{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster going nowhere - chairman gives full backing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster going nowhere - chairman gives full backing

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:31 am

Toxic thing is just an excuse.

Everyone around me was fully behind the team until 0-2 on Saturday, particularly first half.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Toxic thing is just an excuse.

Everyone around me was fully behind the team until 0-2 on Saturday, particularly first half.

Agreed, the “oooh we can’t play the atmosphere is scary” is complete and utter rubbish.

Bishop claimed that after the Chorley game.

They then had 3 consecutive competitive away games (2 in the league and 1 in the fa cup) and scored 0, 0 and 0.

What was the excuse for that?

There’s more movement in a morgue than in our midfield, that’s not the fans fault is it?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 am

Tend to agree. Singing and actually getting behind them gets very tiresome and you start thinking, 'why am I doing this?' as they fail to respond and just continue to waltz aimlessly about.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:26 am

I just find the whole thing incredible. We’re sleepwalking in to a relegation scrap and looking at the fixtures I honestly don’t know where the next goal is coming from, let alone win under this management.

We’ve a manager that has openly admitted he hasn’t been able to get the best out of the players, has no experience in how to turn it around, and clearly can’t motivate the team - Saturday made that abundantly clear (not that we didn’t know already). The fans have lost faith and so have the players.

I know there’s the issue of the payoff, but Radford can not risk us going down which is why I think it’s neigh on impossible for Dempster to see the season out. We’re taking a huge gamble letting this go on and on and on.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am

adamstag wrote:

Agreed, the “oooh we can’t play the atmosphere is scary” is complete and utter rubbish.

Bishop claimed that after the Chorley game.

They then had 3 consecutive competitive away games (2 in the league and 1 in the fa cup) and scored 0, 0 and 0.

What was the excuse for that?

There’s more movement in a morgue than in our midfield, that’s not the fans fault is it?

That’ll be the Bishop that did all he could to help his mates down at Meadow lane stay up, and in doing so cost us a promotion spot.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 am

There is one positive, we've now beaten two sides above us in the league! Scunthorpe and Walsall. Interesting to see Hurst turning things around, a proven manager this level, after a dreadful start.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:58 am

Football is a strange game.I went to Swindon.We were outplayed for 30 minutes but then got a foothold in the game.Second half there was only one team trying to win the game.US.They were going down with fake injuries and kicking the ball anywhere.If Maynard had put away a couple of chances one was a sitter we would have got something from the game.At Shrewsbury we were slightly the better side in the first half.When they lost their best player I thought we would go on and at least get a replay.They were all over us with ten men and we were hopeless.The playere must take most of the blame for this display not the manager.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 am

geoffhill wrote:Football is a strange game.I went to Swindon.We were outplayed for 30 minutes but then got a foothold in the game.Second half there was only one team trying to win the game.US.They were going down with fake injuries and kicking the ball anywhere.If Maynard had put away a couple of chances one was a sitter we would have got something from the game.At Shrewsbury we were slightly the better side in the first half.When they lost their best player I thought we would go on and at least get a replay.They were all over us with ten men and we were hopeless.The playere must take most of the blame for this display not the manager.

So you’d keep Dempster in post?

Edit: slightly misread on the last sentence! So probs not :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Spiritater wrote:Don't boo if it's crap, I just sit in silence and suffer

Me too. Best way.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Don't boo if it's crap, I just sit in silence and suffer

Me too. Best way.

I think you mean it's the way that you think it's best.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:38 pm

I think complete, utter deathly silence would speak absolute volumes to the players if they turn in another clueless, gutless, powderpuff shytshow of recent times. Come the whistle nothing, no jeers, no boos, no name calling. Just turn your back on them and walk out. They'd have absolutely no chance to sarcasticly clap us as they went down the tunnel.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Spiritater wrote:I think complete, utter deathly silence would speak absolute volumes to the players if they turn in another clueless, gutless, powderpuff shytshow of recent times. Come the whistle nothing, no jeers, no boos, no name calling. Just turn your back on them and walk out. They'd have absolutely no chance to sarcasticly clap us as they went down the tunnel.

Fair point.

Mind, there was a deathly silence after about 5 minutes against Cheltenham when fans quickly got the jist of what was coming.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marksay » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:03 pm

As I stated on the other feed , it will cost us well over 7 figures if we crash out the league . We will make money in the playoffs and the crowds will swell
marksay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:07 pm

we'll not make the playoffs :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:45 pm

I hate to be doom and gloom but just can't see this turning around.
We need change to reinvigorate the whole club.
We turned the corner and then hit a brick wall and spun off into the central reservation on Sat.
Only the cliff edge is round the next corner.

Cox being lined up to take us back up...again.... maybe!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Totally reasonable post Tillydog lad.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Does that mean that we`re going down? On saturday, for the first time in 9 years, I thought, why am I wasting my time here!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:I think complete, utter deathly silence would speak absolute volumes to the players if they turn in another clueless, gutless, powderpuff shytshow of recent times. Come the whistle nothing, no jeers, no boos, no name calling. Just turn your back on them and walk out. They'd have absolutely no chance to sarcasticly clap us as they went down the tunnel.

Never gonna happen. There were plenty of happy clappers applauding the team off on Saturday after 3 nil home defeat.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Jamie wrote:

Never gonna happen. There were plenty of happy clappers applauding the team off on Saturday after 3 nil home defeat.

Always is, baffles me.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:01 pm

I can't see any benefit in doing that. It's like shaking someone's hand after they've kicked you in the ballocks
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Spiritater wrote:I can't see any benefit in doing that. It's like shaking someone's hand after they've kicked you in the ballocks

Waiting for someone to call it loyalty or make some other ridiculous statement about unconditional support.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:11 pm

we all seem to be missing the point here, the expectation of the fans was set by the board at the start of last season and the start of this season going forward.
at no point have the fans been told this is not project promotion, in fact in every column I read from the chairman and the CEO they are still stating the same objective.
this is why the majority of the fans are so disillusioned with the performance and the response of the board.
In my opinion if the board want the fans back on side they need to structure our expectation, i.e. this is not project promotion we are sticking with the current manager put up or shut up so to speak.
then at least fans can make an objective choice to go for the rest of the season and support what we’ve got safe in the knowledge that they won’t be frustrated or disillusioned by following the dream they were set by the board at the start of the season.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:18 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:we all seem to be missing the point here, the expectation of the fans was set by the board at the start of last season and the start of this season going forward.
at no point have the fans been told this is not project promotion, in fact in every column I read from the chairman and the CEO they are still stating the same objective.
this is why the majority of the fans are so disillusioned with the performance and the response of the board.
In my opinion if the board want the fans back on side they need to structure our expectation, i.e. this is not project promotion we are sticking with the current manager put up or shut up so to speak.
then at least fans can make an objective choice to go for the rest of the season and support what we’ve got safe in the knowledge that they won’t be frustrated or disillusioned by following the dream they were set by the board at the start of the season.
It's much more simple than that.

If the product is not up to expectation don't go.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:we all seem to be missing the point here, the expectation of the fans was set by the board at the start of last season and the start of this season going forward.

Yorkie if I said you're gonna win The Lottery tomorrow as I've just bought you the winning ticket would you believe me?

Football is very strange. Who'd of thought Accy would win Lge2, Liecester the Prem. I finished 'expecting' much from our club years ago.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 am

Good post from Yorshire.
My guess chairman very rarely will say 'no promotion this season' but JR has kind of imprinted this on the club and fans so any movement away from the aim as seems the present position gets us all a bit miffed off.

the latest talk from JD about changes in January does not bode well
we need the change NOW!!

What will change in January apart from maybe one or 2 new players
Players chatting and taking responsibility on Sunday morning won't wash
We need focus 3pm Saturdays to 4.45pm Saturdays.

Perhaps the cunning plan is to be low like this and then take the late run in and win all the games from Jan to the end of the season and take us all by surprise!!

Is it Drew talking maybe in these interviews and somebody is manipulating JD's mouth like a ventriloquist dummy possibly !!

Its all a bit frustrating but hey ho supporting MTFC for nearly 50 years has always been project difficult.

COYS
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum