{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

100 % Confidence In GC to sort this sheite out.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 100 % Confidence In GC to sort this sheite out.

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:25 am

ParisStag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:The only thing is that we are 19th and only 7 points above bottom side. We're below Morecambe and troubled club Macclesfield. That's really poor however you cut it.

We need a win, quick. GC's problem is he doesn't have the luxury of time to experiment or learn without picking up points. His fixtures aren't that kind. Looking ahead we've got Bradford twice, Plymouth and FGR all in a short space of time.

I squarely blame John Dempster for this mess. His pathetic attempt at management totally undone all the previous good work. 5 wins this season so far - GC got his work to do.

I'd say he DOES have the luxury of time. He will have been given time to assess and build his own team. We aren't going down and Radford isn't going to sack another manager, especially one who has just inherited this shambles of a team. He'll have a brief of using this season to build for next and if we go up then it's an unexpected bonus.

In the grand scheme, I agree. He has months. It's just that we are in a precarious league position with tough matches coming up. Where is his first win coming from? We need it before it becomes a pressurised relegation environment.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:47 am

I think this is another knee jerk management appointment, that hasn't been thought through.[/quote]

You are completely wrong....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:35 pm

He desperately needs a right winger and a box to box midfielder. I would also be looking for a quick striker. Right back is an issue as we don't know what's happening with White. A centre back who can cover both full back areas may be useful.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I think this is another knee jerk management appointment, that hasn't been thought through.

You are completely wrong....[/quote]
They need to advertise the post of manager, not go in for who they think might do a good job. None of the appointments since Paul Cox have achieved the goal of league 1.

What has the new manager achieved to suggest he could be the one to take us to league 1?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:49 pm

I just hope that whilst looking to replace the physical players with better physical players he doesn't also get rid of the players with quality to offer such as Khan, Maynard and Mellis. Get more out of those three and get CJ running on to balls with confidence then you will be the manager we really need!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:I think this is another knee jerk management appointment, that hasn't been thought through.

They need to advertise the post of manager, not go in for who they think might do a good job. None of the appointments since Paul Cox have achieved the goal of league 1.

What has the new manager achieved to suggest he could be the one to take us to league 1?[/quote]

My God! Don’t we have wonderful fans!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Early Days.If things are bad same time next year then the fans will be entitled to moan.Patience is required.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

What has the new manager achieved to suggest he could be the one to take us to league 1?[/quote]

You dont need to advertise anything. We live in an era where Agents and Managers know what jobs are available and if they're interested they make it known. The owners made it crystal clear that we had several 'interesting applicants" but felt that after speaking to Coughlan that he was the stand out option.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Maldon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
I think this is another knee jerk management appointment, that hasn't been thought through.

I agree, why not interview candidates to get the best one? GC's football will be scruffy to say the least but, like you mentioned above it will be route one.

Thick as pig raspberries all of you. It WAS advertised, it would have been known to all agents across the country and probably on the fa jobs board... Do you expect them to publicly announce it on indeed?? They chose the best candidate that came forward, it's already been started.

I guess we should wait untill Chris's wilder wants to drop back to league two. Honestly some of you lot don't deserve a football club.

GC is just what we need. Are Bristol rovers fans complaining they don't play like Barcelona? No. They're winning and loving it.

I guess to please everyone we should have waited for peps contract to run out.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What has the new manager achieved to suggest he could be the one to take us to league 1?

You dont need to advertise anything. We live in an era where Agents and Managers know what jobs are available and if they're interested they make it known. The owners made it crystal clear that we had several 'interesting applicants" but felt that after speaking to Coughlan that he was the stand out option.[/quote]
And you know it was not advertised because?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
I think this is another knee jerk management appointment, that hasn't been thought through.

I agree, why not interview candidates to get the best one? GC's football will be scruffy to say the least but, like you mentioned above it will be route one.

Thick as pig raspberries all of you. It WAS advertised, it would have been known to all agents across the country and probably on the fa jobs board... Do you expect them to publicly announce it on indeed?? They chose the best candidate that came forward, it's already been started.

I guess we should wait untill Chris's wilder wants to drop back to league two. Honestly some of you lot don't deserve a football club.

GC is just what we need. Are Bristol rovers fans complaining they don't play like Barcelona? No. They're winning and loving it.

I guess to please everyone we should have waited for peps contract to run out.

They were actually Sedgy. See the 'Dear Degas' thread for just one example. Perhaps do a bit of research when opening a post with 'thick as pig raspberries all of you'
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby jimdadstag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I personally have 100% confidence GC will sort this shower of show ponies out.

It may take him till next season granted but look at the difference in attitude and work rate in less than a fortnight ....

Wait till he gets HIS players in and watch us go...

GC Barmy army .....

Thing is,it's always next season.
Never seem to get it sorted in the present.
Only twice whilst I've been watching regularly have we ever done anything remotely remarkable.
With the money that's being thrown at these players and plethora of managers,I would have thought there would be light at the end of the tunnel.
No,just a bloke with a torch saying 'next season's
I really hope this manager can be the one but history says he'll be another in a long line of tried and failed.
Sorry to be a grinch but look at the facts my friends.
Hopefully a better new year and some footy to make us sing.
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:14 pm

jimdadstag wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:I personally have 100% confidence GC will sort this shower of show ponies out.

It may take him till next season granted but look at the difference in attitude and work rate in less than a fortnight ....

Wait till he gets HIS players in and watch us go...

GC Barmy army .....

Thing is,it's always next season.
Never seem to get it sorted in the present.
Only twice whilst I've been watching regularly have we ever done anything remotely remarkable.
With the money that's being thrown at these players and plethora of managers,I would have thought there would be light at the end of the tunnel.
No,just a bloke with a torch saying 'next season's
I really hope this manager can be the one but history says he'll be another in a long line of tried and failed.
Sorry to be a grinch but look at the facts my friends.
Hopefully a better new year and some footy to make us sing.

Grinch :)
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:16 pm

The One wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

You dont need to advertise anything. We live in an era where Agents and Managers know what jobs are available and if they're interested they make it known. The owners made it crystal clear that we had several 'interesting applicants" but felt that after speaking to Coughlan that he was the stand out option.

And you know it was not advertised because?[/quote]

I never said it wasn't advertised I said you wouldn't NEED to advertise it to get interest in the job.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:22 pm

So does it matter if it was advertised ,the owners have made their choice ,some are upset ,its life get on with it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:01 pm

The One wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

And you know it was not advertised because?[/quote]

Er....because Andy didn’t see it in the Chad
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:15 pm

1970Stag wrote:The football, if you can call it that, was atrocious today, absolute hoofball with very little end product. Once Mellis Khan and Maynard came on, we played some better football and scored some goals, the 2nd goal especially shows why his tactics don't work. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but today was abysmal, and if you want to see that week in, week out, good luck to you.

Judging a manager and his style of play after 180 minutes of football sums this clubs fan base up.

We don’t deserve any success whatsoever due to attitudes like this.

In case you missed it GC took Bristol Rovers from relegation certs to L1 promotion contenders without spending a single penny, he also did it playing “tactics that don’t work”

Give the guy a break, get behind him and his squad. He will need at least a full season to sort this lot out, a full clear out is required. Be patient...
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:41 pm

You do know ‘this lot’ went on an unbeaten run of a silly number of games last season, don’t you?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:57 pm

So we had a team not functioning under JD and The Chairman and CEO sorted it out , probably not as quick as we liked but it got done.

GC was straight up with how he wanted to play when he came in , he as got use these same group of players to adapt to is style of play .

I for one are buying into the GC project so relax and take your time and give it a chance .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2lUuNPf-p4
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:30 pm

BigGuy wrote:You do know ‘this lot’ went on an unbeaten run of a silly number of games last season, don’t you?

Absolutely.

They are a shadow of that team now for whatever reason, I hope GC can install some confidence back into them and get them playing the way we know they can.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum