{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Why won't anyone say it?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Why won't anyone say it?

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:49 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:DF doesnt have plan B

N here lies the problem my team for MK

LOGAN
JONES PRESTON KP SWEENY
MACCA BISHOP MELLIS TOMLISON
ROSE WALKER
4 4 2

GRANT
CJ
BENNING
ZAK
SMITH
AN OTHER

To change it if required plan B

Thank lord you are not the manager with that team :lol:

Explain your post ?

Our wide options...A centre back and a defensive centre mid on the left. On the right we have Jones who is bang average and Macca who is never a winger in a million years.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
Rob wrote:Someone please tell them we are 3rd.

Forum full of drama queens, it’s very embarrassing.

So many raspberry on such a small forum :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 pm

LOGAN
JONES PRESTON KP SWEENY
ROSE WALKER
4 4 2

GRANT
CJ
BENNING
ZAK
SMITH
ATKINSON
TURNER

Jesus christ :lol: :lol:

How many beers have you had?

If I got to MK and that was the team I would turn around and drive straight back.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:56 pm

We've not played any differentley....weve just been found out. Watch games back before you argue the toss
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 am

ParisStag wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Find it really bizarre how some folk talk about how lovely our football is. An occasional flash of passing but generally we are very dull to watch.

Do you remember the Cox and Murray days??

Personally I think it's been a good season for football. Not been perfect every game, but it's far better than any of the dross Evans Murray or Cox served us
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:32 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

LOGAN
JONES PRESTON KP SWEENY
ROSE WALKER
4 4 2

GRANT
CJ
BENNING
ZAK
SMITH
ATKINSON
TURNER

Jesus christ :lol: :lol:

How many beers have you had?

If I got to MK and that was the team I would turn around and drive straight back.

About 10 Brandy n Cokes (Home Measures) :lol: :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:08 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Find it really bizarre how some folk talk about how lovely our football is. An occasional flash of passing but generally we are very dull to watch.

Personally I think it's been a good season for football. Not been perfect every game, but it's far better than any of the dross Evans Murray or Cox served us

Spot on Bobby, but it doesn’t help after yesterday. We need a big clear out if we go up and a fairly big clear out if we don’t, apart from the defence that is.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:34 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

LOGAN
JONES PRESTON KP SWEENY
ROSE WALKER
4 4 2

GRANT
CJ
BENNING
ZAK
SMITH
AN OTHER

Explain your post ?

If DF starts with the team you posted above then he should be fired on the spot by JR.

No explanation, then?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 am

Chander Lear wrote:We've not played any differentley....weve just been found out. Watch games back before you argue the toss

Totally agree

Managers who come to the One Call and play 3 up front or stop us playing the ball out from the back then know we have to go long and create nothing.
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 am

We need to score first. When we score first we don't lose.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:11 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

LOGAN
JONES PRESTON KP SWEENY
ROSE WALKER
4 4 2

GRANT
CJ
BENNING
ZAK
SMITH
AN OTHER

Explain your post ?

If DF starts with the team you posted above then he should be fired on the spot by JR.

No explanation, then?

Does it need one? It’s probably a bit attacking for you.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:15 am

MTFCMusings wrote:We need to score first. When we score first we don't lose.

You have to be on the front foot and get bodies in the box for that. We high pressed and did it up till Xmas and have only done it against Morecambe the other week since.
We played 20 yards further up the pitch 5 months ago now we just sit too deep, surely the managers directives???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 am

I'd play the same team that started yesterday but swap CJ for Rose. This is purely based on a crazy idea I had where we play players in their best positions. MK need to go for it. They will press us high up the pitch and we will go long, let's at least have a fighting chance of winning a long clearance. This will have a secondary effect of springing a tactical surprise.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:52 am

ParisStag wrote:

I certainly do. The incredible run in the promotion season. The win against Hereford and then the Wrexham game that cemented promotion. If only we can have a repeat performance away at MK Dons on Saturday like the one at Hereford I will be delighted.

The players may not have been as skilful and the football not as easy on the eye, but they knew what was expected of them and got the job done.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:41 am

It's been a poor league all season look at Lincoln play big hoof football n they've walked the league if we do go up with Bury n whoever else from 6 who could get in n out through the playoffs that's n big IF we go up through the automatic places I can see all 4 teams promoted struggling in league 1 next season without major investment in a team who can compete or fight in league 1
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:12 pm

The style of football has changed throughout the season. It amounts to a few things:

- A bigger emphasis on results rather than performance as the season progress;
- A understandable tension in the players (and supporters!) as we move towards crunch time;
- The loss of Bobby. Since he has been injured we’ve been far less inclined to play out from the back. He started out attacks and our early season possession based game. His replacements haven’t been able to maintain his high standards in that regard;
- the subtle change in shape to bring Grant in the team unsettled our midfield, and knocked Mellis out of form. Likewise trying to find a role for McDonald; and
- losing White was obviously a big blow. It meant our only real attacking outlet has been CJ and Benning down the left. Cut that supply line off and we struggle.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

You have to be on the front foot and get bodies in the box for that. We high pressed and did it up till Xmas and have only done it against Morecambe the other week since.
We played 20 yards further up the pitch 5 months ago now we just sit too deep, surely the managers directives???

We played on the front foot yesterday, we just didn't play as well as we have could. There's a difference between having negative intent and not playing very well.

Anyone wanting CJ benched is quite frankly deranged, even more so if they think it actually could happen. Listen to every team mates video, CJ is always the 'teachers pet' and 'wrapped in cotton wool'. There's no chance, rightly so.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

We played on the front foot yesterday, we just didn't play as well as we have could. There's a difference between having negative intent and not playing very well.

Anyone wanting CJ benched is quite frankly deranged, even more so if they think it actually could happen. Listen to every team mates video, CJ is always the 'teachers pet' and 'wrapped in cotton wool'. There's no chance, rightly so.

Really, you watched a different game to me yesterday, they were better all over the pitch and first to everything, apart from once!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Really, you watched a different game to me yesterday, they were better all over the pitch and first to everything, apart from once!!

Which again, is completely different to saying we were not 'on the front foot'. You don't seem to understand what you're even saying.

We had more possession, more shots, more corners. How is that not 'on the front foot'.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Which again, is completely different to saying we were not 'on the front foot'. You don't seem to understand what you're even saying.

You condescending dope, I know exactly what I'm saying. We were never on the front foot, they dominated the first half due to the wind and the second half bar 5 minutes due to their short sharp passing and first to every loose ball.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:29 pm

They didn't dominate it all. It's worse that I thought if you do actually know what you're saying. They had a good twenty minute spell between 20mins and 40mins. We had the better opening 20 mins. If that's your idea of domination then so be it.

In the second half they had two shots and scored them both. One of those after we had thrown all bodies forward for a winner. Read the match report to jog your memory, it's failing you.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:They didn't dominate it all. It's worse that I thought if you do actually know what you're saying. They had a good twenty minute spell between 20mins and 40mins. We had the better opening 20 mins. If that's your idea of domination then so be it.

In the second half they had two shots and scored them both. One of those after we had thrown all bodies forward for a winner. Read the match report to jog your memory, it's failing you.

I thought we started well on the front foot too, the first 20 minutes it was all us then Stevenage began to grow into the game up until half time.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:They didn't dominate it all. It's worse that I thought if you do actually know what you're saying. They had a good twenty minute spell between 20mins and 40mins. We had the better opening 20 mins. If that's your idea of domination then so be it.

Ok you watch and defend capitulation, I've read the report "poor performance".

The goal and a parried Mellis shot is all we mustered, oh I forgot Benning thinking he could score from every corner that became monotonous.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Ok you watch and defend capitulation, I've read the report "poor performance".

The goal and a parried Mellis shot is all we mustered, oh I forgot Benning thinking he could score from every corner that became monotonous.

The problem is you are equating a poor performance to a lack of intent. They are two separate things. There is no doubt it was a poor performance, but we didn't lack intent, we just couldn't execute it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:46 pm

We did try. No one gave in. The difference was they handled playing against the wind better than us and their finishing was so much better.

It would be crazy to drop CJ. His finishing is lacking at the moment but so is Danny Rose's. They both missed good chances yesterday.

With MK Dons having to go for a win, we could hit them on the break which is more suited to CJ's type of play, and Walker for that matter.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum