{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster press conference Tue 5 Nov

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster press conference Tue 5 Nov

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:02 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 5 Nov

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:20 am

I'll be behind you and the team John, but at home to Conf strugglers I expect nothing other than a win. You should walk at 5pm if you don't. There cannot be excuses
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 am

Spiritater wrote:I'll be behind you and the team John, but at home to Conf strugglers I expect nothing other than a win. You should walk at 5pm if you don't. There cannot be excuses

Just a win won't cut it 'tater.

I'd like to see us experiment with attacking at something above walking pace, passing to our own players and keeping a clean sheet.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I'll be behind you and the team John, but at home to Conf strugglers I expect nothing other than a win. You should walk at 5pm if you don't. There cannot be excuses

Just a win won't cut it 'tater.

I'd like to see us experiment with attacking at something above walking pace, passing to our own players and keeping a clean sheet.

I'm with Sneag on this one... we should keep a clean sheet, and stick at least 3 past them (each half, preferably :lol:)
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 pm

So win over the mighty Chorley keeps his job? No disrespect but we should hammer them.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Looks like White is not going to be very fit much this season and that's a big loss, we play much better with him in the team.
The slight mention of Davies keeps the spectre of a possible return hanging out....never in my view!!

will be glad to get Rose back though.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:56 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Looks like White is not going to be very fit much this season and that's a big loss, we play much better with him in the team.
The slight mention of Davies keeps the spectre of a possible return hanging out....never in my view!!

will be glad to get Rose back though.

White is almost back to full fitness....
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Shouldn't be a problem with this 'better football' we're playing. Thought I saw JD in the dugout against Colchester. Must have been cardboard cutout.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:11 pm

for me win or no win Saturday, this experiment has run its course, a really viable couple of managers have come on the market, it’s all about timing!
now is the time to strike, we tried no shame in that, However it just didn’t work did it?, Let’s just all pull together change the manager get an experienced head in with a proven league two CV and move our club forward
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:12 pm

wink68 wrote:Shouldn't be a problem with this 'better football' we're playing. Thought I saw JD in the dugout against Colchester. Must have been cardboard cutout.

How very witty
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
wink68 wrote:Shouldn't be a problem with this 'better football' we're playing. Thought I saw JD in the dugout against Colchester. Must have been cardboard cutout.

How very witty

Sorry, but how can he say better football after we were given a lesson in better football by Colchester. We were miles and miles behind them. Sat back and don't put any pressure on the ball and get picked off at will. Get it to Ottis, oh look the opposition have watched us and stop that, so knock it across the back 4 for 20 passes then launch it to an isolated front 2.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum