{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

womens football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: womens football

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:42 am

Goal Line technology...yes...VAR....no!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:01 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Dan wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Bloody annoying that about every game from this womens football is on the telly BUT we're hosting the Cricket World Cup in this country plus have a damn good chance of actually winning it and all we get is a few highlights late on CH5. :(
Be the same when Wimbledon tennis starts, can't switch the telly on for fear of seeing it.
Rant over. :lol:

Thing is though mate is that football & tennis are proper sports whereas cricket isn't... ;)

Gonna punch you in the face next time I see you :lol:

I love women's football and am enjoying the World Cup. Far less diving and cheating. I've reffed women's footy for about a decade now, it's getting better every year.

Are you an advocate of VAR Rob, another absolute fiasco tonight. In my opinion it's absolutely ruining the game?

VAR should only be used to correct clangers, it is being used far too much and what on earth is the point in 4 referee's looking at a decision and then getting the referee to look at it? The USA goal last night should have been disallowed instantly, the player was clearly offside and clearly had an impact on play - it is an embarrassment that 5 officials couldn't get the correct decision.

I think the more I see it in use the more I think we should follow Hockey and Cricket, the team captain gets one go at referring a decision each game, if the referral is upheld they keep the referral, if not they lose it and if they are victim of a clanger, tough.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:10 am

Rob wrote:

I think the more I see it in use the more I think we should follow Hockey and Cricket, the team captain gets one go at referring a decision each game, if the referral is upheld they keep the referral, if not they lose it and if they are victim of a clanger, tough.

I agree with that. Possibly get two rather than one (it's two in Test cricket, only one in one day internationals).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:53 am

Still sat here wondering how this thread is in the Stags related discussion forum
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:18 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:Still sat here wondering how this thread is in the Stags related discussion forum

Oh dear.

Get back to your inane and below average scribbling.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am

bellwhiff wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Still sat here wondering how this thread is in the Stags related discussion forum

Oh dear.

Very good. Is this thread stags related, though?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:09 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Oh dear.

Get out more.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Oh dear.

Get out more.

At least answer his question belly instead of just lightly abusing him.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:10 pm

This thread is about women's football and to be fair we do have a Mansfield Town women/ladies side...
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:This thread is about women's football and to be fair we do have a Mansfield Town women/ladies side...

And there's raspberry all else going on football wise.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:14 pm

VAR is useless at times, ruining the game. This tournament is highlighting everything that’s poor about it imo!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby RickyJ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:36 am

Majority of the England players will be earning more money than the Stags players do. Do I think they could beat the Stags though??? Doubt it.
Sarifo, Sarifo, Sarifo!!!
RickyJ
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby waddostag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:00 am

RickyJ wrote:Majority of the England players will be earning more money than the Stags players do. Do I think they could beat the Stags though??? Doubt it.

Not a chance, probably give the Direites a good game though.
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:02 am

RickyJ wrote:Majority of the England players will be earning more money than the Stags players do. Do I think they could beat the Stags though??? Doubt it.

With Carolyn championing women in football and with the recent rise of the England Women side can you imagine the hype and coverage of a game between a men's v women's side?

How's about arranging a friendly? It would further enhance the women's game and being selfish would put our club, owners etc. in the public spotlight too
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby RudyDude » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:10 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:

With Carolyn championing women in football and with the recent rise of the England Women side can you imagine the hype and coverage of a game between a men's v women's side?

How's about arranging a friendly? It would further enhance the women's game and being selfish would put our club, owners etc. in the public spotlight too

I don't think it would be allowed under FA Rules and it would probably result in anyone taking part or facilitating such a game being punished and sanctioned in some way.

Therefore never going to happen.

:mtfc:
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 am

RudyDude wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:

I don't think it would be allowed under FA Rules and it would probably result in anyone taking part or facilitating such a game being punished and sanctioned in some way.

:mtfc:

Could be done for charridee. There were women playing in the Unicef match last week.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 am

Or offer the ground as a venue for one of the friendly matches. Would probably be a sell out and good atmosphere
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Well I really would despair that our overarching footballing authorities ever contemplate that as an appropriate course of action! :shock: :roll: :o
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:

Well I really would despair that our overarching footballing authorities ever contemplate that as an appropriate course of action! :shock: :roll: :o

Just been watching the England v Cameroon game. Hardly magnificent!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:53 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:

No but very funny. Cameroon players very emotionally unstable. Reminds me of Tranmere!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Or offer the ground as a venue for one of the friendly matches. Would probably be a sell out and good atmosphere

Great idea but our capacity is not big enough to host one .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:43 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:

Well it wasn't dull :lol:

Abysmal refereeing again and pathetic behaviour from the Cameroon players. How that last challenge didn't merit a red card is just stunning! I thought the England players kept their calm remarkably well, especially after that challenge when a couple of the Cameroon players had completely lost it! France v Brazil now, Brazil are pretty much one of the few womens teams that try to cheat so for once I'll be pulling for the Froggies!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:41 pm

England have been shocking so far, and will get found out ,big time, against Norway.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:41 pm

That Cameroon captain was an absolute disgrace the way she treated the referee & the way she shouted at our players especially Houghton when she'd just been assaulted & was on the floor. She deserved a bit of treatment from that MP! :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:50 pm

I thought the standard of EFL L2 officials was bad. ..........!!!!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum