{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Stevenage game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Stevenage game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:00 am

video: Tyler Walker scores for Mansfield against Stevenage

brief highlights, produced by EFL
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Stevenage game

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:05 am

Oh dear, some wanted to play Macca rwb, doesn't go and close down for the winner lets him have a free hit
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:08 am

Their loan player Chair was the difference. Grant was doing similar for us when he first arrived, but sadly now looks a shadow of himself.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:34 am

Grant is rubbish came with a big reputation but now we all know how raspberry he really is....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:48 am

Amber Andy wrote:Their loan player Chair was the difference. Grant was doing similar for us when he first arrived, but sadly now looks a shadow of himself.

He reminded me of Otis Khan, but better quality. Will shoot from anywhere outside the box.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:56 am

SINA STAG wrote:Grant is rubbish came with a big reputation but now we all know how raspberry he really is....
Grant is a very good player. He proved that last season with Notts County, and with us in his first three games. In fact some posters on here were comparing him withLawrence and Murray. Recently his form has badly dipped.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:59 am

Amber Andy wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Grant is rubbish came with a big reputation but now we all know how raspberry he really is....
Grant is a very good player. He proved that last season with Notts County, and with us in his first three games. In fact some posters on here were comparing him withLawrence and Murray. Recently his form has badly dipped.

Andy, I admire your defending all things Stags but he's garbage
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

He isn't garbage. Notts County wanted him back this season, but he went to play top of League 1 with Luton. I agree his latest performances have been poor, but he's a gifted footballer.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

He isn't garbage. Notts County wanted him back this season, but he went to play top of League 1 with Luton. I agree his latest performances have been poor, but he's a gifted footballer.

No he isn't, County fans found out he was a lazy show pony once his mate Yates went to Scunny and Luton sent him back!!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

No he isn't, County fans found out he was a lazy show pony once his mate Yates went to Scunny and Luton sent him back!!!!!!

Grant is clearly a talented individual. He just hasn’t used this talent consistently well in the Stags team (apart from the first couple of games).
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:12 pm

If we end up in the play-offs we might need to rely on a bit of Grant magic!

Personally I think Grant is a better footballer than either Macca or Rose (who can't seem to do anything wrong in some people's eyes). I agree Grant's form has dipped and has been disappointing of late - but to call him 'garbage' is ridiculous. I am sure he will show us what we (and he) were missing at some point in the future.

In the meantime - get behind the lad ...... he might just fire us to promotion! ;)
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:31 pm

No surprise Macca was poor for the 2nd goal. He is unfit and terrible on the ball. No idea why some fans like him or suggest him starting, he should be a million miles away from the squad...Atkinson would be better at RWB.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Macca is playing unfit that’s clear to see. Why didn’t he try young Hakeem? He wouldn’t be any worse surely. I’ve never seen him play, so those who have could comment.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:32 am

Let's put it this way with Grant hes had 2 seasons out on loan from a bang average Championship club he went to County last season with them riding high top of the league in their fans even said he was lazy he went to Luton the best flowing attacking football team in division 1 n they sent him packing he arrived here played a couple of good games scored a very good dead ball free kick from around 25 yards n since then as gone lazy in a team in the top 3 of division 2 I'm no footballing genius but there seems to be a pattern in the lads DNA in playing for the team or making at least an effort in every game.....

No he's not Garbage he's . waste of a shirt when he plays n saying all this he will be released by Forest n finish up with his flash car n posing boots in a division 2 club. I wouldn't like to see him in team fighting off relegation....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:01 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:46 am

SINA STAG wrote:Let's put it this way with Grant hes had 2 seasons out on loan from a bang average Championship club he went to County last season with them riding high top of the league in their fans even said he was lazy he went to Luton the best flowing attacking football team in division 1 n they sent him packing he arrived here played a couple of good games scored a very good dead ball free kick from around 25 yards n since then as gone lazy in a team in the top 3 of division 2 I'm no footballing genius but there seems to be a pattern in the lads DNA in playing for the team or making at least an effort in every game.....

No he's not Garbage he's . waste of a shirt when he plays n saying all this he will be released by Forest n finish up with his flash car n posing boots in a division 2 club. I wouldn't like to see him in team fighting off relegation....

Grant is a match winner on his day, sadly they haven't been often enough, maybe the injury is hampering him, who knows. Fact is he must be on the bench at the very least Saturday and must play some part if we need a goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:48 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

Martin stop punishing people especially the ones who have an opinion on Grant it was enough paying to watch the game live without reliving the game again 48 hours later.......

N your removal of my comment earlier if I was a paying customer n getting no value for money from certain players I would put it in writing how I feel about their effort n performance.......

Oh my mistake I do pay to watch them n have payed to watch the Stags since 1974 perhaps I shouldn't have an opinion as a paying customer......

Oh we will have to agree to disagree n in future I'll pick my words differently towards how I'm feeling when I see the lack of effort being shown time n time again.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
MTFCMusings wrote:.

Grant is a match winner on his day, sadly they haven't been often enough, maybe the injury is hampering him, who knows. Fact is he must be on the bench at the very least Saturday and must play some part if we need a goal.[/quote]
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

16 games, four goals, two assists.

Only two players have scored more goals in the league (one of which you also want to be dropped coincidentally).
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:16 games, four goals, two assists.

Only two players have scored more goals in the league (one of which you also want to be dropped coincidentally).

You may find other players especially the ones playing in defence have similar goal totals n even more assists but eh dont let my postings get in the way of your love for Grant personally I think he's let say not what Mansfield require to get us over the line to division 1.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:45 pm

“What a goal from Walker”

:lol:

Route one football at its finest.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:20 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

You may find other players especially the ones playing in defence have similar goal totals n even more assists but eh dont let my postings get in the way of your love for Grant personally I think he's let say not what Mansfield require to get us over the line to division 1.....

No reason to play Grant when we have that quality winger Tomlinsoh eh?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:24 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

I'm not going to slag Grant off, it is you who slags players and managers off, but what I will say is that DF's team selection on Sat was spot on and Grant did not deserve his place in the first eleven. Tomlinson is class, a great signing who will be fantastic next season.

Now you crack on and wallow in your own steaming dogdo fellah.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 am

Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

I'm not going to slag Grant off, it is you who slags players and managers off, but what I will say is that DF's team selection on Sat was spot on and Grant did not deserve his place in the first eleven. Tomlinson is class, a great signing who will be fantastic next season.

Now you crack on and wallow in your own steaming dogdo fellah.

I totally agree....Twas a sarcastic response to another thread where Tomlinson was suggested as a left winger. Good morning though pal
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:12 am

Tomlinson is definitely one of the players who have not handled the pressure at all well, but he's a young lad. At Northampton and on Saturday he hoofed it as far away from goal at every opportunity, lack of composure.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum