{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anti Demps abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anti Demps abuse

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:You pay your money say what you want. As long as not racist, homophobic or abusive then say what you like. Freedom of speech, you don’t like it tough ****.

Everyone agrees with that - I think most are saying it’s very counterproductive.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:You pay your money say what you want. As long as not racist, homophobic or abusive then say what you like. Freedom of speech, you don’t like it tough ****.

Everyone agrees with that - I think most are saying it’s very counterproductive.

The problem with the 'I pays my money I says what I want' types, is that they are nearly always abusive.
And if you're okay with that then, you'd have to be okay if someone not sharing their opinion told them to 'shut the raspberry up' it's free speech afterall.
I thought the non playing squad members did well not to react to the raspberry in J Block hurling abuse at Mellis today.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:16 pm

Sneag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

The problem with the 'I pays my money I says what I want' types, is that they are nearly always abusive.
And if you're okay with that then, you'd have to be okay if someone not sharing their opinion told them to 'shut the raspberry up' it's free speech afterall.
I thought the non playing squad members did well not to react to the raspberry in J Block hurling abuse at Mellis today.

At the end of the day football is a game of opinions.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:27 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

man this happens in every football club in the land, rightly or wrongly raspberries happens, deal with it !

it int never gonna change, football always has and always will attract this type of person

some people just need to get over themselves

At the end of the day football is a game of opinions.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:38 pm

I told Otis Khan before the game that he was playing well and was unlucky to be subbed on Tuesday night. It was a bad substitution by JD to replace Otis with Alistair Smith and helped hand the game to Orient. However JD got it bang on today by subbing Otis as he was not producing anything and looked off the pace. Omari Sterling-James did have an impact on the game and should have won us a penalty.

We need to give JD some slack because of the injuries although a few fans said to me today that they could not understand why JR had appointed a rookie manager after spending a fortune on our playing squad and that it did not seem to make sense. It would have been better for him to spend his money trying to recruit someone like Ryan Lowe from Bury.

My only frustration with JD today is why do we bring everybody back for free kicks and corners and leave nobody up front. It gives us no out ball and just means that the ball will just come right back at us after we have cleared it. I have never understood this tactic. We might as well leave CJ up front because a) he is quick and can chase a clearance to put the defence under pressure; and b) he is generally hopeless at heading the ball.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i guess because it’s frustrating & emotional this supporting the Stags passion we all have, some people just show it in different ways

never forget we all go because we are Stags fans

Yep. But abusing the manager when he’s trying to do his job is silly and counterproductive. If I was trying to do my job and someone started shouting at me and putting me off it wouldn’t help.

And people should get some perspective. We aren’t bottom of the league.

But we will be if this carries on....apart from Newport we haven't played a rated team yet. Be honest most of us are waiting for The Radfords to realise they've made a mistake so we can have some faith again . He got a bye today because the fans realised he didn't have a full hand but that won't last much longer.

By the way will someone explain to me what value is it that goalkeeping coach running up mid half to show JD a tablet screen?? Think he couldn't see what was happening ????

We will be play offs minimum so just chill dipshit

Cut the abuse Spanish. I hold a different opinion to you that's all.

oh the irony!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:19 am

Dont worry ,some of them hunt like a pack of wolves on here ,dont like it when they get it back , :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:03 am

I personally would have substituted CJ yesterday he did absolutely nothing & i think his head has been turned again .
No commitment whatsoever ..
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:17 am

The only person that attitude will help is you. Bravo :clap: :clap:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:18 am

Id love to see that stats on cj

Pretty sure he covered more ground than anyone yesterday in scorching heat. He made runs and put a few good balls into the box which were not converted

His touch let him down on many occasions but to say he did nothing and has no commitment is just a blatent lie.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:42 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I told Otis Khan before the game that he was playing well and was unlucky to be subbed on Tuesday night. It was a bad substitution by JD to replace Otis with Alistair Smith and helped hand the game to Orient. However JD got it bang on today by subbing Otis as he was not producing anything and looked off the pace. Omari Sterling-James did have an impact on the game and should have won us a penalty.

We need to give JD some slack because of the injuries although a few fans said to me today that they could not understand why JR had appointed a rookie manager after spending a fortune on our playing squad and that it did not seem to make sense. It would have been better for him to spend his money trying to recruit someone like Ryan Lowe from Bury.

My only frustration with JD today is why do we bring everybody back for free kicks and corners and leave nobody up front. It gives us no out ball and just means that the ball will just come right back at us after we have cleared it. I have never understood this tactic. We might as well leave CJ up front because a) he is quick and can chase a clearance to put the defence under pressure; and b) he is generally hopeless at heading the ball.

Good Post, we commented the same, we had 10 in the box defending a free kick, they had 4 players in. Push CJ and Danny up to give us an outlet.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 am

MansfieldMick wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I told Otis Khan before the game that he was playing well and was unlucky to be subbed on Tuesday night. It was a bad substitution by JD to replace Otis with Alistair Smith and helped hand the game to Orient. However JD got it bang on today by subbing Otis as he was not producing anything and looked off the pace. Omari Sterling-James did have an impact on the game and should have won us a penalty.

Good Post, we commented the same, we had 10 in the box defending a free kick, they had 4 players in. Push CJ and Danny up to give us an outlet.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:29 am

Oh dear.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 am

If he’s on the pitch I would always keep CJ up as he is fast, not sure about Danny, he can get his head in there in defence.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 am

I think we all have to cut him some slack at the minute, he hasn't had his best squad to pick from at all this season. we are so short on numbers at the moment. Wait until we get a few back and then judge him.

It's a confidence thing at the minute I think eventually we will try and play some football, we just need to make sure that defence is organised.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:24 am

I don't happen to agree with the 'I pay my money I say what I like' logic. That's not how things work in any other aspect of life. We have a right to boo but not to yell personal abuse.

Of course Dempster needs time. My main concern is that I can't see what he is trying to implement. You could see what DF was trying to do, and there was a marked difference in the style of play between him and Evans. Okay, the style waned as the season went on, probably because of a mix of lack of confidence and the fitness levels required to play pressing football. However, at least the intention was there. I still can't really fathom what type of team JD wants us to be. We haven't got an identity (yet).
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 am

Got to have something to get behind, not the stale,Murrayesque football that's being played, by whatever unfit team, this manager puts out.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:44 am

gavinbrookes wrote:I don't happen to agree with the 'I pay my money I say what I like' logic. That's not how things work in any other aspect of life. We have a right to boo but not to yell personal abuse.

Of course Dempster needs time. My main concern is that I can't see what he is trying to implement. You could see what DF was trying to do, and there was a marked difference in the style of play between him and Evans. Okay, the style waned as the season went on, probably because of a mix of lack of confidence and the fitness levels required to play pressing football. However, at least the intention was there. I still can't really fathom what type of team JD wants us to be. We haven't got an identity (yet).

Hardly surprising with all of the enforced changes. Wait until he has a settled side and I'm sure you will see a plan a and a plan b emerge.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 am

Hon Sec wrote:If he’s on the pitch I would always keep CJ up as he is fast, not sure about Danny, he can get his head in there in defence.

I agree about Danny. He is one of our best headers so I would bring him back for set pieces just like Paul Cox used to do with Matt Rhead.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:03 am

He's had six competitive games in his career, you got to give him some slack all considered.

One thing I am not willing to let him off with is how every single player is in our box for a Stevenage corner. idiotic at best and i don't understand how that's not been dealt with?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:10 am

bigalstag wrote:Got to have something to get behind, not the stale,Murrayesque football that's being played, by whatever unfit team, this manager puts out.

I don't remember Murray playing some of the football that Dempster is clearly trying to play. They are not getting it right and there is a long way to go but this is so wide of the mark. Look back at the video of Bennings miss against Morecambe with over a minute and a half of flowing football leading up to the chance. Yesterday, Macca should have scored after a fantastic move which was replicated several times but not enough.

Dempster is trying to do something different and is stymied by injuries, suspensions and, i suspect, lack of experience as a league manager but what you are projecting as truth is utter nonsense
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:20 am

No one can be happy with how we've started the season. Injuries, suspensions and off field problems, even when taken into account, can't fully justify our performances against the poorer sides in league 2, except Carlisle.

The season Cox got the push he had a horrendous number of players out injured. It still didn't matter he got sacked.

I'm not saying JD should get the sack at the present time, but how long can this go on, IF, promotion is the aim this season ?

I will support JD and the team, but things arnt looking too good at the moment.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 am

The context was different for Cox as he had had time and things were poor for a while. I also don't think there was enough clarity on how things were going to improve even when people came back
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:57 am

Paul Cox also had his budget slashed to around £800,000 and was having to sign players for buttons who had very little league experience. If he had been able to sign quality players who suited his style of play then there is no reason why we couldn't have built a competitive side with Matt Rhead, John Akinde and Lucas Akins up front :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:57 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:The context was different for Cox as he had had time and things were poor for a while. I also don't think there was enough clarity on how things were going to improve even when people came back

I think Cox effectively sacked himself when we'd gone something like 10 games without a win, and when challenged on it his retort was like '10 games that's nowt, we went 12 last year!' I think at that point JR's patience ran out.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum