{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

If JD's Staying...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: If JD's Staying...

Postby SidneyOttewell » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:10 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Lets hope Carolyn can exert some influence on JR and maybe she has a manager tucked away in her luggage somewhere just waiting to be let out of the bag ..lol
My feeling is JD got till 2.1.20. after the Cambridge game.

Or maybe this is all just part of the bigger plan.....remember 'The Manageress' tv series in the late 80s? It could happen. :shock:
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:28 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Lets hope Carolyn can exert some influence on JR and maybe she has a manager tucked away in her luggage somewhere just waiting to be let out of the bag ..lol
My feeling is JD got till 2.1.20. after the Cambridge game.

Or maybe this is all just part of the bigger plan.....remember 'The Manageress' tv series in the late 80s? It could happen. :shock:

Cherie Lunghi
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 pm

JD is staying so if anyone wants to voice their disapproval shout at JR & CR. And stop booing JD

Remember as JD's employers they have a duty of care towards him. They need to ensure he can cope with the mental pressures of failing to achieve his own and the clubs expectations of him. I know Steve Hymas has ruled out a mentoring role so what help is the club providing.

This forum is not helping by blaming JD for everything. Let's remember he's a young family man trying his best.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm

sunray wrote:JD is staying so if anyone wants to voice their disapproval shout at JR & CR. And stop booing JD

Remember as JD's employers they have a duty of care towards him. They need to ensure he can cope with the mental pressures of failing to achieve his own and the clubs expectations of him. I know Steve Hymas has ruled out a mentoring role so what help is the club providing.

This forum is not helping by blaming JD for everything. Let's remember he's a young family man trying his best.

I agree with most of what you have said. The experiment has failed, to blame the Radfords though is wrong. He knecwhat was required when he took the job, it works both ways. If he is feeling the pressure resign, he is not chained to the training ground.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:15 pm

The One wrote:
sunray wrote:JD is staying so if anyone wants to voice their disapproval shout at JR & CR. And stop booing JD

I agree with most of what you have said. The experiment has failed, to blame the Radfords though is wrong. He knecwhat was required when he took the job, it works both ways. If he is feeling the pressure resign, he is not chained to the training ground.

You're both right, they all carry the can for different reasons. That doesn't mean they are exempt from open and direct criticism.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
The One wrote:

You're both right, they all carry the can for different reasons. That doesn't mean they are exempt from open and direct criticism.

Surely thats playing the blame game ? A messy divorce.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:14 pm

The One wrote:

The Radfords and the rest of the board of directors are exactly who are to blame. They appointed him, they could replace him. Why are they above blame?

I don't expect JD to resign, i wouldn't in his position - i'd believe i could turn it round.

I personally haven't shouted anything at JD at games for the above reason. Its not his fault he's doing a crap job, unless you don't think he's trying or is sabotaging us, which i don't think is the case. He's just not good enough. I would have taken the job if offered, as he did. The blame and responsibility lies solely with the board. I did chant Dempster Out and will again, but that isn't a message to JD to resign, its for the board to hear and act on!
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:27 pm

What baffles me is that in the eyes of some fans Radford is exempt from blame just because he's put money in the club. It was him and his raspberry board that hired JD and its their responsibility to get rid.

JD wont resign and quite frankly i don't blame him. I'm not a fan of booing the manager, its literally the least constructive thing we can do as a set of fans.
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 pm

People don't want to point the finger at the Radfords because of a few simple reasons.

Its JR money so actually his ball without him we wouldn't have a club

JR is a local lad very few n far you'll find this in the game

Fans are scared if they shout abuse for a bad decision the board have made JR might think I don't need this abuse i can watch my club as a fan without the being feeling slaughtered on decisions.

All the above would mean new owners n uncertainty within the future of the club.

However even JR n the board needs to be told by fans these results are not acceptable and we dont pay our money to watch the garbage playing on matchday
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:23 pm

JLStag wrote:What baffles me is that in the eyes of some fans Radford is exempt from blame just because he's put money in the club. It was him and his raspberry board that hired JD and its their responsibility to get rid.

JD wont resign and quite frankly i don't blame him. I'm not a fan of booing the manager, its literally the least constructive thing we can do as a set of fans.

People are a bit wary of criticising the Radford's because they saved our club when it was on its knees. They haven't just 'put money in'. They've done a lot of good things for us, including helping get the club out of the hell hole that is non league football. This doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism, but to suggest he's only put money into the club is insulting to the good work they've done since being here.

They're not gonna get everything right, are they? But we'd probably be watching AFC Mansfield playing on a rugby pitch if it wasn't for them.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:32 pm

Another insta quote from Carolyn :

The best feeling in the whole world is watching things finally fall into place after watching them fall apart for so long
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Another insta quote from Carolyn :

The best feeling in the whole world is watching things finally fall into place after watching them fall apart for so long

Thats optomistic
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:37 pm

She's been positing quotes like these for months, but nothing happens. It probably has nothing to do with stags.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Of course ... she could be talking about something that has nothing to do with MTFC.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Of course, but there’s the chance that she is.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Of course, but there’s the chance that she is.

You also noted that Carolyn was coming back to the UK on Monday and nothing came of that either ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:47 pm

If she’s not, she just teasing the fans - and given the circumstances, that would be indefensible.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:56 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

You also noted that Carolyn was coming back to the UK on Monday and nothing came of that either ;)

There’s no way of being sure of that.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

There’s no way of being sure of that.

Anyone had a personalised Chrissy card from the Radford’s, yet?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:38 pm

I got my card this morning. Signed by those 2 and Glover oddly enough
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:53 pm

Talking of Christmas, is there a carol service this year ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:11 am

The One wrote:Talking of Christmas, is there a carol service this year ?

Depends on JRs stamina :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum