{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fill the One call next saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fill the One call next saturday

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am

adamstag wrote:So is there another 700 or so on sale today?

Who knows?!!!

Woeful.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:57 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?!!!

Woeful.

It does make me laugh, it’s chaos each time.

If we go up I hope there are some serious conversations and meetings about how to handle a “big crowd”
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:00 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Best to let anybody you know, who are looking to buy tickets, that there are approximately 700 tickets available tomorrow, then. Hard work this ticket selling! No wonder we struggle to make capacity crowds.

There are 40 tickets left for home fans (or were, when the last announcement was made). That is it.

If a game is not all-ticket, you can only sell 90% of capacity for each part of the ground. This is EFL rules if I remember correctly.

That's the rule if the club has said that tickets will be available on match day. Clearly, they are saying that no tickets will be sold on match day, hence the confusion - why does that rule still apply?
I suspect that they failed to declare the match all-ticket, so even though there will be 10% spare capacity in the home areas today they couldn't sell those tickets in advance, and today don't want to deal with turning fans away who were expecting to pay on the day. It's simpler to tell them all to stay away.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:07 am

Bradders wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Best to let anybody you know, who are looking to buy tickets, that there are approximately 700 tickets available tomorrow, then. Hard work this ticket selling! No wonder we struggle to make capacity crowds.

There are 40 tickets left for home fans (or were, when the last announcement was made). That is it.

If a game is not all-ticket, you can only sell 90% of capacity for each part of the ground. This is EFL rules if I remember correctly.

That's the rule if the club has said that tickets will be available on match day. Clearly, they are saying that no tickets will be sold on match day, hence the confusion - why does that rule still apply?
I suspect that they failed to declare the match all-ticket, so even though there will be 10% spare capacity in the home areas today they couldn't sell those tickets in advance, and today don't want to deal with turning fans away who were expecting to pay on the day. It's simpler to tell them all to stay away.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear :shock:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:31 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?!!!

Woeful.

No. The tickets have sold out. For a game that is not all-ticket, you can only sell 90% of the seats (according to EFL rules). They have all been sold.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:38 am

I’m curious as to what this rule is in place for?

If no-one can get in on the day, what do they expect us going to happen?

If folk are going to be locked out today it makes more sense to have been allowed to sell the 10pc and that happen anyway.

So we’re going to have a 6,500 sell out in a ground which holds 9,200? :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:43 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?!!!

Woeful.

No. The tickets have sold out. For a game that is not all-ticket, you can only sell 90% of the seats (according to EFL rules). They have all been sold.

Shirley all our games are 'all ticket'. Wasn't the whole point of removing cash turnstiles part of the SAG induced hoop jumping the club had to go through to get back to full capacity? Which as it turns out is no where near full capacity, with 300 seats netted off in the NS as well as this insane 10% restriction.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 am

adamstag wrote:I’m curious as to what this rule is in place for?

I can't answer that. But it's not a new rule. It's certainly been the case for all the time we've back in the EFL.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:50 am

Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?!!!

Woeful.

Shirley all our games are 'all ticket'. Wasn't the whole point of removing cash turnstiles part of the SAG induced hoop jumping the club had to go through to get back to full capacity? Which as it turns out is no where near full capacity, with 300 seats netted off in the NS as well as this insane 10% restriction.

"all ticket" means you declare that everyone has to buy a ticket BEFORE the day of the game. ie up until the day before. This game was not declared "all ticket", I presume because the club thought it would not sell out on Friday.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:50 am

I posted this on the followers facebook page yesterday in response to someone's comment and I'll paste it again here:

I guess the choices were: 1) make it all-ticket, but have to stop selling on Friday night. 2) don't make it all ticket, but you can only sell 90% of the seats. The club chose 2). I think when that decision would have had to have been made a few days ago, it looked a sensible one. In an ideal world, the North stand could have been used for home fans, but my understanding is SAG and in particular the police, would not have allowed that, unless someone knows otherwise.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:54 am

Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?!!!

Woeful.

Lincoln sold tickets on the day against us at sincil bank and the crowd was 9,773 in a ground which holds 10,100. I know 3 Lincoln fans and 2 have confirmed this and they can pay on the day while having similar crowds.

Now either arithmetic isn’t a strong suit in Lincolnshire, they broke rules or were being lied to (not a dig at you if you’re reading this Martin)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:00 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I posted this on the followers facebook page yesterday in response to someone's comment and I'll paste it again here:

I guess the choices were: 1) make it all-ticket, but have to stop selling on Friday night. 2) don't make it all ticket, but you can only sell 90% of the seats. The club chose 2). I think when that decision would have had to have been made a few days ago, it looked a sensible one. In an ideal world, the North stand could have been used for home fans, but my understanding is SAG and in particular the police, would not have allowed that, unless someone knows otherwise.

Martin, I think myself, like many despair at the lack of transparency of the decision making. It is clear that there are rules and criteria to be met for each fixture based upon varying situations (League position, opposition, ticketing promotions etc) but if the framework for the decision making was clearer at an early stage this may assist some of the floating, walk up and occasional fans make the decision of whether to attend earlier. This applies not just to the SAG decisions but also to the way the ticketing system operates.

Steve Hymas said on previous threads that he would be taking genuine concerns to the board meeting relating to the above. Has he posted of the outcome or is there still opportunity to contact Steve for further items to be raised?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:03 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Steve Hymas said on previous threads that he would be taking genuine concerns to the board meeting relating to the above. Has he posted of the outcome or is there still opportunity to contact Steve for further items to be raised?

I don't know.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:05 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Steve Hymas said on previous threads that he would be taking genuine concerns to the board meeting relating to the above. Has he posted of the outcome or is there still opportunity to contact Steve for further items to be raised?

I don't know.

Steve, once you have sobered up tomorrow after celebrating this evening any chance you could let the masses of Stagsnet know.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 am

There are plenty of seats available on the day in the North Stand if you dont wear colours.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 am

Mr.Hymas was moaning about slow tickets sales on Thursday morning. Now when we have people crying out for tickets on the day, we have none to sell. I doubt that he is the person to go to ,with any observations on the situation!.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 am

People are saying this needs sorting before next season, but realistically, how many of those games will we "sell out". I'm sure the radfords will look at those fixtures and make some all ticket, Sunderland, Lincoln etc. But I expect for the rest, if we aren't challenging, then the crowds will settle back down to 5000, maybe lower. This has only arisen because it's the last home game, if we were p,suing someone who was bringing 1000 fans, no one would be moaning as the club are following the rules put in p,ace by the efl and sag, it isn't their fault.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:29 am

I find it such a shame that we was only able to sell under 6,500 tickets for the home end for such a important game.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:36 am

1970Stag wrote:People are saying this needs sorting before next season, but realistically, how many of those games will we "sell out". I'm sure the radfords will look at those fixtures and make some all ticket, Sunderland, Lincoln etc. But I expect for the rest, if we aren't challenging, then the crowds will settle back down to 5000, maybe lower. This has only arisen because it's the last home game, if we were p,suing someone who was bringing 1000 fans, no one would be moaning as the club are following the rules put in p,ace by the efl and sag, it isn't their fault.

We must be the only club in the 92 who can only sell home tickets in two stands. I would wager the other 91 can sell at least three stands and many of those can even split the fourth stand. If we had the extra capacity and flexibility of a fourth stand this problem would not arise. Remember Carlisle in 2002. Away fans in Bishop St and crowd of 9200.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:37 am

I guess days and games like this show why getting w season ticket is such a good idea. (Providing it’s affordable to the person of course).

Maybe the club might be thinking about this for next season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 am

ST4GS wrote:
1970Stag wrote:People are saying this needs sorting before next season, but realistically, how many of those games will we "sell out". I'm sure the radfords will look at those fixtures and make some all ticket, Sunderland, Lincoln etc. But I expect for the rest, if we aren't challenging, then the crowds will settle back down to 5000, maybe lower. This has only arisen because it's the last home game, if we were p,suing someone who was bringing 1000 fans, no one would be moaning as the club are following the rules put in p,ace by the efl and sag, it isn't their fault.

We must be the only club in the 92 who can only sell home tickets in two stands. I would wager the other 91 can sell at least three stands and many of those can even split the fourth stand. If we had the extra capacity and flexibility of a fourth stand this problem would not arise. Remember Carlisle in 2002. Away fans in Bishop St and crowd of 9200.

Agreed ST4GS. I think it's incredibly short sighted to dismiss the need for a properly functioning 4th stand, or even a redesign of the Northstand to allow it to be split.

I'd love to know the police's rationale for not allowing a split stand, when Forest have always done it.

If the club wait until this kind of farago is a regular occurance before redeveloping the Bishop St, then then run the risk of alienating the very fans they are trying to attract. If they set up just to cater for sub 5,000 gates then it's as damn sure a mustn't that yhat's all they are ever going to get.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:34 am

We definitely need the east stand. Get the away fans in there too, then we can have both stands behind the goals. It’s bloody ridiculous is this.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:37 am

the day has come, mill full, over to the players & manager to do their thing

Let’s do this
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:48 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Sell out in the home areas yet Stevenage’s massive following of 146 will occupy a stand that holds over 1,500.

Absolutely pathetic
The pathetic aspect of this situation is 100% down to our stadium design which is so inflexible. Other clubs can segregate stands due to their design. Ie stands can be split in two or three with facilities in each section. Our design cannot hence our problem of having a home sellout with one stand likely to be 90% empty. Short sightedness? or complacency as it was designed at 10000 capacity when our average gates were around 2500 so sellouts probably were not top of the agenda.

That'll be The Dark Lord for you.

Built the stadium out of sherbet too - not your standard building material!

As happy as I am for Haslam to be blamed for most things, this issue is down to the SAG and our small minority of idiot fans.
You are forgetting that the Quarry Lane was designed with this in mind, with 2 sets of toilets, 2 snack bars, and steel gates to separate fans behind the stand.
In the first year of the new ground, while the West Stand was still being completed, we played Peterborough in the FA Cup and used the QL as a split stand.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:39 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Sell out in the home areas yet Stevenage’s massive following of 146 will occupy a stand that holds over 1,500.

Absolutely pathetic
The pathetic aspect of this situation is 100% down to our stadium design which is so inflexible. Other clubs can segregate stands due to their design. Ie stands can be split in two or three with facilities in each section. Our design cannot hence our problem of having a home sellout with one stand likely to be 90% empty. Short sightedness? or complacency as it was designed at 10000 capacity when our average gates were around 2500 so sellouts probably were not top of the agenda.

That'll be The Dark Lord for you.

Built the stadium out of sherbet too - not your standard building material!

As happy as I am for Haslam to be blamed for most things, this issue is down to the SAG and our small minority of idiot fans.
You are forgetting that the Quarry Lane was designed with this in mind, with 2 sets of toilets, 2 snack bars, and steel gates to separate fans behind the stand.
In the first year of the new ground, while the West Stand was still being completed, we played Peterborough in the FA Cup and used the QL as a split stand.

I had forgotten about the Peterborough game but was actually sat in the QL end for it ,you've made a very good point about the QLE being able to be split
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum