{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Postby Number63 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Swindon lost 0-1 to Cheltenham last night and missed a penalty.

They can be beaten.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 pm

Number63 wrote:Swindon lost 0-1 to Cheltenham last night and missed a penalty.

They can be beaten.

D8d thry put first 11 out ??
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:33 pm

The One wrote:

They can be beaten.

With your teeth in, does that mean 'did they put their first 11 out?' :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm

The One wrote:

They can be beaten.

yes, apart from Eoin Doyle who was cup-tied. And Dion Donohue has left the club after his one-month contract wasn’t renewed.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
The One wrote:

They can be beaten.

yes, apart from Eoin Doyle who was cup-tied. And Dion Donohue has left the club after his one-month contract wasn’t renewed.

Maybe he's being sent down. Hopefully. But he probably won't be.

What has happened with that case?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
The One wrote:

They can be beaten.

Donohue is due to sign a new deal before the weekend with Swindon.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
The One wrote:

They can be beaten.

Donohue is due to sign a new deal before the weekend with Swindon.

ok, well if so, you're one step ahead of the Swindon Advertiser. This was their report from last night's game
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spo ... -goal-win/
"Dion Donohue, who has since left the club after his one-month contract wasn’t renewed, was replaced by Ellis Iandolo."
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:01 pm

have you taken your Donohue info from here?
http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57961.15

scrap that - found it here
Adver Sports Desk @AdverSport 9:52 PM · Nov 19, 2019
BREAKING: Richie Wellens confirms Dion Donohue will be signing for the club tomorrow morning.

Poor from Swindon Advertiser not updating their report with info available literally half an hour later.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:have you taken your Donohue info from here?
http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57961.15

scrap that - found it here
Adver Sports Desk @AdverSport 9:52 PM · Nov 19, 2019
BREAKING: Richie Wellens confirms Dion Donohue will be signing for the club tomorrow morning.

Poor from Swindon Advertiser not updating their report with info available literally half an hour later.

Agreed. Came from Wellens’ post match interview I believe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 am

I'm quite morose about Mansfield. Never been less engaged about our matches or a season, even the conference years offered more.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I'm quite morose about Mansfield. Never been less engaged about our matches or a season, even the conference years offered more.

you and me both. Failing to go up obviously dampened the mood by missing out on decent away games.

However, that'd have been soon forgotten had we been playing some good football and were up there.

The fact that we are neither imo hasnt given people the opportunity to forget about last season's failings.

I genuinely forget we have a game these days. In the 15 years I've followed Mansfield on a regular basis (i was too young to travel alone before this), I've never felt as uninterested as I do now.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I'm quite morose about Mansfield. Never been less engaged about our matches or a season, even the conference years offered more.

you and me both. Failing to go up obviously dampened the mood by missing out on decent away games.

However, that'd have been soon forgotten had we been playing some good football and were up there.

The fact that we are neither imo hasnt given people the opportunity to forget about last season's failings.

I genuinely forget we have a game these days. In the 15 years I've followed Mansfield on a regular basis (i was too young to travel alone before this), I've never felt as uninterested as I do now.

I think a lot feel like this and it’s a concern that needs to be rectified. A fair few of my mates no longer have any interest in forking out on away days (even though results have been better away), because there’s no sense of excitement at all. It feels like we’re playing for nothing, already just waiting for this dismal season to be over or for the manager to be removed because there is absolutely no belief that we can be successful under him. It’s a matter of time until home attendances start to take a hit also, particularly with Christmas coming up.

A new manager would probably struggle to make anything of this season now being that we’ll probably be 8/9 points behind even the playoffs once games in hand have played out, it’s pretty much a write off, but if we make the right appointment and we can see what he is trying to do the sense of optimism will come back to fans.
It’s the only solution, said it time and time again, managers do not succeed once over 80% of fans want them gone.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:18 pm

The Stags will go to Swindon with a defensive line up and sneak a 1-0 win to edge us up to 13th. John Dempster may then get into double figures on the Facebook poll which was 266 for out and 5 for stay.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Stags will go to Swindon with a defensive line up and sneak a 1-0 win to edge us up to 13th. John Dempster may then get into double figures on the Facebook poll which was 266 for out and 5 for stay.

Yep we will have turned the corner then........oh wait.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:45 pm

All this talk of “turning the corner” is driving me “around the bend”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:07 pm

We have done it all season, been terrible then played okay and got a result we then think we have turned a corner then serve up dross the next game.

Its so inconsistent and im at the point were if we somehow win on Saturday is it just papering over the cracks?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:11 pm

lifestags wrote:We have done it all season, been terrible then played okay and got a result we then think we have turned a corner then serve up dross the next game.

Its so inconsistent and im at the point were if we somehow win on Saturday is it just papering over the cracks?

Agree on that, it will be back to Snake Pass next game.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm

lifestags wrote:We have done it all season, been terrible then played okay and got a result we then think we have turned a corner then serve up dross the next game.

For sure - whenever we pick up a win we fail to back it up with any conviction. These odd wins are somehow keeping him in a job, but we’re treading water and making no progress.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 pm

BH_Stag wrote:It’s the only solution, said it time and time again, managers do not succeed once over 80% of fans want them gone.

I love it how you keep plucking these percentages out of the air. The other day it was 95% :lol: Now apparently it's 80% :lol:

Bearing in mind a lot of our fan base are on the 'older' side & don't use social media or stagsnet it's still nowhere near as much as that either. But you crack on with your fantasy figures :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:It’s the only solution, said it time and time again, managers do not succeed once over 80% of fans want them gone.

I love it how you keep plucking these percentages out of the air. The other day it was 95% :lol: Now apparently it's 80% :lol:

Bearing in mind a lot of our fan base are on the 'older' side & don't use social media or stagsnet it's still nowhere near as much as that either. But you crack on with your fantasy figures :lol:

Read the poll, last I lòoked 89 percent want him out.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Dan wrote:

Christ, talk about pedantic :lol: The point is that the percentage is high, very high, whether we know an exact figure or not, it’s really not difficult stuff to comprehend Dan. Also how would you know whether the older fan base want him in or out?

Funnily enough when I did give you accurate percentages R.e Dempster/Carlton Palmer it was glossed over :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:27 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

I’d be really interested to hear from someone who actually wants him still in the post.

Maybe they’re the same ones that believe Jeremy corbyn and Diane Abbott would make a good leadership team :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:05 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Christ, talk about pedantic :lol: The point is that the percentage is high, very high, whether we know an exact figure or not, it’s really not difficult stuff to comprehend Dan. Also how would you know whether the older fan base want him in or out?

Funnily enough when I did give you accurate percentages R.e Dempster/Carlton Palmer it was glossed over :lol:

You mean you started backtracking & saying “I was only joking” when I pointed out to you that JD has only had half the amount of games that Palmer had (41) so you couldn’t make an accurate percentage?!. Yes I remember the vehicle reversing.... :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

Whoosh! :roll: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Dan wrote:

Bit of an ageist point of view Dan implying us silver surfers don't use social media. You are probably correct with Facebook and Twatter (yes I know how I've spelt it) but I think you are miles off the mark with Stagsnet. The older ones amongst us are probably the ones shouting loudest for his dismissal as we want to see The Stags in the Championship before we go for the big shuffle.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum