{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

For the Love of God

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: For the Love of God

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:55 am

Please cut out the calling each other names. Thank you.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:01 am

Sneag wrote:Logan was our best player in a must win game.

+ Walker
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 am

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:We will get three points next Saturday and all this heartache will be forgotten.

Not playing like today we won’t
something has to change

I assumed you would pop up.

You must be delighted with todays result as it gives you the opportunity to whine.

We need to back the boys next week in what is effectively a cup final. If it doesnt work we go in the play offs.

If that doesn’t work we go next year

Coys

you think i don’t care & am delighted with the result ?

after all these years you make a statement like that! wow i moan because i care, did you really just say that ?

we don’t agree on a lot of things Yorkie that’s fine however that’s showing no class and i exspected better from you sadly :oops:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:

+ Walker

I thought Walker was poor and only really showed any effort for the 5 minutes either side of his goal. Suddenly then he showed the pace effort and strength lacking for the other 80 mins

All about opinion I guess
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:28 am

Kenwood wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

+ Walker

I thought Walker was poor and only really showed any effort for the 5 minutes either side of his goal. Suddenly then he showed the pace effort and strength lacking for the other 80 mins

I thought he was the only player who wanted to get the ball down and link it up with others.

Like you said, it’s all about different opinions!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:53 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

+ Walker

I thought he was the only player who wanted to get the ball down and link it up with others.

Tyler job is to score goals and he did that again so you could say he did what was asked, I just think he’s capable of more especially at this level

I thought the only outfield player who showed bravery on the ball and likely to create was Benning who was excellent
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 am

Kenwood wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

+ Walker

Tyler job is to score goals and he did that again so you could say he did what was asked, I just think he’s capable of more especially at this level

I thought the only outfield player who showed bravery on the ball and likely to create was Benning who was excellent

It’s all about service as a striker as well. When CJ, Mellis, Jones and Benning (thought his final ball was poor yesterday) were misfiring, then all you can do is feed off scraps. That’s what he did from Logan’s long ball!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:48 pm

I often wonder if some on here are A. Mansfield fans B. Have any clue about football at all.
Next week is set up perfect for CJ.
Like Exeter away he will thrive on a big pitch and a team who will be attacking us.

CJ will fire us into league 1 next week mark my words.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I often wonder if some on here are A. Mansfield fans B. Have any clue about football at all.
Next week is set up perfect for CJ.
Like Exeter away he will thrive on a big pitch and a team who will be attacking us.

CJ will fire us into league 1 next week mark my words.

I hope you right Dunno. My point, probably not well made whist fuming last night, was that CJ's form has been undermined by his 'undropable/unsubable' status IMO.

He's still young he's played in virtually every game this season and one or two flashes apart he's been a shadow of the player he was before Christmas.

It's also no coincidence that our form has dipped with his. So the question remain would the whole club have benefitted from CJ being allowed a couple of weeks rest in January?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum