{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scared to lose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Scared to lose

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Steve also said on Facebook":

"Interestingly Colchester are a club that promoted the manager through the club academy and look where they are now .United away in the quarters. They also sold £2m pound worth of talent last year to keep the club buoyant . Their directors said their fans don’t like it either but needs must . Food for thought ..."

Yep look where they are now, in exactly the same league as when he was appointed.

The club can’t get the message straight. Either we’re going for promotion with a top 3 budget or were cutting our cloth and trying to become a club who relies on selling youth players. Which is it?

Your right about the club lacking a clear coherent message from the directors as it depends who you speak to. Radfords want promotion, Hymas wants his 5 year plan to succeed therefore in his eyes everything is rosey with the world.

I renewed my season tickets for the season so will continue to support the team for the remainder however if things remain as they are come the end of the season questions will be asked and I doubt I'll be spending another grand on season tickets if it's going to be another season of JD learning his trade. It would be tolerable if it was entertaining to watch but our home form is nothing short of painful at the moment (Oldham aside) and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:14 pm

daddycool wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Steve Hymas needs to be removed asap. Buying your way into making big decisions for the club is ridiculous.

You do come out with some tosh

Well Hymas and the amigos should always go down in Mansfield folklore from saving us from oblivion after the disaster of “him”

However, it appears that the appointment of dempster was mainly down to Hymas and whether you agreed with flitcroft being sacked or not - it was a ridiculous decision and has backfired majorly.

With tisdale and jones about and our thoroughly sham of a season to date I expect him to be sacked this week.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:36 pm

adamstag wrote:
daddycool wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Steve Hymas needs to be removed asap. Buying your way into making big decisions for the club is ridiculous.

Well Hymas and the amigos should always go down in Mansfield folklore from saving us from oblivion after the disaster of “him”

However, it appears that the appointment of dempster was mainly down to Hymas and whether you agreed with flitcroft being sacked or not - it was a ridiculous decision and has backfired majorly.

With tisdale and jones about and our thoroughly sham of a season to date I expect him to be sacked this week.

Didn’t Steve Hymas thump Voldemort?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:14 pm

I am a supporter and a season ticket holder have been for years.The club is in the best financial position for years thanks to JR long may it continue.Colchester were the best side so far this season.Their movement and quickness of thought made us look pedestrian.Agree leaving nobody up the field when thy have a corner is ridiculous.Bishop has had his day.Mellis and CJ to start then we will look better.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:27 pm

geoffhill wrote:I am a supporter and a season ticket holder have been for years.The club is in the best financial position for years thanks to JR long may it continue.Colchester were the best side so far this season.Their movement and quickness of thought made us look pedestrian.Agree leaving nobody up the field when thy have a corner is ridiculous.Bishop has had his day.Mellis and CJ to start then we will look better.

The problem most have is that we were Colchester at this point last season. The team just starting to gel and turn the early season draws into wins.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:27 pm

JR runs a multi million pound business One Call insurance, while he is away from his empire, who does he leave in charge?
I doubt very much it is someone with NO previous experience
The same can be said of SH , while away from his building construction business, who does he employ as Site manager?
Someone with a bit of DIY experience at home?
So why give the managers job to JD ? What was on his CV to make these successful business men employ him?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:34 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:JR runs a multi million pound business One Call insurance, while he is away from his empire, who does he leave in charge?
The same can be said of SH , while away from his building construction business, who does he employ as Site manager?
So why give the managers job to JD ? What was on his CV to make these successful business men employ him?

3 league titles?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:54 pm

I'm sure JR has successfully promoted staff within One Call.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:47 am

gazza1988 wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:JR runs a multi million pound business One Call insurance, while he is away from his empire, who does he leave in charge?

3 league titles?

Completely different kettle of fish.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 am

To be fair I don’t think we are scared to lose, we seem to be rather adept at losing this season.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:38 am

adamstag wrote:
daddycool wrote:

:good_post:
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:42 am

gazza1988 wrote:

3 league titles?

I think that's a fair point.

Perhaps on his record with the youth team JD deserved a chance with the first team. Sometimes it works but more often than not it doesn't.

I think we have now got to the stage where JR and the board need to have a serious look as to whether JD is performing to their expectations. For me the boards expectatations of promotion with JD in his first season was much too high.

I also think a statement from the club regarding the manager's position and whether or not they still expect us to be challenging for promotion this season is needed.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 am

The abuse the board is getting in particular steve is not cool. If these people leave, who love the club and put in their own cash, then JR will need to find new board members who are willing to put cash in to fill the void. I cannot imagine there being too many people out there willing to do what they do.

Steve and the board may have all agreed that JD was the man for the job. I can see why they did it. Obviously its not working as it stands and they have some key decisions to make or break us. JD may even succeed which if kept, is another key decision, who knows?

But please cut them some slack in terms of abuse. Many feel dempster isnt good enough now and want him out, that if fair but dont take it to the next level and alienate the people who are funding the club and its infrastructure.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:59 am

Chander Lear wrote:The abuse the board is getting in particular steve is not cool. If these people leave, who love the club and put in their own cash, then JR will need to find new board members who are willing to put cash in to fill the void. I cannot imagine there being too many people out there willing to do what they do.

Steve and the board may have all agreed that JD was the man for the job. I can see why they did it. Obviously its not working as it stands and they have some key decisions to make or break us. JD may even succeed which if kept, is another key decision, who knows?

But please cut them some slack in terms of abuse. Many feel dempster isnt good enough now and want him out, that if fair but dont take it to the next level and alienate the people who are funding the club and its infrastructure.

When those people patronise and condescend to us trying to whitewash what many of us said was an awful decision and has turned out that way then we have the right of reply
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:59 am

Amber Andy wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

3 league titles?

I think that's a fair point.

Perhaps on his record with the youth team JD deserved a chance with the first team. Sometimes it works but more often than not it doesn't.

I think we have now got to the stage where JR and the board need to have a serious look as to whether JD is performing to their expectations. For me the boards expectatations of promotion with JD in his first season was much too high.

I also think a statement from the club regarding the manager's position and whether or not they still expect us to be challenging for promotion this season is needed.

What d'ya mean, the dreaded vote of confidence?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:The abuse the board is getting in particular steve is not cool. If these people leave, who love the club and put in their own cash, then JR will need to find new board members who are willing to put cash in to fill the void. I cannot imagine there being too many people out there willing to do what they do.

When those people patronise and condescend to us trying to whitewash what many of us said was an awful decision and has turned out that way then we have the right of reply

Well of course you do, but some on here want Steve out and to me that's utterly wrong. Without him the first team probably would be looking for some shyt strewn park to train on
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:46 am

Problem was on Saturday, Everytime Gordon went forward down the right wing we were expecting Macca to fill in at right back and we know what happen then ( A la MK Dons )
No pace and can’t get back in time
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:53 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Maybe its shaping up to be a bad decision, had it have turned out to be a masterplan then we wouldn't be complaining. In all walks of life potentially bad decisions are made - the point i'm making, how is trying to hound someone outgoing to solve anything?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Maybe its shaping up to be a bad decision, had it have turned out to be a masterplan then we wouldn't be complaining. In all walks of life potentially bad decisions are made - the point i'm making, how is trying to hound someone outgoing to solve anything?

Most aren't trying to hound Mr Hymas out they are simply replying to his point of view and seemingly vested interest involvement in what has been a defining decision. We simply want the club to acknowledge that this awful appointment hasn't worked, swallow their pride and get in an experienced manager we can get behind and support wholeheartedly...not simply decry the overwhelming evidence that his has been a failure and is splitting the club.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Following the Colchester model worries me aspiration wise.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Most aren't trying to hound Mr Hymas out they are simply replying to his point of view and seemingly vested interest involvement in what has been a defining decision. We simply want the club to acknowledge that this awful appointment hasn't worked, swallow their pride and get in an experienced manager we can get behind and support wholeheartedly...not simply decry the overwhelming evidence that his has been a failure and is splitting the club.

I've seen about 8 different posts on here saying Hymas out. They (the board / JR) cannot come out and say it is a wrong appointment unless he is being replaced. If he isn't being replaced then they cannot say its an incorrect appointment. Although a recent post from Hymas suggesting you cannot change manager every 6 months is sort of suggesting the appointment isnt working without directly saying it. he'll know people are far from happy about the current situation and believe me, he'll also be feeling 'upset' that we are not up there.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Last season we had 17 clean sheets in the league with 10 of them coming in the first half. In fact up to Hayden White's injury there were 12. We had a regular back 5 of White Preston Pearce Sweeney and Bennimg. This season with injuries and suspensions we have rarely fielded the same back 4 for more than 2 games running. Perhaps this is one reason we seem so fragile at the back
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:18 pm

:lol: It’ll all be hunky dory when Davies is fit!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Why would anyone want to see the back of Steve or anyone on the board for that matter ? That would be crazy.

I do think a statement from the club regarding the club's current league position would be helpful though. Especially as they indicated, when JD was appointed, that promotion this season was the aim.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Why would anyone want to see the back of Steve or anyone on the board for that matter ? That would be crazy.

Why would that be crazy?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum