{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:28 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Number63 wrote:
1970Stag wrote:I cant believe there are prunes on here that want Evans back, the guy that walked out because there was a better job in China, fell out with the fans, abused the officials week in, week out, and what's he done since he left us? Bugger all! By all means change the manager, but we dont want Evans back, imagine he took us back into the playoffs and then his dream job came up at [insert team name here] and buggered off (again) rather than finsihing the job we paid him for! Absolute plums!


I agree with that


Evans can rot in hell as far as I am concerned. Horrible person.


Life is too short to hd such strong opinions about someone you don't know. Evans really hasn't done anything that bad. No one died. Get over yourselves.

He didn't move to China, he went to a club in a higher division, it was handled badly, but come on, get off your righteous pedestal.

If he won he first 2 games we'd all love it. It's football, it's fickle.


My objections to him were and are numerous and go way beyond the way in which he actually left his contract.

His transfer activity was poor and he has a record of bringing in players in same way a contestant on supermarket sweep would choose what to go in their trolley. He would happily run down players if he couldn't work out how to get the best from them.
Evans and Raynors' behaviour on the touchline was appalling and, after his move to Peterborough they extended to kicking the door to the ref's room of the hinges after a game at Barnsley. I have been told that two senior and well respected officials at Peterborough told the owners that they could no longer work at Peterborough with his behaviour and aggression towards colleagues.
He engineered upsets whenever Grant McCann was struggling at Peterborough which normally centred on him or Raynor reacting to a comment from the fans behind them and then screaming abuse at them.

I don't want him representing our club particularly when it would require buying him out of his contract at a time when Tisdale and Jones are available
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Mr Dempster is going nowhere


So you keep saying on every thread, get that post count up!!!


Yeh - like nobody else reiterates their opinions!

I don’t give a flying fig about post count
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:32 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Mr Dempster is going nowhere


So you keep saying on every thread, get that post count up!!!


Yeh - like nobody else reiterates their opinions!

I don’t give a flying fig about post count


That's your most constructive comment for years
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Shrewsbury player sent off

At this point it was as though someone flicked a switch in our players brains.
' Hey they're down to 10 men now, it'll be a breeze and we don't need to try anymore'

If anyone needed any proof we've a bunch of spunkless bottlers playing for us, today was the day.
Did it suprise me we created nothing of note against 10 men.... no.

I'm utterly ashamed of this lot.
Last edited by Spiritater on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20240
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby part time pete » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:39 pm

I hold my hand up as one of the nine percent idiots who wanted to give JD more time, but after that last half an hour he has to go tonight.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6044
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm

part time pete wrote:I hold my hand up as one of the nine percent idiots who wanted to give JD more time, but after that last half an hour he has to go tonight.


Bloody hell Pete, never thought you'd change your mind.
Last half hour was painful to watch, tactically inept is being kind
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Well there I was sat in Vienna airport this afternoon and got to the point where I had to turn the phone off.

It was 65 minutes in, they'd gone down to 10 men. I'd like to say I was shocked, stunned or even angry when I turned the phone back on at Brum and saw we'd lost 2-0. But I wasn't there was just an inevitability that we wouldn't have the tactical knowse to see off 10 men.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8174
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:48 pm

The half an hour that Pete refers to should be his endgame.

You’re easily holding your own away to a bang average Shrewsbury side who offered absolutely nothing, they then go down to 10 men due to a matter of idiocy

That half an hour that followed from dempster exposed just how much he was out of touch, out of reality and out of what’s needed.

That 30 minutes should be the last 30 minutes dempster wrote.

It was painful. It was awful, it wad raspberries, not one shot on target.

If dempster were a horse he’d have been shot by now. Come on, do the right thing and fire that shot
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby up north » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 am

Spiritater wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Shrewsbury player sent off

At this point it was as though someone flicked a switch in our players brains.
' Hey they're down to 10 men now, it'll be a breeze and we don't need to try anymore'

If anyone needed any proof we've a bunch of spunkless bottlers playing for us, today was the day.
Did it suprise me we created nothing of note against 10 men.... no.

I'm utterly ashamed of this lot.


thats really poor if that the case, it should have been the opposite, the players should have been thinking "lets give this our all, we should win this now. No excuses".
User avatar
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:53 am

He needs to go now..... any decent player in this squad won't want to hang around if were mid or lower table crap.. Pearce has said he likes to stay here as long as we progress each year. I think a lot of players will be off and the only pull under Dempster will be players wanting a big pay packet and that will not bring in the right type of player.

Unless someone comes in a sorts us out big time. Puts into perspective the good work Flitcroft and Futcher did, after a bad end to the season they said they would get us playing and they did it, shame it just couldn't last in the final run in.. the board should be ashamed they got rid of him and replaced him with this idiot.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby BigGuy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:06 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:As horrible as Evans is, and I really loathe him, I would take him in a heartbeat to rid us of this shower of .....


His return would see the back of me.


Excellent, on my way to Gillingham to pick him up.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Random Hero » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:44 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
His return would see the back of me.


Bring back Steve Evans
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: The wrong side of the M1

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:47 am

Oh dear.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20240
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby S7AGS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:56 am

Might be controversial but do we need a change of captain as well as manager?

I think we lack a real sergeant major on the field to push us over the line in games...someone that would have made it ckear yesterday that the game needed closing out as soon as their player got sent off...I think this lack of leadership on the pitch is more evident this season as there is zero coming from the sidelines...when Evans and Flitcrioft were in charge it didn’t seem to matter as they both spent 90 mins directing and motivating the players

Dempster got it wrong big style yesterday not changing to a more attacking Lineup when their player got sent off but even so, with what we had on the pitch, the players not creating hardly anything smacks of a lack of drive and motivation

I’ll be amazed if they don’t sack him today/ tomorrow...there is literally no way bank once 90% of fans what you gone and seemingly a similar percentage of the players
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:13 am

BigGuy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:As horrible as Evans is, and I really loathe him, I would take him in a heartbeat to rid us of this shower of .....


His return would see the back of me.


Excellent, on my way to Gillingham to pick him up.


I throw out the hook .....
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 am

Random Hero wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
His return would see the back of me.


Bring back Steve Evans


Another one on the hook .....
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Jimstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:16 am

I think Dempster’s interview said it all, if the Radfords want promotion we need wholesale changes including the manager!

Something broke within this group in January 2019, the form shows it. Dempster’s solution seemed sensible, we had a great defensive record so keep that and bring in two decent strikers. What could go wrong? Well the answer is standards slipped from the existing group and discipline went out the window too.

The question becomes what do you do with the rest of the season? If all that is rotten we ain’t going to charge up the table under a new manager so do you go cheap for the rest of the season or do you bring someone in and say build for next year starting January?
Jimstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Bradders » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 am

Jimstag wrote:I think Dempster’s interview said it all, if the Radfords want promotion we need wholesale changes including the manager!

Something broke within this group in January 2019, the form shows it. Dempster’s solution seemed sensible, we had a great defensive record so keep that and bring in two decent strikers. What could go wrong? Well the answer is standards slipped from the existing group and discipline went out the window too.

The question becomes what do you do with the rest of the season? If all that is rotten we ain’t going to charge up the table under a new manager so do you go cheap for the rest of the season or do you bring someone in and say build for next year starting January?

Possibly, bring in a manager who strikes fear into the players. Mellis admitted that the team didn't bother much once Shrewsbury went to 10 men, and it's quite revealing for them to seemingly feel OK facing the manager after going through the motions like that. Dempster must be absolutely seething, but it appears that he lets the players get away with it. You'd think he'd give them the full-on hair dryer treatment for half an hour, and threaten loan spells at Ebbsfleet.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:00 pm

"O’Leary could scarcely have asked for an easer afternoon. One routine stop from Andy Cook’s header and handled crosses well."
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:08 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Hate the team, hate the management, hate the coaches. Easily our mostunlikeable team of all time.

Snowflake or what :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:11 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:"O’Leary could scarcely have asked for an easer afternoon. One routine stop from Andy Cook’s header and handled crosses well."


I thought the lad in the blue coat behind their goal twenty rows back also handled our crosses well :roll: what the chuff do they practice in the week.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Bradders wrote:
Jimstag wrote:I think Dempster’s interview said it all, if the Radfords want promotion we need wholesale changes including the manager!

Something broke within this group in January 2019, the form shows it. Dempster’s solution seemed sensible, we had a great defensive record so keep that and bring in two decent strikers. What could go wrong? Well the answer is standards slipped from the existing group and discipline went out the window too.

The question becomes what do you do with the rest of the season? If all that is rotten we ain’t going to charge up the table under a new manager so do you go cheap for the rest of the season or do you bring someone in and say build for next year starting January?

Possibly, bring in a manager who strikes fear into the players. Mellis admitted that the team didn't bother much once Shrewsbury went to 10 men, and it's quite revealing for them to seemingly feel OK facing the manager after going through the motions like that. Dempster must be absolutely seething, but it appears that he lets the players get away with it. You'd think he'd give them the full-on hair dryer treatment for half an hour, and threaten loan spells at Ebbsfleet.


The team didn’t bother much FULL STOP
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 pm

just how much more of this garbage are the fans supposed to take?
come on Chairman it’s not even funny anymore,it’s embarrassing John. Make the change and make it now
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:just how much more of this garbage are the fans supposed to take?
come on Chairman it’s not even funny anymore,it’s embarrassing John. Make the change and make it now


It’s NEVER been funny, yorkshire stag.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clockworktarzan, hucknall stag, stagsfan6493, sw19stag and 25 guests