{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:35 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It's a wind up using old footage.

How do we know it was filmed last night?

This is not a clever thing to do and shows total immaturity in my eyes. That said some of the Warriors on here probably deserve it but it's not fair on the rest.

To me this says that JD is staying until at least Christmas and probably to the end of the season. Even Carolyn has more taste than to publish this and then sack him anyway.

Not old footage. She has the same boots on in the ‘Evans’ video as she does from one she posted yesterday :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 am

The One wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Evans drinking in a pub with the Radford’s presumably somewhere near Mansfield, which is of course very far away from Gillingham on a Tuesday evening, is pretty damming. It can only mean one thing.

I think the Radford’s and Evans liked each other a lot. Remember how much Evans would constantly say in his interviews how good of a job John and Carolyn were doing? He constantly thanked them in the media at every opportunity.

He wont have travelled from Gillingham mate, he still live Pboro, that place a 1000 miles down the A1

Stamford.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 am

Let me get this straight. Out of all the managers out there, the only one interested in being our manager is a guy who jumped ship to chase the money in China?

Are we serious right now?

I'm sure you all know my view on the guy by now. Come on. Seriously? Don't get me wrong, he'll sign another 6 defenders, a couple more right wingers and 15 central midfielders in January. To then swap back to the original players because the ones he signed weren't good enough.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:42 am

oldweststander wrote:
The One wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Evans drinking in a pub with the Radford’s presumably somewhere near Mansfield, which is of course very far away from Gillingham on a Tuesday evening, is pretty damming. It can only mean one thing.

I think the Radford’s and Evans liked each other a lot. Remember how much Evans would constantly say in his interviews how good of a job John and Carolyn were doing? He constantly thanked them in the media at every opportunity.

He wont have travelled from Gillingham mate, he still live Pboro, that place a 1000 miles down the A1

Stamford.

I will raise you Stamford and go Elton other side A1 from P boro :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:43 am

BH_Stag wrote:

This is not a clever thing to do and shows total immaturity in my eyes. That said some of the Warriors on here probably deserve it but it's not fair on the rest.

To me this says that JD is staying until at least Christmas and probably to the end of the season. Even Carolyn has more taste than to publish this and then sack him anyway.

Not old footage. She has the same boots on in the ‘Evans’ video as she does from one she posted yesterday :lol:

And she only ever wears her boots once :D I haven't seen the footage at anything like watchable speed. Are her other clothes the same or even this years fashion? If not she must have changed somewhere between the two venues. I know she is very conscious about her appearance but just how big is her suitcase?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vinnie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

And she only ever wears her boots once :D I haven't seen the footage at anything like watchable speed. Are her other clothes the same or even this years fashion? If not she must have changed somewhere between the two venues. I know she is very conscious about her appearance but just how big is her suitcase?

Looks like election coverage on the tv right at the very end of the clip, possible sky news.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 am

BH_Stag wrote:

Can’t tell, but would be a remarkable coincidence!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:53 am

Vinnie wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Looks like election coverage on the tv right at the very end of the clip, possible sky news.

Which election though. Could it be the 2017 election or even the EU Referendum?

As I say I haven't watched at a reasonable speed but from what I have seen its very quick and unclear. Unless JD is going to be the new Grimsby manager, why would he be there last night unless still employed by the Stags?

We all applaud fishing expeditions on here and I think Carolyn has just got the biggest catch in the history of Stagsnet.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am

Check Sky News on your TV guide. Programme from 9-10pm is called The Campaign. That is what is on the tele at the end of the clip, ‘The Campaign’ flashes across the screen. Carolyn also has the same boots and handbag as she has in the earlier Instagram videos from that day.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:00 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:I'm going to be objective about this.

1. Was Evanss doing a decent job? Yes
2. Can I blame him for taking a job at a bigger club with good backing and in a higher division, which also happened to be on his door step? No
3. Was the constant abuse he got from some fans acceptable? No
4. Do I think the tricks he played to leave were outrageous and disgusting? Yes
5. Would he give us a good chance of promotion in the next 2 seasons? Probably Yes
6. Would he be better than JD? Yes
7. Is Flitcroft available instead? Probably no

All things considered I think I could suck it in and take Evans back. Would prefer Jones or Tisdale though.

Agree with this, do i like what Evans did to us? No. Would i take most managers over JD? yes.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 am

At the end of the day we will find out through the club. I'm not convinced but could be wrong and if it's correct then I am not impressed with the club and direction it may have chosen.

In respect of Sky News, they call their broadcasts The Campaign in every election. Ladies accessorise their handbags and shoes and normally use the same ones together. It's a fashion thing.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:07 am

I think it's utterly wrong of CR to post it... anything going off behind the scenes should be kept completely private or completely out in the open.

Its a good job Dempster said hes not on social media, if I was him and saw that id be fuming. Its just sneaky and playing games with the fans.
Its like something you'd see on sky sports dream team for added drama.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am

Looks like she's deleted it now
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:19 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Is it definitely Evans?!

100% it’s him.

Click the twitter link above and you’ll clearly see

I've looked at it quite a few times and there's someone there for 0.01 seconds as the camera waves about who isn't clearly Evans but possibly has a resemblance if blurred.
I'd have thought that, having been let down badly and lied to unashamedly, and bearing in mind fan hostility and Evans' recent lacklustre performance, it's very unlikely that the Radfords will be negotiating for him to take over the reins.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 am

Evans bit slowed down slightly.... Judge for yourselves.......
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:30 am

All together now..

You are a cant
You are a cant

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:33 am

Bradders wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Is it definitely Evans?!

100% it’s him.

Click the twitter link above and you’ll clearly see

I've looked at it quite a few times and there's someone there for 0.01 seconds as the camera waves about who isn't clearly Evans but possibly has a resemblance if blurred.
I'd have thought that, having been let down badly and lied to unashamedly, and bearing in mind fan hostility and Evans' recent lacklustre performance, it's very unlikely that the Radfords will be negotiating for him to take over the reins.

It clearly is Evans, got to spec-savers now if you're not sure... no one else has that hair line, fat face and glasses like that.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:56 am

Vinnie wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Which election though. Could it be the 2017 election or even the EU Referendum?

As I say I haven't watched at a reasonable speed but from what I have seen its very quick and unclear. Unless JD is going to be the new Grimsby manager, why would he be there last night unless still employed by the Stags?

We all applaud fishing expeditions on here and I think Carolyn has just got the biggest catch in the history of Stagsnet.

They were playing Cheltenham. We play Cheltenham on 7th
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:11 pm

You’re in denial if you can’t see that it is Evans they were with, and that is was from last night due to the programme showed at the end on the video. Carolyn’s outfit suggests it was from last night too.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:13 pm

lifestags wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:I'm going to be objective about this.

1. Was Evanss doing a decent job? Yes
2. Can I blame him for taking a job at a bigger club with good backing and in a higher division, which also happened to be on his door step? No
3. Was the constant abuse he got from some fans acceptable? No
4. Do I think the tricks he played to leave were outrageous and disgusting? Yes
5. Would he give us a good chance of promotion in the next 2 seasons? Probably Yes
6. Would he be better than JD? Yes
7. Is Flitcroft available instead? Probably no

All things considered I think I could suck it in and take Evans back. Would prefer Jones or Tisdale though.

Agree with this, do i like what Evans did to us? No. Would i take most managers over JD? yes.

I cant even describe how disgusted I would be if that individual were to return.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 pm

stag324 wrote:do you really think Evans is going to come back? Not a chance.

Like someone else said, this is CR winding the fans up.

Maybe if our CEO started acting a little more responsibly, instead of using social media for her cryptic clues and actually released a press statement saying she either backs JD (please no) or sacks him ( please yes).

After doing a great job building her credibility up, she is fast losing it. Which is pretty much the same as the club has done.

You're not wrong there...she must be incredibly thick-skinned if she can't work out what most fans are thinking at the moment. Thought JR would've told her to reign it in by now.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm

One thought I had this morning was whether she was deliberately creating a smokescreen or false news to divert pressure or attention from John Dempster as simply day after day the intensity for his removal is growing whatever he does?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Deffo the fat one !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:50 pm

One thing is happening for sure, it's got this forum talking about something else, deflecting the focus off of JD - it maybe very deliberate.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Who’s the guy to the left ?? Looks like Barry fry suggesting old footage before he joined posh perhaps ?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum