{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Matt Prestons Red Card

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Matt Prestons Red Card

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 am

Slackythestag wrote:The lad must be brain dead. After the worst two touches in the history of football, he then goes in two footed like that.

What's even more bizarre is that the ball was In the middle of the pitch, why didn't he just pull out of that tackle?!

I think much of the team are lacking common sense, restraint & composure, and Matt seems to be leading the charge! ;)

Don't think he's a bad player per se, just one of several who would probably come good again under different stewardship
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am

What he did was gruesome and further reinforces Mansfield’s unfortunate reputation for being a thuggish team.

I am sure he feels awful about what he’s done (again). HE DAMN WELL SHOULD.

But will he ever learn?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:13 am

Not heard any apology from him yet either to his team mates or fans!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 am

Chander Lear wrote:
The Source wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Matt took the full force of lower west and Quarry Lane venting their anger at him. We were told he gave the Quarry the 'v' sign, someone else it was just thumbs up, anyone see owt????

My mate said it was the middle finger.....shows how perception is everything

Tell your mate they saw it wrong, it was a thumbs up

https://photos.app.goo.gl/37CjwPtfsehXX1w47

AH love some photographic evidence to quash someones BS

wish it could happen more often.... a lot of made up bs on here to fit peoples agendas
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:29 am

I was stating that three different people had different views and that perception was everything not that I knew what was definitive jeez
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:I was stating that three different people had different views and that perception was everything not that I knew what was definitive jeez

My post wasn't a job at you Chris. As there were comments about this during the match itself.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 am

tillydog123 wrote:Not heard any apology from him yet either to his team mates or fans!!

He apologised to his team mates yesterday from today's interviews. He's also been fined.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:46 am

The only thing in his defence is it seemed a genuine attempt to get the ball, I don't think there was any intent to harm/injure the player.

It was a mistake, he committed early to the sliding tackle but he should know that, and that alone could be a Red card. All credit to their player getting stuck into the tackle, I think I would have aborted once you saw Preston coming. Obviously Preston should have given up on the ball after the bad touch.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:31 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Not heard any apology from him yet either to his team mates or fans!!

He apologised to his team mates yesterday from today's interviews. He's also been fined.

Fined? Change the “n” for and “r”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Naff all wrong with it. He went for the ball, and he got it. Hannant them rolled over 7-10 times. Hard, strong, full force tackle. Zero studs showing, didn't leave the floor either
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm

His tackle was out of control and dangerous.

Think you need to shake your head and watch again mate.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:42 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Naff all wrong with it. He went for the ball, and he got it. Hannant them rolled over 7-10 times. Hard, strong, full force tackle. Zero studs showing, didn't leave the floor either

Hi Matt! :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:48 pm

oldweststander wrote:His tackle was out of control and dangerous.

Explain how it was out of control? His studs weren't showing, he didn't leave the ground and he led with one foot. Nothing about that shows lack of control, if Hannant can't take a hard hit, shouldn't be playing footy
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby JDW » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:42 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:

Explain how it was out of control? His studs weren't showing, he didn't leave the ground and he led with one foot. Nothing about that shows lack of control, if Hannant can't take a hard hit, shouldn't be playing footy

Of course it was out of control. You go head on into a tackle with that speed and excessive force you can very very easily break somebodies leg/end their career. You clearly don’t play football to know this.

Dreadful tackle and becoming a liability. Needs to regain trust.
JDW
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:52 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:

Wow.....the impact caused the player to do a summersault.

Your litterally the 1 in a 100 who thinks it was a ok challenge.

Even dempster is saying its a straight red and he was 5 yards from it.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Source » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Slackythestag wrote:The lad must be brain dead. After the worst two touches in the history of football, he then goes in two footed like that.

What's even more bizarre is that the ball was In the middle of the pitch, why didn't he just pull out of that tackle?!

He went in one footed, albeit way too fast in my opinion

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HD9pPeRtbNR9ayMS9
(The camera focused on Danny Rose but you can see the tackle)
I just press the button, You provide the face
The Source
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:04 pm

The Source wrote:

From memory, and I've only seen it once... he won the ball and wasn't over it... This photo proves it almost, but my god studs up big time and went in at some speed!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Jimstag wrote:I think it was a genuine mistake, a bad one and unfortunately his second of the season. He needs to learn quickly.

he won't he's garbage. and to think we've let gibbo go out on loan.

LMAO gibbo over Preston. Have a day off

preston is a cb who'd be at home in NL. he's no touch at all, does nothing but clog t'ball out for an opposition gk most of the time. as for decision making :oops: hell he couldn't even take proper throw ins last year
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
The Source wrote:

From memory, and I've only seen it once... he won the ball and wasn't over it... This photo proves it almost, but my god studs up big time and went in at some speed!

Winning the ball is irrelevant these days, if the challenged is deemed dangerous and out of control then it could be a Red card.

Unfortunately for their player the rolling over, summersaulting and throw yourself around, even after the slightest push is also part of today's game, you never know whether they are feigning injury or not. Not disputing the tackle was poor but he did make a meal of it, I know if I was seriously injured you'd be straight down on the ground, some of his movement after the tackle was somewhat theatrical. My point is, it took me a long time to be convinced he was seriously hurt, you never can tell these days.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Jimstag wrote:I think it was a genuine mistake, a bad one and unfortunately his second of the season. He needs to learn quickly.

he won't he's garbage. and to think we've let gibbo go out on loan.

LMAO gibbo over Preston. Have a day off

preston is a cb who'd be at home in NL. he's no touch at all, does nothing but clog t'ball out for an opposition gk most of the time. as for decision making :oops: hell he couldn't even take proper throw ins last year

Part of the best defence in the league last season but now he’s below a player who’s only had a couple of professional appearances, incredible overreaction that!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:23 pm

The reason their player did a somersault is because he went into the tackle from the side & with his left foot so the power & momentum has taken him in the air & over. Had he gone with his right foot he probably would’ve jumped & not even gone on the floor.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Let’s be honest in this day and age you can’t tackle like that, 20 years ago maybe would have been fine but as said you can’t tackle like that!

He’s now got two red cards already for silly decisions! JDs reaction said it all and rightly fined MP, hopefully he learns otherwise he will find himself out of the side for a while
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:31 pm

mansfield_smooth wrote:Let’s be honest in this day and age you can’t tackle like that, 20 years ago maybe would have been fine but as said you can’t tackle like that!

He’s now got two red cards already for silly decisions! JDs reaction said it all and rightly fined MP, hopefully he learns otherwise he will find himself out of the side for a while

He'd have been sent off for that 40 years ago!!
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:00 pm

To all those defending Preston; had it been a Mansfield player on the receiving end of the tackle would they still claim it was a fair.
Transfer list Preston in Jamuary.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Robstag38 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:06 pm

sunray wrote:To all those defending Preston; had it been a Mansfield player on the receiving end of the tackle would they still claim it was a fair.
Transfer list Preston in Jamuary.

Don’t be stupid
Robstag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum