{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bring the Boy Home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bring the Boy Home

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Win or lose in the play offs it's time to say goodbye to DF n go out n get Daryl Clark to take the Stags forward
He's one of our own n knows what makes Mansfield fans breath n the pain we've had over the years......

BRING THE BOY HOME
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Re: Bring the Boy Home

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Win or lose in the play offs it's time to say goodbye to DF n go out n get Daryl Clark to take the Stags forward
He's one of our own n knows what makes Mansfield fans breath n the pain we've had over the years......

BRING THE BOY HOME

Who’s Daryl Clark ?

I’d much prefer Darrell Clarke.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Win or lose in the play offs it's time to say goodbye to DF n go out n get Daryl Clark to take the Stags forward

BRING THE BOY HOME

Who’s Daryl Clark ?

I’d much prefer Darrell Clarke.

Thank you for being my PA
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 04, 2019 9:36 pm

BRING THE BOY HOME

What makes you think he would want to come ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Sat May 04, 2019 9:36 pm

All theoretical of course...
George Foster is a Stags legend, the abuse he got at the end of his tenure was embarrassing. Adam Murray was abused too. If I was DC I'd seriously think about coming back to MTFC, ex-players never seem to work out.
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 pm

Flip Flop won’t walk & JR is too loyal
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Admiral Sook wrote:All theoretical of course...
George Foster is a Stags legend, the abuse he got at the end of his tenure was embarrassing. Adam Murray was abused too. If I was DC I'd seriously think about coming back to MTFC, ex-players never seem to work out.

Murray got away quite well I thought.

IMO our last few managers have had quite an easy time off the fans.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

Working for the best owners in the lower leagues?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

Hold on I'll flipping ask him

Daz why would like to manage Mansfield Town the team you played for since God was a lad n the team your dad supported n worked for as a Steward.......

Mmmmmm let me see oh yeah hes a local lad family still lives in the area n follows the Stags
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 9:42 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

Daz why would like to manage Mansfield Town the team you played for since God was a lad n the team your dad supported n worked for as a Steward.......

Mmmmmm let me see oh yeah hes a local lad family still lives in the area n follows the Stags

Plus he’d be working with the best owners in the league, a club with its own training ground, top three budget and great fans.

We’re a lower leagues managers fantasy.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 04, 2019 9:47 pm

George Foster n Adam Murray neither had a managerial promotion under their belt.......

As for DC he's got two one being out of this league
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sat May 04, 2019 9:52 pm

If DF fails to get us promoted via the play-offs, I think JR will have a very difficult decision to make. Stick with DF and run the risk of poor season tickets sales, or sack him and employ someone else, possibly Clarke. JR does seem loyal to his managers but he also has to build on the increased attendances this season. I honestly can't see that happening if we fail to get promoted and he sticks with DF.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Admiral Sook » Sat May 04, 2019 10:08 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

And that would make it very, very difficult to live in the area if he was a failure.
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby steiner » Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 pm

SINA STAG wrote:George Foster n Adam Murray neither had a managerial promotion under their belt.......

George won us promotion,,ironic that it was a gutsy last game of season win.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 04, 2019 11:29 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

Plus he’d be working with the best owners in the league, a club with its own training ground, top three budget and great fans.

So if he follows the Stags, he will know what kind of abuse he would get if he didn't full fill what he's supposed too on allegedly " the biggest budget in the league ".
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:24 am

fgs this season must be the only year of profit for our owners.
Why would you sack a manager who in his first full season has improved us on last season.
We've done better than the year before and better than the year before that.
Let's improve again next year, it's all we want surely.
Are we really ready for league 1?
It's a very young side and walker won't be here next season.
The Radfords are learning every year and are improving every year.
It's about bloody time the supporters started improving.
Sorry I'm wrong about that it's time I stopped listening to 20 on here out of 5000 who believe.
1-1 Newport away 3-0 at home.
The final at Wembley we win on penalties and I miss last train home.
:coys: :coys:
Best year since "....".
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 05, 2019 12:36 am

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

So if he follows the Stags, he will know what kind of abuse he would get if he didn't full fill what he's supposed too on allegedly " the biggest budget in the league ".

Like I said elsewhere......our previous managers haven’t really had dogs abuse even Flitcroft at the moment or end of last season wasnt getting it really apart from Messageboards.

Every manager comes in for criticism if there doing a bad job....it’s not just a problem which is isolated to Mansfield.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun May 05, 2019 4:10 am

chip63 wrote:fgs this season must be the only year of profit for our owners.
Why would you sack a manager who in his first full season has improved us on last season.

But has he? Where were we when he first came in & where are we now? Doesn’t seem like any progress has been made to me (unless we go up in the play offs)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 am

Dan wrote:

But has he? Where were we when he first came in & where are we now? Doesn’t seem like any progress has been made to me (unless we go up in the play offs)

League position no, style of football yes albeit nerves have taken over and our fast paced attacking 'football' has gone by the board, in favour of hoofball.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 05, 2019 5:56 am

pemill wrote:
Dan wrote:

League position no, style of football yes albeit nerves have taken over and our fast paced attacking 'football' has gone by the board, in favour of hoofball.

Since Boxing Day the standard of football has been just as bad to watch as brand Evans, more frustrating because we've seen they can be so much better.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 05, 2019 6:28 am

I said on a previous thread that the decision should be based not on results but on how we are playing.

As pointed out we haven't played well for three months or more (apart from the odd game) and hand on heart don't look favourites to win promotion. If we go down without a whimper, he should go as it would appear he can't do it when it counts. Play with spirit and skill and he should be given longer as we have been unlucky with injuries and he may be able to deliver.

We must remember though that every man and his dog knew we were too light in the forward department with no realistic plan b option. That was true in August and not just January and ultimately our failure to kill teams off is coming home to haunt us. 5-3-2 is wonderful to watch when it works but you have to be flexible enough to adapt when things go against you. We have played too many long high balls of late without anyone to control and distribute them.

I will make my mind up after the playoffs but just repeating recent mistakes should point to a P45. We have to rebuild anyway (loans going back etc) so it may as well be with a new man if necessary.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 05, 2019 6:36 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Flip Flop won’t walk & JR is too loyal

And why should he walk
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 05, 2019 6:39 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

BRING THE BOY HOME

Great fans ,only if he gets us promoted at his first attempt if not you would be calling for his head
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun May 05, 2019 9:06 am

steiner wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:George Foster n Adam Murray neither had a managerial promotion under their belt.......

Was that his team from start to finish or did George take over to see us over the line

TBH I can't remember
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 am

SINA STAG wrote:
steiner wrote:

Was that his team from start to finish or did George take over to see us over the line

TBH I can't remember

It was all George. He took us down, got us back up, then took us down again. Like all previous Stags bosses though George Foster worked under great financial restrictions.

I thought the stick GF got was harsh under the circumstances.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum