{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Greeks scorefred sponsored by Smiths Alarm clocks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Greeks scorefred sponsored by Smiths Alarm clocks

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Another early goal conceded. Another sending off. Unable to change things effectively ( as no shots on target ). Is there a pattern here, or am I being too negative against our rookie management team ?
I think they should be allowed six more games. If no improvement, lets get a management team who know how to win games in league two.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:11 pm

BH_Stag wrote:This is so frustrating. The amount of times we hoofed it to Rose today when he barely ever won a header was beyond belief. Style of play is just poor.

Could go on but when all’s said the bottom line is I have serious question marks about Dempster as a manager, at the moment I can’t see us anywhere near promotion.

He has to win next week against a side that hasn’t won a game yet. You can’t be going 6 home games without a win against the bang average opposition we have played.

And from someone at the match, therein lies Dempsters tactical nous in a nutshell.
Same team and tactics next week John yielding a similar performance and you should do the honourable thing
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:12 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Time for a break from this ridiculous site. See you in a few weeks when I’m back from holiday.

Maybe

The classic belly response to being proven wrong (again)
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Daggerz » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 pm

Anyone know how long a contract was JD given?
Daggerz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:16 pm

It's not like the start of last season when were playing attractive stuff, you could see clear patterns of play but we couldn't turn draws into wins. It seems to be 11 players on the pitch, no clear plan and it has been the same since the first game of pre-season. There's no signs there that we're about to go on a run of good form.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:16 pm

6 league games in but I must admit I’m slowly losing the faith.

Still early days, players coming back from inj/suspensions etc so I will stick up and make excuses to a degree.

Would give JD at least another 6 games.
He needs to find his best team/formation quick though. In my opinion the 532 needs dropping. Clearly not working.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:16 pm

NG17_stag wrote:Discipline is a joke. Dempster needs to get a grip of this squad. If Scunthorpe (that team who’s managed 1 point from 18) come to our place and take any points off us, I’m done with him.

We narrowly lost away to top of the table. Next week we are home to bottom of table. 3 points are a MUST for Dempster or I can sense he will be walking a tightrope. We should beat Scunny. Only 1 down this season so we will be already 8 points clear of the drop.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Sorry but 8 games in now. Performances are not good enough. Not a single shot on target, corners can't beat the first man. We talk about the basics but can't even get the correct amount of power on a pass to someone 10 yards away. My man of the match is Kellan Gordon, who did little wrong and was our main threat. Followed by sterling who was on for 15 minutes.

Just really poor. On par with notts County away last season.

That team that started today, 9 out of the 11 played last season. Maynard was comparable to walker last season and Gordon was my man of the match. They are playing a very similar formation. The only real change is the backroom staff and a different pre season. Which is the issue?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Unfortunately Dempster is struggling atm but a couple of wins can change things. This is all good in a happy camp, but imo something is not right at the club right now. I’m just glad there’s only one relegation place, because bottom two is a real possibility if we keep this ill discipline up both on and off the field. I hope JD can turn it around, but I’ve got a feeling he’s only got a handful of games left before JR makes a decision on him.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:19 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Time for a break from this ridiculous site. See you in a few weeks when I’m back from holiday.

Maybe

My first pint tonight is dedicated to your travel agent :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:19 pm

one defeat up to xmas last season
how many at this rate this season??
gonna be a longggg hard winter if no management change
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:20 pm

Also, how we miss Tyler. He’s playing well in lge 2. He should be playing for Forest!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 pm

On the coach on way home, struggling with the style of play not the result. Long ball to Rose, head on and hope. Macca worked hard to put structure in the midfield. No energy, not a lot of movement, players slipping, heading balls back in the direction they have just came. Not one effort required saving by their keeper. Maynard should have scored first half but shot wide.No answers but Exeter are not a great footballing side. There is a real conundrum opening up here in the fact that why are we not scoring and why letting in early goals.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:22 pm

i’m sure our owner will not take many more poor performances v his investment again, over to you John Radford
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:25 pm

ST4GS wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:Discipline is a joke. Dempster needs to get a grip of this squad. If Scunthorpe (that team who’s managed 1 point from 18) come to our place and take any points off us, I’m done with him.

We narrowly lost away to top of the table. Next week we are home to bottom of table. 3 points are a MUST for Dempster or I can sense he will be walking a tightrope. We should beat Scunny. Only 1 down this season so we will be already 8 points clear of the drop.

Happy Days !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:It's not like the start of last season when were playing attractive stuff, you could see clear patterns of play but we couldn't turn draws into wins. It seems to be 11 players on the pitch, no clear plan and it has been the same since the first game of pre-season. There's no signs there that we're about to go on a run of good form.

Exactly this. I’m not sure the squad truly believe in the manager. Maynard must wonder what he’s signed up for, Bury played all that nice football last season which he thrived upon, comes to us and we don’t play to his strengths whatsoever and now he’s feeding off scraps trying to get on a knock down from the endless hoofs to Rose.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm

WVStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Stability was required not knee jeek reactions, and that included some ‘fans’.

They are getting now what they wished for.

It's not the change of manager that was the issue, it's the choice of manager.

This.

Well said.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Maybe

Oh please don't go.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 pm

What did Sweeney do to be dismissed for violent conduct? We’re there any mitigating circumstances, ie retaliation?

Apologies if it has already been mentioned?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm

we are lacking in midfield in a nut shell
it all stems from the forwards not getting the service and support
defence not getting the cover and being put under extra pressure
sort midfield out and we will do a lot better imo
you dont have to be a brain surgeon to see this surely
thoughts?
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

nigegray wrote:we are lacking in midfield in a nut shell
it all stems from the forwards not getting the service and support
defence not getting the cover and being put under extra pressure
sort midfield out and we will do a lot better imo
you dont have to be a brain surgeon to see this surely
thoughts?

every bloody fan i know can see it, why he hasn’t addressed it yet is mind blowing
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:On the coach on way home, struggling with the style of play not the result. Long ball to Rose, head on and hope. Macca worked hard to put structure in the midfield. No energy, not a lot of movement, players slipping, heading balls back in the direction they have just came. Not one effort required saving by their keeper. Maynard should have scored first half but shot wide.No answers but Exeter are not a great footballing side. There is a real conundrum opening up here in the fact that why are we not scoring and why letting in early goals.

Good summary. I thought Macca played well.

Defence at fault for the goal, too busy arguing about whether it was a throw or not - went to sleep and should have played to the whistle.

The one that hit the bar the people next to me thought Logan had got a touch on. If so it was a great save.

Logan did alright. He had no chance with he goal.

Macca was furious with CJ when he came on and wasted an opportunity down the left wing. He shouted something like ‘every bloody time’ or similar from what I could tell, but maybe I misheard.

Sweeney was furious about the sending off. Looked like they were saying an elbow and ref had no hesitation.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:33 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:It's not like the start of last season when were playing attractive stuff, you could see clear patterns of play but we couldn't turn draws into wins. It seems to be 11 players on the pitch, no clear plan and it has been the same since the first game of pre-season. There's no signs there that we're about to go on a run of good form.

Exactly this. I’m not sure the squad truly believe in the manager. Maynard must wonder what he’s signed up for, Bury played all that nice football last season which he thrived upon, comes to us and we don’t play to his strengths whatsoever and now he’s feeding off scraps trying to get on a knock down from the endless hoofs to Rose.

We played nice football last season too. Maybe he thought we would this season too. Pity we don’t look like doing so.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm

ST4GS wrote:

Maynard and Sterling came closest for us and that's it, closest we came to scoring was their defender hitting his own player and going towards goal. Exeter, on the other hand, hit the woodwork twice, drew a couple of saves from logan, caused us problems from set pieces, a couple of crosses came within millimeters of someone getting that decisive touch. They had the quality.

We had a decent amount of possession I feel, problem is we had the quantity of possession, they had the quality possession.

We perhaps could have nicked a point but it would have been daylight robbery. Much is said about our lack of midfield, I felt Macca was the pick of the midfield, but we bypasses them over and over again. The midfield is feeding off scaps and by extension so are the forwards. Logan got criticised for going long, on todays viewing I swear down we are told to go long to Rose. Logan gives the ball to a defender, who has options and he just smacks it long anyway.
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:38 pm

[quote="I am Spartacus"]What did Sweeney do to be dismissed for violent conduct? We’re there any mitigating circumstances, ie retaliation?

Apologies if it has already been mentioned

They were jostling in the area for a Mansfield throw. Defender went down like a sack of spuds holding his face. Ref gave Sweeney an immediate red. Seemed to be suggested it was an elbow.

Weirdly the ref sent him off and then left Mansfield to keep the throw.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum