{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

U's Scorefred Sponsored by Opportunity Knocks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: U's Scorefred Sponsored by Opportunity Knocks

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Grinding out results is a skill in its own right that only Lincoln have demonstrated this season, no one else can do it like them.

Today sounds like we dug in and got what we deserved.

Win the next 2 and see what the craic is.

Can't wait for Northampton away.

With Tranmere hosting MK you’d hope for a draw, we win and it leaves us 2 clear of Mk with a better GD and 6 clear of Tranmere - if we win next week a loss for tranmere will take them out the picture
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:26 pm

What was impressive from the fans was the encouraging noise we were all making in added on time to get us over the line.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:48 pm

I said this à few weeks ago, but back in Dec/Jan, Mellis was ahead of Bish and Elsnik, who did all the work and let him play. He was on fire. Today he resembled that player again. Start him in front of Bish and Willem with two forwards ahead of him and I believe we'll go up.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:53 pm

ParisStag wrote:I said this à few weeks ago, but back in Dec/Jan, Mellis was ahead of Bish and Elsnik, who did all the work and let him play. He was on fire. Today he resembled that player again. Start him in front of Bish and Willem with two forwards ahead of him and I believe we'll go up.

Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing but it’s a shame we let elsnik go on loan when Ajose was one of those players - cracking player.

Ironically he scored for mansfield against Northampton on loan, let’s hope he doesn’t return the favour
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:06 pm

We need to do everything in our power to sign up walker for next season (even if it’s a loan)
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:28 pm

1 chance, 1 shot, 1 goal = 3 points (and that's all that matters)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:Noticeable no-one praising DF for his tactical change. Very brave to use up the last 2 subs with 30 mins left
and it paid off almost immediately.

It must be hard to type with your tongue up his crack. ;) Wouldn't you rather just celebrate win, afterall you weren't praising his subs after the Crewe debacle.

TBF he got his subs spot on today. I still thought we sat too deep last 15 minutes, but the records will show we won 1-0 & that is all that matters ultimately.

I did have a couple of anxious moments when Walker& Mellis went down, especially Mellis as it looked nasty as he went over.

Yes how very dare I support our manager. I am celebrating the win, by getting in the face of those who do not support him at such a critical time of the season. There were a few morons, utter morons, who booed the team in at half time today.

Nothing wrong with supporting DF Rob, and like you I couldn't believe a few raspberries were booing at half time. But if you are just going to be baiting DFs detractors when we win and sitting on your hands when we lose you just come across like the flip side of Norman.

Like I said last week, give credit when it's due, and brickbats when they're due. What's wrong with that?

It's the way its done, just read the drivel from jpstags, whoever the * that is. He's probably one of those who booed today. I have been critical of DF this season, I have disagreed with his team selection at times and was critical of him last season too, but in a constructive way, not like some 5 year old school bully. You say it was a poor game today, it was, but wasn't even close to some of the drivel Evans served up for us. As for being the flip side of Norman, just start a thread about Evans or Curle :lol:

Just who the raspberry do you think you are ? To put you in the picture,no I didn't boo at any point today just like I haven't booed the team off at any
point whilst I have been a supporter. I suppose I am wrong about that in your massively over inflated opinion though.
I do think it's cringeworthy however the way DF is untouchable in your eyes and any criticism is jumped upon as if no one has the right to.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:06 am

Is it safe to come out from behind the settee yet?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:13 am

Spiritater wrote:Is it safe to come out from behind the settee yet?

Dunno mate I've been hiding in the bogs all night. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:49 am

Sneag wrote:

Towards the end it was so very much a 'behind the settee' sort of performance wasn't it? We've been there so many times where we've camped out on the 18 yard line and invited poor teams onto us in the last knockings of a game. Finger nails all gone now :( , but hey three points is three points.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:01 am

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Towards the end it was so very much a 'behind the settee' sort of performance wasn't it? We've been there so many times where we've camped out on the 18 yard line and invited poor teams onto us in the last knockings of a game. Finger nails all gone now :( , but hey three points is three points.

It was such a bad game. All 22 players were fully committed and trying really hard, but it was dreadful to watch. Thank God the only bit of quality in the 90 minutes produced our goal.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:16 am

Couldn’t make the game but just saw the goal. What a giveaway ha ha imo their goalkeeper made Conrad look quicker than Bolt. He could have closed that angle down really quickly but thank goodness he didn’t hey. 2nd on merit. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am

adamstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Grinding out results is a skill in its own right that only Lincoln have demonstrated this season, no one else can do it like them.

Today sounds like we dug in and got what we deserved.

Win the next 2 and see what the craic is.

Can't wait for Northampton away.

With Tranmere hosting MK you’d hope for a draw, we win and it leaves us 2 clear of Mk with a better GD and 6 clear of Tranmere - if we win next week a loss for tranmere will take them out the picture

Don’t over-think it Adam. :(
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Cambridge did really well to frustrate us yesterday and make it a scrappy game. I thought ex-Stags George Taft and Greg Taylor played really well for them in the centre of defence and it seems as if the Cambridge press reporter agrees with me. I was very relieved in injury time when David Amoo was caught offside for the 5th or 6th time and then to make it better did not even bother to run to get the ball back which allowed Conrad to tick down the clock a little more. I knew we had probably won then.

Dimi Mitov 6: Didn't have a great deal to do. Unfortunate to concede from Mansfield's only shot on target.
Brad Halliday 7: Looked good going forward and nearly scored the game's opening goal.
George Taft 8*: An imperious performance against his former side. Joint man of the match with Greg Taylor.
Greg Taylor 8*: Like Taft, was solid throughout.
Jake Carroll 6: A generally good performance from the full-back.
George Maris N/A: Only managed just over 10 minutes before making way for Gary Deegan.
Jake Doyle-Hayes 6: Another assured outing. Had a good chance to score in the second half.
Reggie Lambe 7: A really good performance from the Bermudan. Looks more comfortable when he drifts inside.
Jevani Brown 7: Flashes of brilliance, including his pass for Rushian Hepburn-Murphy's late chance.
David Amoo 6: A frustrating afternoon for the winger, who was caught offside half-a-dozen times.
Alex Jones 6: A few half chances, and plenty of endeavour, but nothing was coming off for him.

Substitutes
Gary Deegan 5: A fine performance after coming on earlier than anyone would have expected. His mistake led to the goal though.
Hayden Coulson 5: A few nice moments, but couldn't find a way through.
Hepburn-Murphy: Had a late chance. Starved of service during his time on the pitch.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/ ... t-16090762
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:05 pm

Keep it up Grimmers. 5 more wins and you get Master fredder status
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:We need to do everything in our power to sign up walker for next season (even if it’s a loan)

is there a realistic chance we could sing him on more than a loan next season?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:41 am

laneymtfc wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:We need to do everything in our power to sign up walker for next season (even if it’s a loan)

I'd say yes if we are a League 1 side, no if we are a League 2 side.

Any player who bags nearly 25 goals in a season will be watched by other clubs no doubt.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

Any player who bags nearly 25 goals in a season will be watched by other clubs no doubt.

what kind of fee would forest want? id of thought it would have been a lot!
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

We go up, we can buy him.... We don't, id day he'll go on loan or be sold to a league one club. Hes loving his time here and he's local, best scenario for all would be promotion and him on loan with a view to making it perm or just sign him for a fee that would probably be a club record.

Hes too good for league two.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:19 pm

laneymtfc wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

OptaPro and wyscout have his listed value at £200K

Id take a wild guess at 300-500K and forest would accept.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Got 2 years left on his Forest contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... l/42155056
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

OptaPro and wyscout have his listed value at £200K

Id take a wild guess at 300-500K and forest would accept.

With CJ being valued at 1 million for having his best spell, wouldnt walker be worth a lot more with the goals hes scored? id of thought it would have been £1m+?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Cj is worth that extra for his pace. Besides we probably could get Tyler for £500k, but expect profit clauses, promotion clauses and performance clauses etc on top.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:06 pm

With CJ being valued at 1 million for having his best spell, wouldnt walker be worth a lot more with the goals hes scored? id of thought it would have been £1m+?[/quote]

Cj valued at £1m by stags fans...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum