{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Captain

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Captain

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:29 pm

WVStag wrote:
Paulstag wrote:I think that we need to have a new captain.
One that motivate and encourage his team mates.
Unfortunately you never see any of this from Pearce.

Did you think this last season as well?

Maybe The Chief doesn't believe in the direction, style and strategy the club is heading in this season !?!?!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Well my suggestion is Pearce gets on the job he’s paid to do
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:31 am

yorkstag wrote:Well my suggestion is Pearce gets on the job he’s paid to do

And what exactly is that ???????
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:21 am

Lol what a post :roll:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:52 am

Anyone who calls Pearce out should be ashamed. He’s consistently been our best player for years. We must back him when it’s not quite going his way or we’re frauds. Even the best have bad days at the office.
I still maintain, sort the midfield out and the defence will tighten up and the attack will be more fluid. That’s the problem.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Anyone who calls Pearce out should be ashamed. He’s consistently been our best player for years. We must back him when it’s not quite going his way or we’re frauds. Even the best have bad days at the office.
I still maintain, sort the midfield out and the defence will tighten up and the attack will be more fluid. That’s the problem.

Spot on mate
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:55 am

Lanyard man from P block, whose catchphrase last season was 'Get em going Flitcroft, has now turned his attention to Pearce this season 'get em going skipper, you're supposed to be the captain'. So he agrees, unless he is also you.

The captain role is outmoded IMO, all it is nowadays is one player wearing an armband.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:55 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Anyone who calls Pearce out should be ashamed. He’s consistently been our best player for years. We must back him when it’s not quite going his way or we’re frauds. Even the best have bad days at the office.

Spot on mate

Totally agree with this
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Spot on mate

Totally agree with this

The thread actually beggars belief chaps!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Re: Pearce and Captain

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:45 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
QuarrydaleStag21 wrote:Idiot. Not sure why post's like this are even happening, the clubs not in the best place at the moment and I too am very worried about the past result's, but you cant just attack every single member of Mansfield town and force faults. Pearce has been consistently quality for a very long time and shows great leadership with players and great devotion/ passion towards us fans. How about we stop attacking every single person affiliated with our club and back the boys through this rough spell.

I am aware of the 'snowflake culture' that has developed where our fans like to dig their heads in the sand and ignore poor performances and managerial decisions. Their is without a doubt a cause for concern. But for gods sake people need to have a day off attacking every single aspect of the club at the moment and back the boys rather than bring them down.

Great post....well done that man

cough, splutter, cough
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:54 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Spot on mate

Totally agree with this

Everyone's a flipping expert :roll:
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Lanyard man from P block, whose catchphrase last season was 'Get em going Flitcroft, has now turned his attention to Pearce this season 'get em going skipper, you're supposed to be the captain'. So he agrees, unless he is also you.

The captain role is outmoded IMO, all it is nowadays is one player wearing an armband.

Lanyardman almost makes me want to sit in the QLE.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum