{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Was the equaliser a cross ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:29 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Was the equaliser a cross ?

I thought so at the time
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Plus the pitch doesn’t look in too good condition

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Pitch was awful and not conducive to any kind of football. Although that wont be a problem for us now.

Not sure I agree with his assessment. We never looked like winning that until the last few minutes. In a game where we went 2 down through poor defending claiming it was 2 points dropped is a bit of a stretch for me.

Great come back but really we robbed Vale of 2 points. Not the other way round.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:58 pm

Don’t think we robbed PV ,they had a good chance in the 1st half which they missed and two chances in the second half which they scored.
We were poor most of the game ,set up a bit defensive .with bishop and Tomlinson sat at the front of the back four .
New manager feeling his way you can understand , so onwards COYS
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:12 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Plus the pitch doesn’t look in too good condition

Pitch is knackered, honestly its shocking
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Plus the pitch doesn’t look in too good condition

Pitch is knackered, honestly its shocking

Need a desso !!!

The amount we’ve paid on wasted wages over the last two years would of paid for one.

Or hire a new/more groundsmen.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:15 pm

We don’t need a decent pitch. We need decent players. The pitch never bothered some of our good sides.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:41 pm

Bob n Clogger at fault for No2. Bob should have punched it away.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:10 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:57 am

It was a crap game, I love how folk are dressing it up, it was crap. Two crap teams incapable of passing to each other. The 5.5k deserved better than that drivel. Imagine having a tactic of hoofing the ball to a 5 ft 6 winger, imagine it ....... Utter garbage. Still, some of you lot deserve it, it was a great season last year, great football, challenging all season, disappointing finish but clearly something to build on - not good enough for some of you eh? Bottom 6 now, thanks to you, happy new fkn year.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 am

Chill out, Rob!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:18 am

smulls wrote:Chill out, Rob!

I'm chill, it was crap though :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:21 am

Rob wrote:It was a crap game, I love how folk are dressing it up, it was crap. Two crap teams incapable of passing to each other. The 5.5k deserved better than that drivel. Imagine having a tactic of hoofing the ball to a 5 ft 6 winger, imagine it ....... Utter garbage. Still, some of you lot deserve it, it was a great season last year, great football, challenging all season, disappointing finish but clearly something to build on - not good enough for some of you eh? Bottom 6 now, thanks to you, happy new fkn year.

This would all make sense if you directed it at Radford and the board instead of at us fans :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:32 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:It was a crap game, I love how folk are dressing it up, it was crap. Two crap teams incapable of passing to each other. The 5.5k deserved better than that drivel. Imagine having a tactic of hoofing the ball to a 5 ft 6 winger, imagine it ....... Utter garbage. Still, some of you lot deserve it, it was a great season last year, great football, challenging all season, disappointing finish but clearly something to build on - not good enough for some of you eh? Bottom 6 now, thanks to you, happy new fkn year.

This would all make sense if you directed it at Radford and the board instead of at us fans :lol:

:lol: loving the abdication of responsibility - this board has all the posts from the Spring, take a look what some fans were asking for. Thankfully I do not do FB but I know the bile on there was far worse than on here. They got what they wanted and they were absolutely wrong, not that any of them will ever admit it. We are a sacking club now, success will not follow.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:08 am

Rob wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

:lol: loving the abdication of responsibility - this board has all the posts from the Spring, take a look what some fans were asking for. Thankfully I do not do FB but I know the bile on there was far worse than on here. They got what they wanted and they were absolutely wrong, not that any of them will ever admit it. We are a sacking club now, success will not follow.

It doesn't matter how many time you post this same load of raspberrys, it'll never be right.

The board only take notice of what the fans think when they stop turning up. The 3,500 gate v Cheltenham did as much to get JD fired as the garbage performance on the pitch.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:37 am

Rob wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

I still believe that we are a club that generally gives managers a decent amount of time.

Working back, Dempsters short reign was an anomaly because he was absolutely hopeless, he had to go.

Flitcroft the only questionable sacking in the last 10 years , but the board sacked him off their own back and for their own reasons after we blew it from strong positions twice under his watch unfortunately (Let’s not get in to the finer detail as we’ll be here all day). 1 full season probably a bit harsh on him. On your other point, I don’t really think the fans had any sway on the Flitcroft getting sacked.

Evans was not sacked, he obviously walked.

Murray and Cox had plenty of time in charge but both of their tenures had seen us stagnate and I don’t think you can really argue with them being moved on.

I now think that Coughlan will be given a good crack at it. He’ll be backed in the next 2 transfer windows and will have an opportunity, particularly in the summer, to ship out who he doesn’t want after having 6 months with them, and bring in players that will suit the way he wants us to go.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:58 am

Can I borrow your rose tinted specs please Rob?. There is no way you could accurately describe last season's efforts as great football and challenging all season. Yes we played some good stuff at times but we were quickly found out and Mr Flitcroft had no plan B which resulted in us failing to achieve. Had he remained he still wouldn't have had a plan B and not only wouldn't we have achieved again but I doubt we would have made the playoffs.

Hindsight is a glorious thing but I don't think we would be celebrating anything now.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:08 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Can I borrow your rose tinted specs please Rob?. There is no way you could accurately describe last season's efforts as great football and challenging all season. Yes we played some good stuff at times but we were quickly found out and Mr Flitcroft had no plan B which resulted in us failing to achieve. Had he remained he still wouldn't have had a plan B and not only wouldn't we have achieved again but I doubt we would have made the playoffs.

Hindsight is a glorious thing but I don't think we would be celebrating anything now.

How can you say we weren’t challenging all season ? We were one goal from automatic promotion in the final game and we made the play offs ?
What a daft post.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:19 am

bellwhiff wrote:

How can you say we weren’t challenging all season ? We were one goal from automatic promotion in the final game and we made the play offs ?
What a daft post.

You are obviously incapable of looking at early season tables or just don't consider them part of the season. Too many draws left us outside the playoffs even. At least you can count this reply as another bite on your usual trolling fishing expeditions.

It really is about time you grew up gripper or are you proud of being the most disliked and irrelevant poster on Stagsnet?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 am

Christ almighty :lol:

I hope you can find peace Rob, have a good new year.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:41 am

Can I borrow your rose tinted specs please Rob?. There is no way you could accurately describe last season's efforts as great football and challenging all season. Yes we played some good stuff at times but we were quickly found out and Mr Flitcroft had no polan B which resulted in us failing to achieve. Had he remained he still wouldn't have had a plan B and not only wouldn't we have achieved again but I doubt we would have made the playoffs.

Of course we were challenging all season, right up to the point of being unluckily beaten over two legs in the playoffs semi final.

It was the players who bottled it and I still think that is one of the reasons the Scottish manager left. He could see he wasn't going to get another promotion with that squad. The football under DF was right up there with the best I've seen in the 50 plus years watching the Stags.

Whether the new guy gets us into League 1, I don't know. From what I've seen so far, and reading what the Rovers fans have written on their website, I'm sure the football won't be of the same quality as under DF.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum