{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Advice for visiting fan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Advice for visiting fan

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:20 pm

CPFC fan wrote:Evening all.
Quick report from the Palace family on tour. Despite the result (we all thought you were robbed!) we had a great evening with Mansfield Town.
Got the family deal in advance and were well impressed with your whole set up. The family stand is great and we had seats right at the back so a really good view. Your family room is a really cool idea, our lot were a bit old for it but so good that there’s somewhere for your young fans to hang out, esp the sensory stuff.
Met Danielle who really helped us out, so many thanks to her.
Our youngest made a beeline for the club shop and insisted on a scarf that he wore for the match.
Sorry we didn’t bring you any luck but we were so pleased to have seen a stags goal and were trying to suck the ball in towards the end of the game!
I thought there was some really decent football on display but as a neutral I reckon you’re crying out for a clinical goal scorer as you had loads of chances but seemed impossible to get the ball in.
Salford scored a couple of annoying, jammy goals and you really deserved at least a draw.
I’m going to insist Palace start selling mushy peas and mint sauce by the way!
All in all we had a really good night out at your place and was well impressed with the great atmosphere. I was amazed when they announced the crowd and it was only 4000, sounded like a lot more.
Anyway, thanks for your friendly advice and good luck for the rest of the season. I’ll def be keeping at eye on your results. Will/CPFC fan

Great to hear you and your family enjoyed your night at Field Mill. We could do with a couple of midfielders as well!

Just shows how far this club has come in the last few years.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:44 pm

CPFC fan wrote:Evening all.
Quick report from the Palace family on tour. Despite the result (we all thought you were robbed!) we had a great evening with Mansfield Town.
Got the family deal in advance and were well impressed with your whole set up. The family stand is great and we had seats right at the back so a really good view. Your family room is a really cool idea, our lot were a bit old for it but so good that there’s somewhere for your young fans to hang out, esp the sensory stuff.
Met Danielle who really helped us out, so many thanks to her.
Our youngest made a beeline for the club shop and insisted on a scarf that he wore for the match.
Sorry we didn’t bring you any luck but we were so pleased to have seen a stags goal and were trying to suck the ball in towards the end of the game!
I thought there was some really decent football on display but as a neutral I reckon you’re crying out for a clinical goal scorer as you had loads of chances but seemed impossible to get the ball in.
Salford scored a couple of annoying, jammy goals and you really deserved at least a draw.
I’m going to insist Palace start selling mushy peas and mint sauce by the way!
All in all we had a really good night out at your place and was well impressed with the great atmosphere. I was amazed when they announced the crowd and it was only 4000, sounded like a lot more.
Anyway, thanks for your friendly advice and good luck for the rest of the season. I’ll def be keeping at eye on your results. Will/CPFC fan

as a neuttral did you think conrad was to blame for salfords first, or the defenders for making a hash of it?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi Will. So pleased you all enjoyed your trip to Field Mill and I hope the rest of your trip to Derbyshire was equally enjoyable.

I live very close to Selhurst Park, but unlike all my local Crystal Palace friends, I'm proud to say I was born a Stag and I've remained a loyal fan for more years than I care to admit to. Now you know why! I love all the banners along the main roads around your ground. Wish Mansfield would copy this great idea. Love your ground too; a proper traditional atmosphere.

I saw Palace v Man City last season and I'm going to the match v Leicester on Sunday. And I'd love some advice from you..... Would it be acceptable to wear my Stags scarf in the home stands or would I be lynched? Wouldn't want to offend anyone, but I'd equally love to express my loyalty to MTFC. Let's face it, we're hardly rivals ATM! All the best for Sunday and the rest of the season.
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tibby » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:48 am

Dont want to offend anyone? Sod um
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum