{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Paul Tisdale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Paul Tisdale

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:50 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Anyone else feel the Radford's interest is beginning to wonder?

I think Carolyn’s might be, and that rings alarm bells to me.

I’m sure she has already said that losing promotion last year made them question a few things about owning a football club.

What a load of crap. You know when you own a football club there’s no money in it and your not guaranteed success. Why would that suddenly make you question it?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:18 pm

The One wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Yes agree would be good for this club a complete change of the old guard but agree he probably lives too far SouthWest

He lives near MK

If the money’s right and he has the budget he’d be interested
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Yes agree would be good for this club a complete change of the old guard but agree he probably lives too far SouthWest

He lives near MK

Proved hes a good manager at Exeter, once had them very close to the championship around 2010/11 finishing two points off the league one playoffs.

Not spent loads of money and a guy that suits a long term project. Also many youth prospects have come through Exeter and gone for big money.

GET HIM IN.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:

He lives near MK

Proved hes a good manager at Exeter, once had them very close to the championship around 2010/11 finishing two points off the league one playoffs.

Not spent loads of money and a guy that suits a long term project. Also many youth prospects have come through Exeter and gone for big money.

GET HIM IN.

Totally agree
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:54 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:

He lives near MK

GET HIM IN.

Totally agree

I think Steve Perryman ran there youth set up
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:18 pm

He’d be an amazing manager at our level.

Thank John for his efforts - he’s tried but hopelessly out of his depth - relegate him back to the youth tram or assistant manager and go from there
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:32 pm

adamstag wrote:He’d be an amazing manager at our level.

Thank John for his efforts - he’s tried but hopelessly out of his depth - relegate him back to the youth tram or assistant manager and go from there

He had his own backroom staff at MK. Who have left also.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Paul Tisdale has achieved two League 2 promotions but he is a very downbeat in his interviews like Paul Hurst. I don't think he would go down well with some Stags fans. Remember the Exeter fans voted to terminate his 2/3 year rolling contract. I think you would need to give him a couple of seasons to build his own team.

I'd prefer the mad Welshman, Nathan Jones, but I can't see him coming to the Stags. Mind you, I would have said the same about Steve Evans and David Flitcroft. It was thanks to JR and Carolyn that we were able to attract these type of managers who have a record of success in League 2. The club has come a long way and we need to remember that. Hasloan would just have fired JD and then waited for Lee Glover to win a game before giving him the job. It could be worse. Carlisle United have David Holdsworth pretending to be a Director of Football.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am

The Henrik Larsson- Jap Stam combination was touted to be going Southend before Sol got the job , and have heard on various media sources that Nigel Pearson is now looking to get back into management, maybe out of our league?
Until JR has to advertise for a new manager, who knows who may apply
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Nice thoughts as always and Nigel Pearson would be out of this world but in reality could never see him coming here in a month of Sundays...we dream on under JD!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:01 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Nice thoughts as always and Nigel Pearson would be out of this world but in reality could never see him coming here in a month of Sundays...we dream on under JD!!

More of a nightmare rather than dream under JD Tilly
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Nigel Pearson, maybe out of our league but he did once say something along the line of he'd be happy coaching Sunday league football as long as he was coaching... bit odd though as hes been out of work a while..

Would probably kick off at something though.... he fell out with Mel Morris about drones being used to film training.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Nigel Pearson, maybe out of our league but he did once say something along the line of he'd be happy coaching Sunday league football as long as he was coaching... bit odd though as hes been out of work a while..

Would probably kick off at something though.... he fell out with Mel Morris about drones being used to film training.

Pearson is also a nutcase from what I've heard at Leicester and Derby
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:45 pm

PT would be a strong appointment. Can't see JD going anytime soon though, unfortunately.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Jamie wrote:PT would be a strong appointment. Can't see JD going anytime soon though, unfortunately.

If we lose against Chorley I can see him getting the boot.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Jamie wrote:PT would be a strong appointment. Can't see JD going anytime soon though, unfortunately.

If we lose against Chorley I can see him getting the boot.

I reckon i'd stay away from stagsnet sat night if we do.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:28 am

We won’t lose against Chorley, they’re not above us.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:We won’t lose against Chorley, they’re not above us.

We shouldn't do, but as we all know anything can happen in the FA cup.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum