Landscapes while studying for my DipHE and Diploma to become an OPD in the NHS, working for "Talbot Farm Landscapes" paid my way through University pre 2012.

I wasn't clever at school believe me, it's taken hard work to get where I am today. I've just recently completed a 5 year degree to work in anaesthetics, only another 2 years work placement at the hospital I'm working at now then, it's all over. :? :? :?
Last edited by Maldon Stag on Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maldon Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby sw19stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:55 pm

Maldon Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I wasn't clever at school believe me, it's taken hard work to get where I am today. I've just recently completed a 5 year degree to work in anesthetics, only another 2 years work placement at the hospital I'm working at now then, it's all over. :? :? :?

5 years and you still can't spell it properly!
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Maldon Stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:04 pm

sw19stag wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I wasn't clever at school believe me, it's taken hard work to get where I am today. I've just recently completed a 5 year degree to work in anaesthetics, only another 2 years work placement at the hospital I'm working at now then, it's all over. :? :? :?

5 years and you still can't spell it properly!

I do apologise I'm on a mobile device. I didn't know the spelling had to be "on point," is it a rule of the forum?
Maldon Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby sw19stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Thank you for the correction.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:54 pm

I do apologise I'm on a mobile device. I didn't know the spelling had to be "on point," is it a rule of the forum?[/quote]

It's the main rule.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:This is the thing with the internet, sound like you know what you're on about and no one will question you.

Glad Mez has seen this raspberries and rubbished it.

You just have to find the right site, then cut and paste.

Hey presto, instant expert.

There's no copy and paste in my post just experience at a high level, why are you so bitter?

So anyway. Where was he outed as wrong ?

Still waiting for the evidence.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 pm

:lol: Agent Maldon Stag could go under cover ,as a apprentice they be expecting a few mistakes :lol: Paint Amber and Blue lines round the pitch when no one is watching :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:39 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Here is the thread, from a year ago.

Maldon Stag clearly has some experience in the field and highlighted the problems then. Although he was ‘discredited’

I’m no pitch expert, but clearly something that needs to be looked at a bit more closely
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:32 pm

I wonder if now he's been proved right that he'll get an apology from the gob that is Sedgwick???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:33 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:I wonder if now he's been proved right that he'll get an apology from the gob that is Sedgwick???

nahhhh

crying over a post from a year ago.. and we wonder why the majority of stags fans and people actually involved with the club cant stand this place.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:59 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:I wonder if now he's been proved right that he'll get an apology from the gob that is Sedgwick???

nahhhh

crying over a post from a year ago.. and we wonder why the majority of stags fans and people actually involved with the club cant stand this place.

Didn't think you would, can't admit when you're wrong :roll:

Ah I see, you know the club staffs thoughts and the majority of our fans, by God you're good.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:49 pm

The end of the day NO ONE on this message board knows the ins and outs of the situation.

We don't know what finances Mez has had to work with
We don't know if there are issues with drainage etc
He was furloughed and a pitch needs attention.
We've had a mixture of weather at a time the pitch needed sun and light.
Andy Johnson isn't fertlizing the pitch with his bull anymore
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:08 pm

The clubs most essential asset is its pitch and for the second winter in a row it is in really poor condition.

I don’t think finger pointing at Mez helps the situation though. It’s no good blaming the weather either. Plenty of clubs within 50 miles of us have pitches in much better condition.

It’s the clubs responsibility to provide a decent product to its paying supporters.

I wrote on the commentary thread that there is a real risk of losing fans if the online match day experience isn’t improved. This problem is exacerbated when we can’t play games because the pitch is not playable. Every weekend that passes is an opportunity for casual fans to prefer sitting at home watching Sky to returning to the Mill.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

nahhhh

Shows you for the loser that you are. You’ve been hilariously exposed as wrong and you owe Maldon an apology. Now, grow a pair and issue it.
Mez has been shown to be a clown too
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:37 pm

Please do not be concerned over the pitch, if we avoid relegation, Clough with the help of J-R and the ground staff will sort it, the condition of the pitch have and will cost us points
a poor playing surface helps to stop teams performing, Away teams come to frustrate and stop teams performing.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:40 pm

I’ve always found it funny how easy everyone else’s job looks.........until you try it!!! I’ve fell into that trap myself, as have others with my job.
I’d like to congratulate Mez on the job he’s done for years. Never met the guy, but it’s not an easy job especially if certain factors are out of your hands.
Well done Mez!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum