{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster press conference Tue 19 Nov/Rose out for 3-4 weeks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 19 Nov/Rose out for 3-4 we

Postby robbingdog » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Thanks thats what I thought
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:28 am

Bit amatuer having to explain corner tactics, they dont work at times. Ill advised I think.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 am

I don't quite get the "limited ability". I get what you mean, and agree, but you're making out they have zero ability at this level, you do realise there's still 7 level below is, right? Formations and tactics have been around since day one, you will find it in pro, semi-pro and amateur levels.

Increasing in complexity as you rise through the leagues.

I'd be more worried if they didn't think about it tbh.

I am concerned that a manager has felt the need to reveal his tactical approach (not watched the video yet) doesn't bode well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:04 am

I'd suggest that the negative and concerned criticisms that many of us have felt...rightly or wrongly. .. have been fed back to him by the PR Media machine ....and he's addressing things head on in an attempt to pacify sections of the fan base
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am

I suppose t'is natural to try n protect what you already have if it's a close game in a positive stance. It just squeezes your bum cheeks so hard at times I swear I could crack a walnut. We've seen plenty of times where it's cost us at the death, but equally we've seen us hang on plenty of times too. Trouble is against teams like Chorley it gets very tiresome.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am

Spiritater wrote:I suppose t'is natural to try n protect what you already have if it's a close game in a positive stance. It just squeezes your bum cheeks so hard at times I swear I could crack a walnut. We've seen plenty of times where it's cost us at the death, but equally we've seen us hang plenty of times too. Trouble is against teams like Chorley it gets very tiresome.

You're absolutely right there 'tater.....if we were out of our depth...didnt have talented players....or were playing teams from a higher league then I could understand it but....Chorley, Morecambe, Stevenage, Macclesfield. .. and then bigging them up to disguise our failings.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I suppose t'is natural to try n protect what you already have if it's a close game in a positive stance. It just squeezes your bum cheeks so hard at times I swear I could crack a walnut. We've seen plenty of times where it's cost us at the death, but equally we've seen us hang plenty of times too. Trouble is against teams like Chorley it gets very tiresome.

You're absolutely right there 'tater.....if we were out of our depth...didnt have talented players....or were playing teams from a higher league then I could understand it but....Chorley, Morecambe, Stevenage, Macclesfield. .. and then bigging them up to disguise our failings.

Don’t forget to add Cambridge to that list!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

And Leyton Orient.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:07 pm

The One wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

And Leyton Orient.

And Crawley :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum