{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fill the One call next saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fill the One call next saturday

Postby Uppityrstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 am

As already mentioned, it does seem a great shame we cannot split either QLE or the north stand. As of yesterday Stevenage had sold 146 tickets, so we really have missed out on a chance to get a home support of 7000 or more . Either way, the mill will be rocking, COYS!
Uppityrstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 am

This limited ground capacity/SAG/ticketing system/only having 3 sides of the stadium needs sorting out ASAP - especially if we are promoted.

The sooner we build a new stand on Bishop St. the better! I know you are probably fed up of me banging on about it .... but there really is a case for having a proper 4 sided stadium like everyone else has, and it is good that the majority now recognise that it is more important than a hotel.

Anyway, we can talk about a new Bishop st. stand in the summer - Today is all about what happens on the pitch. Come on you Stags - don't bottle it. Go out there, give it 100% and show your class. You are good enough and deserve to be promoted. You have the backing of wonderful owners and fans.... now go and grab that prize!

:coys:
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:11 am

If were going to do work on the bishop street then extra work in the north to add segregation needs looking at with also new ticketing policy’s where all tickets are available online.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:32 am

MTFCMAD wrote:If were going to do work on the bishop street then extra work in the north to add segregation needs looking at with also new ticketing policy’s where all tickets are available online.

Agreed. Given that a new east stand will probably only hold approx. 2,000 ...... it would advantageous to have flexibility with segregation in both the East and North stand - in order to accommodate a really large away following, or in the less likely event where we can sell 8,000+ home seats and are playing against a team that only brings a few hundred supporters. Initially we could probably get away with just making the new east stand flexible segregation - as the latter scenario is less likely at the moment.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Vice President wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:If were going to do work on the bishop street then extra work in the north to add segregation needs looking at with also new ticketing policy’s where all tickets are available online.

Agreed. Given that a new east stand will probably only hold approx. 2,000 ...... it would advantageous to have flexibility with segregation in both the East and North stand - in order to accommodate a really large away following, or in the less likely event where we can sell 8,000+ home seats and are playing against a team that only brings a few hundred supporters. Initially we could probably get away with just making the new east stand flexible segregation - as the latter scenario is less likely at the moment.

Sorted. I think between us we have found the perfect solution assuming the club and the Radford's ambition is sustained. This issue is a minor one compared to the Bolton and Bury ones. COYS.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:14 pm

We filled the ground and turned up.

Did the side? No.

Rinse and repeat.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Vice President wrote:This limited ground capacity/SAG/ticketing system/only having 3 sides of the stadium needs sorting out ASAP - especially if we are promoted.

The sooner we build a new stand on Bishop St. the better! I know you are probably fed up of me banging on about it .... but there really is a case for having a proper 4 sided stadium like everyone else has, and it is good that the majority now recognise that it is more important than a hotel.

Anyway, we can talk about a new Bishop st. stand in the summer - Today is all about what happens on the pitch. Come on you Stags - don't bottle it. Go out there, give it 100% and show your class. You are good enough and deserve to be promoted. You have the backing of wonderful owners and fans.... now go and grab that prize!

:coys:

How many times a season do we actually fill it though? We only just sold out todays game. I needs doing I just don’t see why spending a ton of money of something and spreading fans out would be useful
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Okay explain how a fully sold out home end equates to 6,100 fans?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Sneag wrote:Okay explain how a fully sold out home end equates to 6,100 fans?

Agree. So embarrassing again. Other teams would actually fill it. Joke.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:44 pm

I think the home capacity is about 7,000. Take 10% off equals 6,300, so not far off full for a non all ticket game.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:48 pm

MTFC ticketing policy. SAG. Ineptitude.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Rob wrote:

I think the home capacity is about 7,000. Take 10% off equals 6,300, so not far off full for a non all ticket game.

The official website said 6,407 sold Friday night. So 300 or so didn't turn up?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:42 pm

There were two season ticket holders in front of us who didn't turn up.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:45 pm

part time pete wrote:There were two season ticket holders in front of us who didn't turn up.

Probably could see what was going to happen ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:58 pm

part time pete wrote:There were two season ticket holders in front of us who didn't turn up.

Well if they were in front of you ,they must have been there

I should have added ' who normally sit' ;) ;)
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

The official website said 6,407 sold Friday night. So 300 or so didn't turn up?

Dunno mate, it does need sorting and we need a segregation plan for the North and a new Bishop St.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Agree. So embarrassing again. Other teams would actually fill it. Joke.

So true.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Who cares how many turned up?

The players didn’t turn up to play. It was windy against us in the first half but we had it in our favour in the second half.

Not good enough, dress it up how you like but Flitcroft is on the verge of throwing our dreams away.

Dave - sort it out. Win the first and second ball, pass the chuffing thing short, stop banging it long and get back to playing it how we know we can.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum