{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: carolyn

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:23 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:A mate of mine was sat next to Carolyn Radford in Portugal yesterday. She wasn’t particularly quiet about the recent burglary and the three rolexes and diamond ring they had stolen apparently.

that from their uk home?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Another interesting post from her this evening. Nothings ever done quietly - We’ve just been smashed by Cambridge and she’s posting a photo smiling with a chuffing dog!!!

Oh and she’s tagged all the media in it as well. Not professional in the slightest.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:57 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Another ridiculous post from her this evening. Why can’t she just go about things quietly for once instead of posting a photo of herself every 5 minutes. We’ve just been smashed by Cambridge and she’s posting a photo smiling with a chuffing dog!!!

Oh and she’s tagged all the media in it as well, embarrassing. Not professional in the slightest.

Be fair. The caption reads " every dog has its day", then she slates tonight's performance
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:59 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:A mate of mine was sat next to Carolyn Radford in Portugal yesterday. She wasn’t particularly quiet about the recent burglary and the three rolexes and diamond ring they had stolen apparently.

that from their uk home?

I wonder if they are insured by One Call
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Where has she slated tonight's performance? I can only see the photo & caption.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:00 pm

The One wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Another ridiculous post from her this evening. Why can’t she just go about things quietly for once instead of posting a photo of herself every 5 minutes. We’ve just been smashed by Cambridge and she’s posting a photo smiling with a chuffing dog!!!

Oh and she’s tagged all the media in it as well, embarrassing. Not professional in the slightest.

Be fair. The caption reads " every dog has its day", then she slates tonight's performance

I know but it’s not the point, it’s just not necessary to post photos like that after a defeat, tagging the club and all media. Maybe I’m just frustrated this evening, and I’m fully aware she does a lot of good for the club, but I feel it’s missed the mark a bit.

That said, I do agree with her :lol:
Last edited by BH_Stag on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Honestly, what positives does she think is going to come out of stuff like that? Utterly embarrassing.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Dan wrote:Where has she slated tonight's performance? I can only see the photo & caption.

In the Facebook comments she says :

'Dealing with men is a nightmare! No clue.' (there's some of that sexism she loves to talk about the other way round)

'Awful all round'.

'My children's inheritance'

Someone says the post will antagonise fans, she says 'No I think that was the performance'.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Not sure why everyone is making a fuse over it, it's a clear shot at her fellow directors that I interrupt as a "I told you so".

She did something similar before Flitcroft got sacked but she was extremely angry. Clearly at the time it felt like performance but seems given her recent comments it was because Flitcroft was sacked and she didn't support it.

It may mean the decision to sack Dempster has been made.
Last edited by Stags 2002 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:Where has she slated tonight's performance? I can only see the photo & caption.

In the Facebook comments she says :

'Dealing with men is a nightmare! No clue.' (there's some of that sexism she loves to talk about the other way round)

'Awful all round'.

'My children's inheritance'

Someone says the post will antagonise fans, she says 'No I think that was the performance'.

Cheers mate I was on Twitter!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Not sure why everyone is making a fuse over it, it's a clear shot at her fellow directors that I interrupt as a "I told you so".

She did something similar before Flitcroft got sacked but she was extremely angry. Clearly at the time it felt like performance but seems given her recent comments it was because Flitcroft was sacked and she didn't support it.

Wasn’t it a couple days ago she was going on about not sacking anyone because she believes in longevity? Shambles this :lol:
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ian23 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:26 pm

A couple of days ago it was the vote of confidence, you dont walk round saying we are on verge of sacking the manager, the only shambles is on the pitch and in dugout
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Random Hero » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:31 pm

It doesn’t matter what the context of her dig is. We just lost 0-4 at home.

She’s a PR nightmare.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Not sure why everyone is making a fuse over it, it's a clear shot at her fellow directors that I interrupt as a "I told you so".

Exactly this.

The directors have a lot to answer for on this diabolical season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:

Exactly this.

Agreed - but now is just not the right time... we just lost 4-0 at home.

The directors have a lot to answer for on this diabolical season.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:19 pm

[quote="BH_Stag"]Another interesting post from her this evening. Nothings ever done quietly - We’ve just been smashed by Cambridge and she’s posting a photo smiling with a chuffing dog!!!

Oh and she’s tagged all the media in it as well. Not professional in the slightest.[/quote

Absolutely agree with you. It's all about her, I'm afraid. Hate to be cynical but the club's been a means to an end which got her lots of publicity when we were doing well, but now the media interest will dwindle....ultimately, I can see JR selling up.... then what do we do?
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Kenwood » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:40 am

Carolyn is spot on, her timing could be better and less public. But the decision to sack Flitcroft despite his failings to secure those final few points was wrong.

I don’t think for one minute DF was always the nice guy he portrayed and he did like to moan about the training ground etc etc but this is a results based business and on the whole we got them, and with decent football.

Unfortunately Dempster has to go and an experienced manager brought in. What we can’t afford to do is let things behind the scenes fall into a game of “ I told you so” and become a shambolic mess like Notts became under Hardy
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:58 am

She is rapidly becoming this season’s, Alan Hardy. We are but a ‘Janet Jackson nipple slip episode’ away from humiliation.

Please, Carolyn, a little bit of decorum and dignity.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 am

I think she's far more perceptive than many on here give her credit for. Especially where she says 'Every dog has its day', and covers up it's real intended message with an unassociated picture of her with a dog - meaning every dog, and by implication every person, has a period of power or influence.

This is interesting because who is she referring to?. Does she mean Dempster, or does she mean those who were allowed to push their own agenda at the club who were involved with DF sacking and Dempsters appointment? Are those with the agendas having their wings clipped and their influence revoked, especially where it's lead to a multitude of terrible football and business decisions?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:20 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I think she's far more perceptive than many on here give her credit for. Especially where she says 'Every dog has its day', and covers up it's real intended message with an unassociated picture of her with a dog - meaning every dog, and by implication every person, has a period of power or influence.

This is interesting because who is she referring to?. Does she mean Dempster, or does she mean those who were allowed to push their own agenda at the club who were involved with DF sacking and Dempsters appointment? Are those with the agendas having their wings clipped and their influence revoked, especially where it's lead to a multitude of terrible football and business decisions?

I agree mate. There are too many on here of an age that don't really get today's social media culture, plus as you say they see everything black and white and can't see the hidden meanings.
Too many take her far too seriously when behind the scenes when it matters I'm pretty sure she's quite competent
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:25 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I think she's far more perceptive than many on here give her credit for. Especially where she says 'Every dog has its day', and covers up it's real intended message with an unassociated picture of her with a dog - meaning every dog, and by implication every person, has a period of power or influence.

I agree mate. There are too many on here of an age that don't really get today's social media culture, plus as you say they see everything black and white and can't see the hidden meanings.
Too many take her far too seriously when behind the scenes when it matters I'm pretty sure she's quite competent

So you think her posting that on social media, whatever its true meaning, is acceptable after a 4-0 home loss?! Of course it isn’t.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 am

Random Hero wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

So you think her posting that on social media, whatever its true meaning, is acceptable after a 4-0 home loss?! Of course it isn’t.

See what I mean, it's a flipping football match. I bet you were giving JD pelters if it's the be all and end all, get a life man
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 am

I wouldn't get too worked up about it Random.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 am

Interestingly the post appears to have been removed from Twitter.

Not sure about other applications.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:36 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I wouldn't get too worked up about it Random.

Not worked up mate, embarrassed.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum