{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Realistically who would you bring in?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Realistically who would you bring in?

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Carlisle have had over 100 applicants for their vacancy. I don’t think we’d be short of options no matter what Dan tries to tell us.

I’m not trying to tell you anything Sam. I asked people for suggestions of people who would realistically come to us. As you can see from the thread there wasn’t many realistic suggestions.

As for the over 100 applications, you do realise that you could apply for the job don’t you?! :roll:

You have no idea what is realistic and what is not. For someone who likes to deal in facts, whether someone is realistic or not sounds dangerously like your opinion to me.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Dan, I worked in wilford at the time amongst forest and County fans and it was common knowledge about Nolan, I do believe there was an actual thread on Notts County mad about him regullaly being thrown out of bars legless, besides all that he was a long ball no plan b manager, leagues below what we should aspiring too, still, everybody has an opinion I guess
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Carlisle have had over 100 applicants for their vacancy. I don’t think we’d be short of options no matter what Dan tries to tell us.

I’m not trying to tell you anything Sam. I asked people for suggestions of people who would realistically come to us. As you can see from the thread there wasn’t many realistic suggestions.

As for the over 100 applications, you do realise that you could apply for the job don’t you?! :roll:

You have no idea what is realistic and what is not. For someone who likes to deal in facts, whether someone is realistic or not sounds dangerously like your opinion to me.

Come on then give us some realistic names that haven’t been mentioned.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

I've already given my realistic names.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:31 pm

hucknallstag wrote:Dan, I worked in wilford at the time amongst forest and County fans and it was common knowledge about Nolan, I do believe there was an actual thread on Notts County mad about him regullaly being thrown out of bars legless, besides all that he was a long ball no plan b manager, leagues below what we should aspiring too, still, everybody has an opinion I guess

Rumours you mean. Yet this supposed alcoholic who was meant to be out EVERY NIGHT getting pissed in bars somehow managed to dodge every single camera phone. Incredible eh?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Common knowledge more like,tho some would argue differently,funny old world
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:56 pm

hucknallstag wrote:Common knowledge more like,tho some would argue differently,funny old world

Feel free to provide the evidence. I’ll wait....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:49 pm

I don't need too, it's a message board not a court room Dan, just my opinion btw
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Has anyone seen photos of Mellis and Donohue out on tiles? Mellis was once a £1m transfer, much higher profile than Nolan.

Everyone has a camera, true. When I go out I'm more interested in having a good time rather than worrying whether Notts County's manager is in the same bar.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:12 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Has anyone seen photos of Mellis and Donohue out on tiles? Mellis was once a £1m transfer, much higher profile than Nolan.

Everyone has a camera, true. When I go out I'm more interested in having a good time rather than worrying whether Notts County's manager is in the same bar.

Jacob Mellis is not more high profile than Kevin Nolan :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Dan wrote:
hucknallstag wrote:Dan, I worked in wilford at the time amongst forest and County fans and it was common knowledge about Nolan, I do believe there was an actual thread on Notts County mad about him regullaly being thrown out of bars legless, besides all that he was a long ball no plan b manager, leagues below what we should aspiring too, still, everybody has an opinion I guess

Rumours you mean. Yet this supposed alcoholic who was meant to be out EVERY NIGHT getting pissed in bars somehow managed to dodge every single camera phone. Incredible eh?!

Saw him on footbaĺl focus recently dan ,he did not come across as a reliable bloke ,in fact i think he may have had a beer beforehand ,just an observation
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Dan wrote:Apologies I thought it was longer than that.

The above posts are excellent & well put & I agree with nearly everything in them. But what I would say is that JD hasn’t been as lucky with injuries like previous managers. Didn’t we have ten players injured at one point? Also the sending offs have also disrupted the squad, especially the best defence in the league last season. I’m not looking for excuses but you have to weigh it up from both sides & be fair with it.

Absolutely if it’s a full strength squad & he picks a defensive team against Morecambe/Stevenage etc then fair enough he deserves a hammering, but he’s been hammered for his teams when he’s had players out injured which any manager would struggle with & I don’t think that’s fair. Look how our season collapsed last year when Hayden White broke his leg at Colchester & Bobby got ruled out for the season. That was only two players. JD has had loads out injured for long periods of time.

Paul Cox had more out injured, a weaker squad, but it didn't stop the boo boys or the Radfords from sacking him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:06 pm

When you’ve got tisdale about and you’re not speaking to him I find that remarkable

It’s like having a possible chance to drive a Mercedes but passing it up to stick with your robin reliant
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Retro rob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Neil warnock? Discuss!
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Retro rob wrote:Neil warnock? Discuss!

He wouldn’t
We shouldn’t
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Lives in Cornwall . Hell of a commute even after Ben Bradley fixes the Sainsburys lights .

Tisdale or Jones for me .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:16 pm

victor A block wrote:

Lives in Cornwall . Hell of a commute even after Ben Bradley fixes the Sainsburys lights .

Tisdale or Jones for me .

It’s tisdale or jones for anyone.

Apart from the board who think as it’s festive season they’ll persevere with dempster the donkey
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Give JD a little longer, if that fails what about Brian Laws?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:41 pm

MOTG wrote:Give JD a little longer, if that fails what about Brian Laws?

With the greatest of respect on what grounds can you justify him being given any longer. ...although it looks like the Board is going to do exactly that against the views of the seemingly majority of fans !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bux46 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:
Tisdale has said he is having a rest from football for now so that's him ruled out.

I watched the Quest show this evening. I would take with a strong pinch of salt Tisdale saying he's having a rest from football. He did not say it in a convincing way in my opinion. Actually I thought there was a very strong hint in the last 60 seconds of the programme that he might be going to Orient.

Martin you and I must think alike because I got the same thought
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm not actually sure about Jones. Stoke fans reckon he only has one style of play and won't change it for anyone. He can pick an argument in an empty room and anyone that falls out with him doesn't get anywhere near the team.

Yes he has a good record at Luton but he hasn't taken that to Stoke so why should it be any different here?.

We've recently got rid of a one system only man who fell out with some players and I'm not sure I want to welcome another thanks.

Tisdale would be the better fit for me.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Have I mentioned Darrell Clarke?

:roll:
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:49 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Have I mentioned Darrell Clarke?

:roll:

Proper ripping up the league ain't he
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

Nigel Adkins, Phil Brown, Lee Clark, Darryl Clarke, Steve Cotterill, Shaun Derry, Wally Downes, Tim Flowers, Jimmy Hasselbaink, Paul Heckinbottom, Ian Holloway, Nathan Jones, Stuart McCall, Kevin Nolan, Steven Pressley, Neil Redfern, Russell Slade, Alan Stubbs, Paul Tilsdale, David Unsworth, Graham Westley,

It can be almost guaranteed that everyone of them would be interested in the job, or wanted for the job. You can also almost guarantee that is only scratching the surface of those that would apply.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

Nigel Adkins, Phil Brown, Lee Clark, Darryl Clarke, Steve Cotterill, Shaun Derry, Wally Downes, Tim Flowers, Jimmy Hasselbaink, Paul Heckinbottom, Ian Holloway, Nathan Jones, Stuart McCall, Kevin Nolan, Steven Pressley, Neil Redfern, Russell Slade, Alan Stubbs, Paul Tilsdale, David Unsworth, Graham Westley,

It can be almost guaranteed that everyone of them would be interested in the job, or wanted for the job. You can also almost guarantee that is only scratching the surface of those that would apply.

At last some names! Great post Yella, some interesting names on there.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum