{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery signing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery signing

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:47 pm

In here ;

It’s a crackin little club & owned by the best Chairman in the league
get ya sens down :mtfc:
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9032
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Bros » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:52 pm

The 3 grumpy old men will be there, after fish & chips tea at Ollerton Roundabout
Bros
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Bros wrote:The 3 grumpy old men will be there, after fish & chips tea at Ollerton Roundabout

The Big Fish. One of the best around.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Scorefred by Yorkie :shock: Nowt'll go wrong shirley :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19778
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby The One » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Spiritater wrote:Scorefred by Yorkie :shock: Nowt'll go wrong shirley :lol:



We are doomed I tell yer
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10283
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Is this game still on as Notts constabulary are also policing an old ladies giant knickers, knicker elastic tournament in Meden Vale this evening??

I’d hate for them to be overstretched again! :lol:
I am Spartacus
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Bros wrote:The 3 grumpy old men will be there, after fish & chips tea at Ollerton Roundabout


The Big Fish. One of the best around.


Get yourself to West Carr Fisheries on West Carr Road, Ordsall, Retford. The best fish and chips in Retford. Much better than the over priced Big Fish and better value for money. The mini fish and chips are massive. The football ground near it though is Retford FC not Retford United.

There is also a fish and chip shop (Papa's) at the bottom of Spittal Hill as you turn up the road to Retford United's ground.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:14 pm

KFC has shut down now sadly in the town, on the plus side it’s Spoons hasn’t
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9032
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby MobileStag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Are the facilities good enough for there to be commentary on ifollow?
MobileStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Sounds like it will be a mixed team now listening to the full Dempster interview. Says he wants the whole squad to have had 90 minutes over the course of tonight and Thursday against Bradford Park Avenue
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:06 pm

MobileStag wrote:Are the facilities good enough for there to be commentary on ifollow?

There is no commentary this evening.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18730
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Even jamma gets a run out tonight :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5196
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:30 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Sounds like it will be a mixed team now listening to the full Dempster interview. Says he wants the whole squad to have had 90 minutes over the course of tonight and Thursday against Bradford Park Avenue


Well that’s that out the window :lol:
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:31 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Sounds like it will be a mixed team now listening to the full Dempster interview. Says he wants the whole squad to have had 90 minutes over the course of tonight and Thursday against Bradford Park Avenue


Well that’s that out the window :lol:



he said that regarding the BPA and Alfreton games, that's how I interpreted it anyway!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5196
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Sounds like it will be a mixed team now listening to the full Dempster interview. Says he wants the whole squad to have had 90 minutes over the course of tonight and Thursday against Bradford Park Avenue


Well that’s that out the window :lol:



he said that regarding the BPA and Alfreton games, that's how I interpreted it anyway!


I’m sure he said 90 by the weekend? Oh well!
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:14 pm

1-0 Law penalty
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Jimmy great feet great goal 2-0
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9032
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:43 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Jimmy great feet great goal 2-0


McCaffrey ????
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Jimmy great feet great goal 2-0


McCaffrey ????


never in a month of Sunday’s sadly
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9032
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby StagsFan83 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Was the trialist a youth trialist?
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Sounds like it will be a mixed team now listening to the full Dempster interview. Says he wants the whole squad to have had 90 minutes over the course of tonight and Thursday against Bradford Park Avenue


Well that’s that out the window :lol:



he said that regarding the BPA and Alfreton games, that's how I interpreted it anyway!


I’m sure he said 90 by the weekend? Oh well!


from the video interview on iFollow, it's very clear that Dempster was talking about Bradford PA and Alfreton. I can see where the confusion came from as one of the tweets from the club describing the interview talked about "Retford and Bradford Park" but that is not what he said.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18730
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:55 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Was the trialist a youth trialist?


Not even that I wouldn’t say. It was a lad who played for the youth team about 4/5 years ago - will now be 24/25 and certainly wouldn’t be considered for the first team. Really confusing I must say, I thought maybe he was just brought on because Retford were starting to kick lumps out of the team but I suppose you never know.

On another note, Tyrese Sinclair was very impressive. Got to take the standard of opposition in to account I know, but he looked a level above the rest of the side I thought.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:56 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Is this game still on as Notts constabulary are also policing an old ladies giant knickers, knicker elastic tournament in Meden Vale this evening??

I’d hate for them to be overstretched again! :lol:


The old ladies giant knickers or the police? :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6940
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
StagsFan83 wrote:Was the trialist a youth trialist?


Not even that I wouldn’t say. It was a lad who played for the youth team about 4/5 years ago - will now be 24/25 and certainly wouldn’t be considered for the first team. Really confusing I must say, I thought maybe he was just brought on because Retford were starting to kick lumps out of the team but I suppose you never know.

On another note, Tyrese Sinclair was very impressive. Got to take the standard of opposition in to account I know, but he looked a level above the rest of the side I thought.

Jack Hawkins n Jamma did fine in thier guest appearances
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19778
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Retford score thread sponsored by the third mystery sign

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18730
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests