{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Who’s it gonna be ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Who’s it gonna be ?

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:So with hindsight you are still pleased we got rid of DF? I’m not. Wasn’t at the time, still not.

What's not to say we'd be in the same position in the table as we are now even if DF was still manager. Look at the form from January, he couldn't stop the slide in April & May, why do people think he would've stopped it now? We were always going to lose Tyler Walker, signing Maynard & Cook were two of the best signings made by any club at the time in our league, I'm not sure what more DF could do. Granted the football may have been a bit better (probably not much as it had started to go downhill anyway) but apart from that?

Thing is dan, even though we didn't get over the line with poor form with DF and the squad last season, those poor performances are streets ahead of what we are being dished up now.

I agree the football is worse but that doesn't mean we would have achieved anything under DF. A change was needed, we just picked the wrong change.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:So with hindsight you are still pleased we got rid of DF? I’m not. Wasn’t at the time, still not.

What's not to say we'd be in the same position in the table as we are now even if DF was still manager. Look at the form from January, he couldn't stop the slide in April & May, why do people think he would've stopped it now? We were always going to lose Tyler Walker, signing Maynard & Cook were two of the best signings made by any club at the time in our league, I'm not sure what more DF could do. Granted the football may have been a bit better (probably not much as it had started to go downhill anyway) but apart from that?

Thing is dan, even though we didn't get over the line with poor form with DF and the squad last season, those poor performances are streets ahead of what we are being dished up now.

I agree the football is worse but that doesn't mean we would have achieved anything under DF. A change was needed, we just picked the wrong change.

We looked like we could achieve though, that is the difference. There was a belief we could. we'll never know how this season would have panned out if he had another crack at it, but one thing i'm sure of, the players would be playing a heck of a lot better than the are now.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Dan wrote:

Dan, have a day off fella. This team would not be this poor if Flitcroft was in charge.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:03 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Dan, have a day off fella. This team would not be this poor if Flitcroft was in charge.

Why wouldn't it? It was for a good 4 months when he was in charge. Even Stevie Wonder could see that...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Why wouldn't it? It was for a good 4 months when he was in charge. Even Stevie Wonder could see that...

At our worst under Flitcroft, it was levels and levels above this current shambles. Even Stevie Wonder could see that. He's probably seen about as many games as you have in fairness.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:15 pm

NO ONE

The Board are sticking with JD until June 2020 due to financial restraints
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:17 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

At our worst under Flitcroft, it was levels and levels above this current shambles. Even Stevie Wonder could see that. He's probably seen about as many games as you have in fairness.

Apologies for working for a living :roll: :roll: I've been to 5 games this season & I watch the highlights of the rest. I also saw the comments on here after the Notts County match whereby a lot of people were wanting Flitcroft out at that point. But some people have short memories to suit their agendas...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Dan that is complete nonsense. The County game was a bad day and people were annoyed at the display but nobody wanted Flitcroft gone at that point whatsoever. After the County game we were 3rd in the league, 4 points off top, and had only lost 5 all season at that point
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Dan that is complete nonsense. The County game was a bad day and people were annoyed at the display but nobody wanted Flitcroft gone at that point whatsoever. After the County game we were 3rd in the league, 4 points off top, and had only lost 5 all season at that point

Really? There's a few posts that would prove you wrong again...

This topic was actually posted the week BEFORE the Notts County game. Granted he could've been fishing but he was right about the growing calls on social media for him to go: isn't it time...time get rid of Flitcroft? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35150

Without checking, has there been any ratings this low under Dempster? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35209

Another topic here titled "Embarrassing": viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35208

Another one here called "ZERO shots on target against 92nd in the Football League": viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35207

One here having a pop at the behaviour of our fans at the game: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35216

And saving the best until last, this little pearler from one of the above threads:

BH_Stag wrote:I took a couple of mates today who live in Nottingham after telling them how well we’ve played all season. Left completely embarrassed and them laughing at how bad it was. (Also came last year and we were awful)

Shameful performance from all involved, starting from Flitcrofts team selection, as Turner looked well off it.

He doesn’t deserve to be signed out as they were all abject, but Jones was awful and nowhere near as good as what White offers us.

So don't give me all this crap about how rosey it was under Flitcroft. This was February, I'm sure I could find a lot worse in March & April.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Here's a few other posts that were also questioning Flitcroft after the Notts game.

Jamie wrote:One or two games you can't blame him. But if it continues the blame will always end up at his door.
We were pathetic today. Gutless, lacking qualify or any plan to keep the ball and make chances. Flitcroft has to shoulder some blame for playing an unfit defender for not motivating his players.

stagmanrob wrote:There has to be an element of blame laid at Flitcroft's door as well let's be fair.

Constantly insisting on this 3-5-2 when the only way it was possible to implement today meant playing 2 and a half fit centre halves to fill in those 3 slots.

He should have gone with a back four today as he simply had no other option to.

Then, as mentioned in other threads, his substitutions and tactical changes today beggared belief. CJ was abysmal, and Benning was trying to do bits out wide...but he took him off to put our most ineffective player there in his 3rd positional change of the game. Macca was chucked on for Mellis who thought we were playing in black and white stripes, when he hasn't had enough game time to have any affect as an impact sub.

And if a whole squad of players looks like they can't be arsed, questions have to be asked as to why they all of a sudden aren't motivated after clearly putting in the graft all season.

tmwilson wrote:Spot on in my opinion . You saw it exactly the same way I did .
I've never seen so many outfield players under perform . When that happens I put it more down to the system and tactics than anything although a few individual's didn't do their job when they had the opportunity .
Flitcroft's naivety in playing with the same system when due to suspension's and players probably not fit enough cost us .
I know Atkinson isn't everyone's favourite but either him or Tomlinson should of been in midfield alongside Bishop and Mellis and Hamilton . 442 was the only option yesterday

Jimstag wrote:Good post pemill but I’d argue the performances have been a bit longer than the last 2 games, we’ve just managed to turn it around versus Colchester and Macclesfield recently.
I’m hoping it’s as simple as we need to find some consistency and form as we have the quality when we turn it on.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan that is complete nonsense. The County game was a bad day and people were annoyed at the display but nobody wanted Flitcroft gone at that point whatsoever. After the County game we were 3rd in the league, 4 points off top, and had only lost 5 all season at that point

This topic was actually posted the week BEFORE the Notts County game. Granted he could've been fishing but he was right about the growing calls on social media for him to go: isn't it time...time get rid of Flitcroft? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35150

Without checking, has there been any ratings this low under Dempster? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35209

Another one here called "ZERO shots on target against 92nd in the Football League": viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35207

One here having a pop at the behaviour of our fans at the game: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35216

And saving the best until last, this little pearler from one of the above threads:

BH_Stag wrote:I took a couple of mates today who live in Nottingham after telling them how well we’ve played all season. Left completely embarrassed and them laughing at how bad it was. (Also came last year and we were awful)

Shameful performance from all involved, starting from Flitcrofts team selection, as Turner looked well off it.

He doesn’t deserve to be signed out as they were all abject, but Jones was awful and nowhere near as good as what White offers us.

So don't give me all this crap about how rosey it was under Flitcroft. This was February, I'm sure I could find a lot worse in March & April.

Well that proves absolutely nothing against what I said. I clearly said the Notts County game was a bad day and there was a lot of people annoyed at the performance, including myself, it was an awful display... but you said people wanted him gone and that is not true.

Your ‘little pearler’ that you’ve found doesn’t say I want him out does it? I was thoroughly annoyed that day, but that was not the point. You found a load of quotes where people were annoyed at that game, but only one post (before that game, that was clearly a wind up) about wanting him gone, well done :lol:

You can’t find a serious post about wanting Flitcroft Out from that time because nobody in their right mind would want the manager out when we were 3rd.

Being disgruntled at a game, and wanting them gone are completely different, don’t mistake that.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Well that proves absolutely nothing against what I said. I clearly said the Notts County game was a bad day and there was a lot of people annoyed at the performance, including myself, it was an awful display... but you said people wanted him gone and that is not true.

Your ‘little pearler’ that you’ve found doesn’t say I want him out does it? I was thoroughly annoyed that day, but that was not the point. You found a load of quotes where people were annoyed at that game, but only one post (before that game, that was clearly a wind up) about wanting him gone, well done :lol:

Get a room, you two
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

There are none so blind as those who will not see. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Sedgwick wrote:We'll possibly be 20th in the table on Saturday evening.... Surely at this stage, after 20 games that has to be it?!

If we were a few points off the playoffs and putting in decent performances you'd say yeah give him time and let him build for the future but we're a million miles from even that.

Or we could be near the top ten ,not arguing with your assessment but just offering a chink of light
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Dan, you seem completely incapable of grasping the concept that people were annoyed at that display, but didn’t want the manager gone.

You haven’t found a single serious post where somebody wanted FLITCROFT OUT which is what you said. Everybody was disgruntled at that performance, but when we were 3rd in the league, 4 points off top, and had only lost 5 games, nobody wanted him gone because of one display. Don’t twist the argument in to being about ‘everything being rosey’, that’s not what it’s about.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:26 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Dan, you seem completely incapable of grasping the concept that people were annoyed at that display, but didn’t want the manager gone.

You haven’t found a single serious post where somebody wanted FLITCROFT OUT which is what you said. Everybody was disgruntled at that performance, but when we were 3rd in the league, 4 points off top, and had only lost 5 games, nobody wanted him gone because of one display. Don’t twist the argument in to being about ‘everything being rosey’, that’s not what it’s about.

The guy put a thread on about Flitcroft going because social media was awash with people who were saying he should have gone after that performance. It might not have been many but even one is one more than you said. A few weeks later it got a lot worse. But you keep putting your fingers in your ears and singing if it makes you feel better. :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, you seem completely incapable of grasping the concept that people were annoyed at that display, but didn’t want the manager gone.

The guy put a thread on about Flitcroft going because social media was awash with people who were saying he should have gone after that performance. It might not have been many but even one is one more than you said. A few weeks later it got a lot worse. But you keep putting your fingers in your ears and singing if it makes you feel better. :lol:

Oh right so now it was all on social media was it where they supposedly wanted him out at that point, not Stagsnet? Incredibly convenient.

That thread was also posted before the Notts County game and after the Newport game. In the lead up to the Newport game we went WWWDW and you’re trying to claim that was a serious post about people wanting him gone? Having lost just our 4th game of the season? Get real. We were still in 2nd after that Newport game and Look at the reaction to the post. You’re making it up Dan, nobody was genuinely calling for him to be sacked at that moment like you said
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:36 pm

What's that saying?

"Don't argue with a Dan because he will wear you down and beat you with experience"
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:What's that saying?

"Don't argue with a Dan because he will wear you down and beat you with experience"

Would work if he could actually back up his claim with something substantial instead of twisting what he said :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Dan wrote:Here's a few other posts that were also questioning Flitcroft after the Notts game.

Jamie wrote:One or two games you can't blame him. But if it continues the blame will always end up at his door.
We were pathetic today. Gutless, lacking qualify or any plan to keep the ball and make chances. Flitcroft has to shoulder some blame for playing an unfit defender for not motivating his players.

stagmanrob wrote:There has to be an element of blame laid at Flitcroft's door as well let's be fair.

Constantly insisting on this 3-5-2 when the only way it was possible to implement today meant playing 2 and a half fit centre halves to fill in those 3 slots.

He should have gone with a back four today as he simply had no other option to.

Then, as mentioned in other threads, his substitutions and tactical changes today beggared belief. CJ was abysmal, and Benning was trying to do bits out wide...but he took him off to put our most ineffective player there in his 3rd positional change of the game. Macca was chucked on for Mellis who thought we were playing in black and white stripes, when he hasn't had enough game time to have any affect as an impact sub.

And if a whole squad of players looks like they can't be arsed, questions have to be asked as to why they all of a sudden aren't motivated after clearly putting in the graft all season.

tmwilson wrote:Spot on in my opinion . You saw it exactly the same way I did .
I've never seen so many outfield players under perform . When that happens I put it more down to the system and tactics than anything although a few individual's didn't do their job when they had the opportunity .
Flitcroft's naivety in playing with the same system when due to suspension's and players probably not fit enough cost us .
I know Atkinson isn't everyone's favourite but either him or Tomlinson should of been in midfield alongside Bishop and Mellis and Hamilton . 442 was the only option yesterday

Jimstag wrote:Good post pemill but I’d argue the performances have been a bit longer than the last 2 games, we’ve just managed to turn it around versus Colchester and Macclesfield recently.
I’m hoping it’s as simple as we need to find some consistency and form as we have the quality when we turn it on.

Absolutely none of this suggests fans wanted Flitcroft sacked after the County game and the reaction to the thread clearly shows that. As BH said, you are clearly twisting your argument. There’s a huge difference between wanting a manager sacked and being very annoyed about a performance and the outcome of a single game of football.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Here she is another keyboard warrior hiding behind a fake name :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Let's all just face facts... Flitcroft was a ridiculously rushed appointment that ultimately ended in failure. And Dempster was a ridiculously rushed appointment that has also obviously failed. What we need now is to appoint a temporary caretaker boss and then interview candidates for the role and take time making the right appointment.
I despair of the Radfords throwing money at both managers and players and hoping for the best. It's time to only bring in players who genuinely want to be here, not just coming for the huge pay day.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Still not got a rational argument then Straw Man Dan?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:21 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Let's all just face facts... Flitcroft was a ridiculously rushed appointment that ultimately ended in failure. And Dempster was a ridiculously rushed appointment that has also obviously failed. What we need now is to appoint a temporary caretaker boss and then interview candidates for the role and take time making the right appointment.
I despair of the Radfords throwing money at both managers and players and hoping for the best. It's time to only bring in players who genuinely want to be here, not just coming for the huge pay day.

Very sensible approach, who would you recommend as an interim, Bentley, or as a long shot, LeRoy.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby WVStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Dan wrote:

Here she is another keyboard warrior hiding behind a fake name :lol: :lol:

Give me strength. Remarkable behaviour. :roll:
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum