{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranny v Vegans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranny v Vegans

Postby HughesyStag89 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Who would you prefer to play at Wembley?

I think the Stags would be better suited to playing Tranmere and it would be a bigger crowd and better atmosphere.

FGR are one of those teams who could have a blinder on the day. Mark Cooper always looks a bit mental and he's already done us once at Wembley.

FGR !! We would our number them by 1 to 3 easy, tranmere are dangerous and can play good football, I’d rather go up by beating the worst than the better, all I and no doubt the rest of you want promotion ? I doubt I’d be sober enough to remember the win anyway :’)
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 pm

HughesyStag89 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Who would you prefer to play at Wembley?

I think the Stags would be better suited to playing Tranmere and it would be a bigger crowd and better atmosphere.

FGR are one of those teams who could have a blinder on the day. Mark Cooper always looks a bit mental and he's already done us once at Wembley.

FGR !! We would our number them by 1 to 3 easy, tranmere are dangerous and can play good football, I’d rather go up by beating the worst than the better, all I and no doubt the rest of you want promotion ? I doubt I’d be sober enough to remember the win anyway :’)

Both times we played tranny this year we played them off the park.

FGR can catch you out and gave us two good games this year.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Looks like Norwood is carrying an injury and doubt he would be effective at Wembley.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 11, 2019 5:28 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Should Tranmere have had a penalty courtesy of Lee Collins ?

Only with last night's ref

That's what I thought.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat May 11, 2019 8:04 am

FGR left back was best player on the pitch ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat May 11, 2019 8:14 am

Tranny might regret not finishing the job last night against ten men. Golden opportunity wasted.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat May 11, 2019 8:17 am

part time pete wrote:Looks like Norwood is carrying an injury and doubt he would be effective at Wembley.

it's two weeks until the final.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Marky Mark » Sat May 11, 2019 10:11 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Looks like Norwood is carrying an injury and doubt he would be effective at Wembley.

He's got an injury that he needs an op for, but playing through it till the end of the season - Mellon alluded to it a few weeks ago when it was reported that he'd be out till the end of the season, then miraculously appeared in the starting line up a few days later. He'd have had the op now if they hadn't got into the play-offs. So I'd imagine its something that will only get worse, which might be why he's struggling.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat May 11, 2019 10:22 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

He should of been sent off last night. The flying elbow on McGinley was a red on its own
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 11, 2019 10:48 am

From what I managed to see of the game... FGR played some decent football and Tranmere hoofed it and were quite dirty... not sure who id prefer to play.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 11:03 am

Tranmere are a solid side with less flair than FGR although they have the EFL's top scorer up front, James Norwood. I think our style of play is more suited to beating them. It will also be a bigger crowd and a better atmosphere. The Vegans play the better football and have more pace in their team and could be suited by playing on a decent pitch at Wembley. It didn't help us at MkDonalds FC though!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat May 11, 2019 11:12 am

I'm thinking Tranmere - Cooper and FGR are a good game-management team, he will set them up to contain and nullify us, try and get ahead and then kill them game. FGR score the first goal more than any other team in League 2 (equal with MK Dons), and have spent the least time trailing in the whole of League 2. I think Tranmere just go out and play. We've got to get past Newport first though, I thought 3-0 flattered us when we played them at home.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum