{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Plastics Scorefred sponsored by We CAN do it!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Plastics Scorefred sponsored by We CAN do it!

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Conker wrote:Ben turner was brilliant to be fair.

This.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 04, 2019 5:17 pm

best game in a stags shirt, my man of the match
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat May 04, 2019 5:27 pm

On the other side, CJ Hamilton was a disgrace, and no that’s not me over emotional - he didn’t look arsed or bothered, he should be ashamed.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Bradders wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Rose should have started, CJ should have gone rwb or the bench. He's looked leggy past few games. I did point out he's played 100s more minutes than Tyler walker. We need to rest him against Newport on Thursday keep making him go for 90 minutes.

We still didn't score when tactics changed. Not enough character in the squad.

We looked more likely to score than in the 1st half. Once they went 1-0 they just had to defend after half time and look to hit us on the counter. Force us to rush then mistakes creep in and it's easier to hit us on the break. Should have been Rose on for Macca and CJ at RWB the second he made the sub in the first half.

The only thing I can think of for selections is he's already looking at next season in terms of personnel. That's the only reason I can think of why he's bombed out all the loan players, bar our top scorer, in recent games. Started with Smith, then Grant went and now Jones. I'm sorry but for me it's Jones or CJ for RWB. Not Atkinson, not macdonald. They are your 2 options there David pick one. If its cj then you've got to start Rose up front. If it's Jones then it's 2 of Walker, Rose or CJ up front. The rest pretty much pick themselves.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Conker wrote:On the other side, CJ Hamilton was a disgrace, and no that’s not me over emotional - he didn’t look arsed or bothered, he should be ashamed.

He hasn't done for a while (Exeter aside), but will still be in the starting line-up come Thursday..... he's one who Flitcroft will not drop. Should be coming on as an impact player at the moment to run at tried legs.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby joelevansjoel » Sat May 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Shouldn’t really be singling players out as barely any of them turned up today but CJ was awful, looked scared to death anytime the ball came near him and looked to be hiding. MacDonald let rip at him in the second half.
joelevansjoel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat May 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Macca played very well second half as did Turner.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat May 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Macca did superbly when he was moved to his actual position. Tisdale got MK promoted after only 1 year in charge...The way some go on thats impossible and DF is doing the best job ever as he has 'only' had 15 months. He is a shocking manager who should go.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:00 pm

DF has to take full responsibility for today’s result. His starting 11 cost us promotion.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat May 04, 2019 6:04 pm

I thought Turner and Sweeney were our strongest performers
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 04, 2019 7:30 pm

CJ was (yet again) a wasted shirt. He couldn’t even skin a 50 yo Lewington. Benning had a ‘mare too.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 pm

Man of the match, is an easy choice today. The lad in the olive green coat who was thumping anything in front of him in the pitch after the final.whistle. He showed the fight and desire we have been missing.

Whoever you are, I salute you!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:CJ was (yet again) a wasted shirt. He couldn’t even skin a 50 yo Lewington. Benning had a ‘mare too.

He played in 4 positions again though. The manager has to take some of the blame for playing CJ out of position.

He’s not clever enough to play up top.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat May 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Some of our fans behaviour is completely embarrassing. It wouldn't surprise me if the club were punished with the antics seen after the final whistle today
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:CJ was (yet again) a wasted shirt. He couldn’t even skin a 50 yo Lewington. Benning had a ‘mare too.

He played in 4 positions again though. The manager has to take some of the blame for playing CJ out of position.

He’s not clever enough to play up top.

Or strong enough
Or has any positional sense
Or has any anticipation
Or has any speed of thought
Or has a good touch

Apart from that he looks good up front
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Some of our fans behaviour is completely embarrassing. It wouldn't surprise me if the club were punished with the antics seen after the final whistle today

They are not fans, they only turn up to County, Chesterfield etc.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Some of our fans behaviour is completely embarrassing. It wouldn't surprise me if the club were punished with the antics seen after the final whistle today

It happens, doesn’t help when the home fans first thought is to come rushing over goading. Noticed they dint come any further once they saw a few stags breaking the security line.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Was indeed poor.

But at the same stage it was instigated by MK
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat May 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Outnumbered? Yes. Out gunned? No.
It may not be what we want to see but they fought their corner for Mansfield can we say that of the previous 90 minutes? A resounding No!

I am not condoning their behaviour but pointing out that when called upon some rise to the occasion. As similes go it is not the most politically correct but the most apt!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat May 04, 2019 8:58 pm

I was sat really close to the MK fans and honestly never felt like I was being provoked, although in the corner where it kicked off there may have been some provocation.

Regardless though the way some of ours behaved was still a disgrace. We'll be moaning about the gate being shut next week!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum