{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Just Got Back

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Just Got Back

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:01 pm

First game of the season.

Here’s my thoughts.

1. Why is Hamilton playing ?
2. Tomlinson is chronically unfit.
3. Cook has to start in future.
4. Liked the look of Gordon. Khan played well too.

We didn’t even start for an hour. When we did, we threatened. First half there was a big hole in the middle of the midfield. We were slightly fortunate to get a point.

PS. The vegan pasty was minging and so was the almond milk.

Nice to bump into another couple of Stags on bikes. If you’re reading I hope you got home ok.
And good to see Vicar Jeremiah looking so well. I’m disgusted to find out that he used to be a Yeoman.
:lol:
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: Just Got Back

Postby Random Hero » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Decent assessment that mate. Summed up what I watched on the old part time telly box.

Not sure if Cook has 90 mins in him but if he does, he has to start with Maynard. Completely changed the game.

CJ Hamilton is an absolute fraud. No one knows his real position (probably because he belongs on an athletics track, not a football pitch) and he is the most ineffective now as he’s ever been in his Stags career. Playing with him is playing with 10 men.

Tomlinson started so well for us (mini-Bish people dubbed him, including me!) but for one reason or another he hasn’t lived up to the hype. Is he unfit? Or is he pony?

Khan and Gordon are both class. How Khan didn’t get more minutes last season is beyond me.

Special mention to Conrad Logan too - he made four decent first half saves and kept us in it.

All in all - very decent point after a diabolical first half.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:28 pm

If he only could grasp the concept of playing Cook & Maynard together we could still have a half decent season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Random Hero wrote:Decent assessment that mate. Summed up what I watched on the old part time telly box.

Not sure if Cook has 90 mins in him but if he does, he has to start with Maynard. Completely changed the game.

CJ Hamilton is an absolute fraud. No one knows his real position (probably because he belongs on an athletics track, not a football pitch) and he is the most ineffective now as he’s ever been in his Stags career. Playing with him is playing with 10 men.

Tomlinson started so well for us (mini-Bish people dubbed him, including me!) but for one reason or another he hasn’t lived up to the hype. Is he unfit? Or is he pony?

Khan and Gordon are both class. How Khan didn’t get more minutes last season is beyond me.

Special mention to Conrad Logan too - he made four decent first half saves and kept us in it.

Cheers.

I got absolute pelters on here last season when I questioned the quality of Hamilton.

Thought they were cynical. Spent half the game kicking us and the rest of it diving.
I think Bishop’s legs have gone too.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Do any of you think Cook could play 90 or even 60 mins on Tuesday.
Wasn't there and wonder how he looked after 45mins.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:59 pm

chip63 wrote:Do any of you think Cook could play 90 or even 60 mins on Tuesday.

He played 90 against Crewe in the EFL cup a few weeks ago.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Decent assessment that mate. Summed up what I watched on the old part time telly box.

Cheers.

I got absolute pelters on here last season when I questioned the quality of Hamilton.

Thought they were cynical. Spent half the game kicking us and the rest of it diving.
I think Bishop’s legs have gone too.

According to FGR fans forum, once again we were the cloggers and the ref cost them :lol:
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Just got back with a beer in hand.

First of all, Forest Green look a very strong side, they passed the ball well and looked very dangerous going forward. As well they was solid at the back.

Regarding the stags, it was a poor performance from everybody, we never really got going and was on the back foot all first half, with their goal no suprise.

Cooky came on at HT and never won a header, but bagged two goals :D. I'm surprised the Police wasn't called as we've absolutely robbed a point, but credit is due for the teams desire and fight to come back when two goals down.

Roll on Tuesday
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:50 pm

chip63 wrote:Do any of you think Cook could play 90 or even 60 mins on Tuesday.

He’s definitely not match fit yet.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Cook looked a threat when he came His height and weight certainly made a difference.why is Hamilton playing who knows ? It’s like playing with 10 men.. man of the match for me Conner shaughnessy. But a good point at a difficult place,
And a great turn out with 309 stags.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Slackythestag wrote:Just got back with a beer in hand.

First of all, Forest Green look a very strong side, they passed the ball well and looked very dangerous going forward. As well they was solid at the back.

Regarding the stags, it was a poor performance from everybody, we never really got going and was on the back foot all first half, with their goal no suprise.

Cooky came on at HT and never won a header, but bagged two goals :D. I'm surprised the Police wasn't called as we've absolutely robbed a point, but credit is due for the teams desire and fight to come back when two goals down.

Roll on Tuesday

Except for that goal ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:21 pm

Never won an header ? One of them was the header for his first goal...!!
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Slackythestag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 pm

raspberry me, I see the stagsnet police are out in force...

His goal his hardly winning a header is it when its crossed right onto his head??

When the ball was pumped long towards him from the back, their number 6 won it everytime.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Surprised to hear folk saying FGR are a very good side....and yet couldn’t beat us in their own backyard when we’re playing so poorly. That tells me that FGR aren’t as good as some make out or we, if we play well, are!!!
As for CJ, a good manager would at least know how to get something out of him. It appears JD can’t get anything from him. This is a great point when below par!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:15 pm

I think people are mistaking their fashionable style for good quality. I'm a big believer in using data as good indication s to how effective a team are and as well discussed on this forum already, the data says that them knock it about a lot but with no real end product. Their two goals today came from outside the box so maybe some verification there.

As for Cooky. He is the player we missed last season and FGR are missing this season. Someone who will win the ball in the box and convert crosses and scrambles into goals.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:25 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I think people are mistaking their fashionable style for good quality. I'm a big believer in using data as good indication s to how effective a team are and as well discussed on this forum already, the data says that them knock it about a lot but with no real end product. Their two goals today came from outside the box so maybe some verification there.

As for Cooky. He is the player we missed last season and FGR are missing this season. Someone who will win the ball in the box and convert crosses and scrambles into goals.

So basically, they don't like it up 'em.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:33 pm

:D That's one way of putting it
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:10 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Surprised to hear folk saying FGR are a very good side....and yet couldn’t beat us in their own backyard when we’re playing so poorly. That tells me that FGR aren’t as good as some make out or we, if we play well, are!!!
As for CJ, a good manager would at least know how to get something out of him. It appears JD can’t get anything from him. This is a great point when below par!!!

i think even klopp would struggle to get anything out of him.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm

Evans and flitcroft got a lot out of him
He’s a very good player who is mostly played out of position because of our constant injuries.
The lad can score goals can cross a ball can split defences.
The time he became our striker he did not let us down

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:04 am

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Surprised to hear folk saying FGR are a very good side....and yet couldn’t beat us in their own backyard when we’re playing so poorly. That tells me that FGR aren’t as good as some make out or we, if we play well, are!!!

i think even klopp would struggle to get anything out of him.

Strange that he played so well last season under DF.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:11 am

Folks were attaching a 1 million price tag to him less than 12 months ago! How fickle
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:15 am

we look better when he's not playing. shuda sold him in the summer. ok he can run fast but that's about it
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:38 am

We should have sold him, just like we should have sold Rose and Green before him when silly price tags were being banded about.

If CJ plays as a left winger in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 then he will find form again. The problem he has is that he is competing with our best attacking player for the same position.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:57 am

CJ is the most 'left winger' left winger you will ever find, and yet manager after manager doesn't play him there, even when we go 442.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 am

The problem is Khan throws his dummy out of pram if Khan doesn’t play in that ‘left attacking position’
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum