{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

It’s time John

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: It’s time John

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
The One wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
tmwilson wrote:We have made huge strides on and off the pitch. The infrastructure is there, new training ground, better attendances, good football. Love him or hate him, Evans at the time was a big coup for us then for us to prise Flitcroft from a bigger club like Swindon. When he was sacked I thought we would get another experienced manager to take us further but instead we took a big step backwards.
Even if Dempster goes, the board are responsible for us wasting nearly quarter of the season.
First time I've left a game early in over 20 years

The core attendance was down by a thousand from the Scunthorpe game tonight. People voting with their feet already

What was the attendance? I voted with my wallet :D . Did not bother with ST when he was appointed, not been right since pre season.

35 something but a hundred from Cambridge so core was 3400

800 home fans down on the Scunthorpe match but it’s to be expected for a Tuesday night game.

Would be better to look at the Orient match where there was 3800 home fans that night so probably more realistic to say 400 fans down.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Attendance apart it is time to go and has been for ages. I was one of those heckled for querying his credentials. .. lack of experience....ability to manage senior pros not the kids....manage a pre season....instill any sort of style. ...hate to say to the Happy Clappers ...I/We told you so !!!!!!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Yes its bye JD clear your desk but please JR and CR and board DON'T rush to appoint take a good luck and get another Evans but with more style and panache and respect for officials.
Glover can cover a couple of games at least but guess he might go too and so maybe Cooper could have a game or 2 in the interim.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Sack Daryl Taylor because the team are not fit either physically or mentally.
Sack Ian Pledger because the has been no increase in goal keeping.

Use the savings to employ an experianced old manager as Director of Football to mentor JD and give the team confidence in him.

Stop playing players out of position.

Sub in the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Stop believing going into defence will win you the game, start with 3 strikers with instruction to get into the box.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:09 am

There is no way back for the manager now sadly, the Board need today to do the right thing and we move on together.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:44 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Attendance apart it is time to go and has been for ages. I was one of those heckled for querying his credentials. .. lack of experience....ability to manage senior pros not the kids....manage a pre season....instill any sort of style. ...hate to say to the Happy Clappers ...I/We told you so !!!!!!

You don't hate to say it at all. You're overjoyed you absolute weapon.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:50 am

nick_stags wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Attendance apart it is time to go and has been for ages. I was one of those heckled for querying his credentials. .. lack of experience....ability to manage senior pros not the kids....manage a pre season....instill any sort of style. ...hate to say to the Happy Clappers ...I/We told you so !!!!!!

There are a few more on here like WVStag that are buzzing they're right about Dempster not being up to much so far. It's pretty embarrassing support
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 am

Supporting the club doesn't mean mindless devotion and not having a legitimate logical opinion
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 am

It's time John, it's time to take back control.

Absentee owners who allow the clubs to be run by front men don't do well. From the top of my head, two big disasters;

Sunderland - Ellis Short, advised by Martin Baines
Chesterfield - Dave Allen, advised by Ashley Carson

Who is advising you John? The advice you've been given and taken from your trusted inner circle, has been diabolical lately.

Take back control and maybe get some advisors who aren't quite so invested in their own agendas and can call things out on an unbiased basis.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:08 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Supporting the club doesn't mean mindless devotion and not having a legitimate logical opinion

True. However when a manager is appointed, statistically speaking they are odds on to be a failure.

So you can either support that managrr from the get go and hope (against the odds) that they have success. Or you can announce to the world that they will fail based on, lack of experience, previous track record, relationship with owner and keep banging on like you have some kind of great foresight, when all you are doing is simply playing the odds.

Put simply the are miserable raspberry at every club, who will spend all season saying the manager is going to fail, and at the end of the season 20 of them will be right and will be taking delight in saying I told you so. 4 will be proven wrong and they'll go quiet until pre season, then the mantra will be, 'this manager will fail at this level because.....' and eventually they will be right.

Predicting a managerial failure in football is the easiest thing in the world.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 am

Correct and regurgitating the same failed managers that are available, only happens in the footballing world is, just as easy. The circus continues.
Astonishing really.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby northern stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 am

Sneag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Supporting the club doesn't mean mindless devotion and not having a legitimate logical opinion

True. However when a manager is appointed, statistically speaking they are odds on to be a failure.

So you can either support that managrr from the get go and hope (against the odds) that they have success. Or you can announce to the world that they will fail based on, lack of experience, previous track record, relationship with owner and keep banging on like you have some kind of great foresight, when all you are doing is simply playing the odds.

Put simply the are miserable raspberry at every club, who will spend all season saying the manager is going to fail, and at the end of the season 20 of them will be right and will be taking delight in saying I told you so. 4 will be proven wrong and they'll go quiet until pre season, then the mantra will be, 'this manager will fail at this level because.....' and eventually they will be right.

Best post I’ve seen on here in ages and puts in context some of the ‘so called ‘ expert opinions
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:45 am

Tick tock
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 am

Yet again, when it comes to appointing a manager JR has got it wrong.

Cox was a horse for the course in non-league, but not good enough for the football league.

Murray was appointed and praised as an up and coming young manager, he too was not up to the job.

Evans, love him or loath him, made great strides forward but fleeced the chairman by paying too higher wages to average players, then walking out,. Mr Radford seems to be a poor judge of people.

Flitcroft, off to a bad start with, his failure to get us over the promotion line, the following season Flitcroft was hamstrung having players on big money who were not delivering. He failed to land the striker we so badly needed to finish the job, maybe because the wage budget was spent, then Radford sacked him which was disappointing from my point of view but on the other hand understandable as the chairman declared promotion was the only aim.

Dempster, need I say, is not up to the job, dealing with kids is one thing, it's easier as they look up and respect their coach, men are different. Too many of our payers look unfit, uninterested and are just going through the motions for John Dempster. There is the much talked about lack of discipline both on a d off the field, sorry JD your time is up, you need a stint as an assistant to a good experienced manager to learn the ropes.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:11 am

nick_stags wrote:

Exactly.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:14 am

Sneag wrote:

Excellent considered reasoned response Sneag and i welcome that and great opinions and discussion.

I would say in response that all the things you stated as being levelled at JD by myself and others from the start....not at the first blip....have come true very very quickly. That is the point most people against his appointment have been making that it's not the failure in itself it's all the things that have been levelled at him have actually come to pass. That's different than saying of any new manager he's going to fail.

After the way Swindon hammered us at home under S Evans I was delighted with the appointment of David Flitcroft and said so. The disappointment then was that the great football of the first half of last season didnt produce ultimate success. That's different from the opinions held on John Dempster.

Great response mate
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:33 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Excellent considered reasoned response Sneag and i welcome that and great opinions and discussion.

I would say in response that all the things you stated as being levelled at JD by myself and others from the start....not at the first blip....have come true very very quickly. That is the point most people against his appointment have been making that it's not the failure in itself it's all the things that have been levelled at him have actually come to pass. That's different than saying of any new manager he's going to fail.

After the way Swindon hammered us at home under S Evans I was delighted with the appointment of David Flitcroft and said so. The disappointment then was that the great football of the first half of last season didnt produce ultimate success. That's different from the opinions held on John Dempster.

Great response mate

When JD was appointed no one could possibly 'know' if he'd be the next Eddie Howe or the next Stuart Boam.

You can trust your gut if you like but you can't 'know'. Know what I mean? ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:57 am

I used to work with Mr Boam and his brother after Stuart was sacked. I thought he was the worst manager we've ever had and still do, but I refrained from telling him.
Have you seen the size of his fists :o
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:22 am

Das,

Very often good players do not make good managers, can you imagine Wayne Rooney being a good manager?

Apparently Wayne does.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:31 am

oldweststander wrote:Das,

Very often good players do not make good managers, can you imagine Wayne Rooney being a good manager?

Apparently Wayne does.

Gary Neville certainly didn't
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:32 am

really surprised we haven’t had an official statement yet!

do we need to start worrying ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Having been to all home and away games this season, this was better last night first half because there was more energy, slightly more movement and until half time had Cambridge tied in their own half. Poor finishing in the final third was our problem on Saturday and was again tonight. Poor decision making let us down in the last three games. Exeter was by far the worst display so far, second half at Crawley was better, but no points. What happened after the sending off has left me dumbfounded. We looked energy less against a poor Cambridge side who before Saturday had not won in their last 4. Onto Vale Saturday.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:20 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:really surprised we haven’t had an official statement yet!

do we need to start worrying ?

I feel we do mate, unless alternative manager is on plane to Faro
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Port Vale is his last chance...

I have a feeling the 4-0 loss might look as bad to the board room because of the first half performance being much better and then the stupid red card that changed the game.

Win at Vale its Demps chance to put a run together.... I predict a draw and a another week of JD until we get spanked again.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Port Vale is his last chance...

I have a feeling the 4-0 loss might look as bad to the board room because of the first half performance being much better and then the stupid red card that changed the game.

Win at Vale its Demps chance to put a run together.... I predict a draw and a another week of JD until we get spanked again.

And for that reason he needs to go now, we are chalking off games and getting behind the leading pack.
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum