{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

No more heroes anymore

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: No more heroes anymore

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Spiritater wrote:Hells bells Spartacus, the booths need to be named after legends. Caldwell isn't a legend and never will be because after leaving us who did he sign for?

Dave Caldwell will always be a legend to me 'Tater'. One of the most exciting young players I've ever seen play for the Stags and naming a bar after him would be quite appropriate in many ways. He propped a lot of them up in his days at Mansfield! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:03 pm

How about Aidy Booth-royd?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:16 pm

I would rename the bar 'Sandy's Sports bar'. The Sandy Pate Sports bar hardly rolls off the tongue whereas Sandy's is more casual whilst keeping the legend's name.

I imagine a logo similar to this below but yellow/blue of course. (I'm happy to design one too if anyone's reading)

Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Jack Lester real legend
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:15 am

just make it bigger no booths more tables better entrance called The Family monitor over bar past and present players and all things that made Mansfield great
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:36 am

Hells bells Spartacus, the booths need to be named after legends. Caldwell isn't a legend and never will be because after leaving us who did he sign for? Can't forgive him for that so not and never will be a legend end of. And he actually achieved nothing.

Steve Whitehall :lol: :lol: Jesus, can't you think of a PROPER LEGEND like Greeny who without that night at Hereford we'd still
be scrabbling around in the pit of misery.

Cass couldn't lace Waggy's or Clarkey's boots up. Not saying he wasn't a good player but the other two were streets ahead.

Sir Mal can have the freedom of the town for the goal against them and if he gets promotion should be considered for legendary status like Sandy is.[/quote]

Come on Spiro, who would you have picked?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:04 am

spanishstag wrote:What about the jimmy mac booth ,favourite player for years ,along with sandy

Agreed . one of my all time greats for the Stags
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 am

The whole bar should be renamed as the Goma Lambu sports bar
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm

I don’t think you need to be naming places after players. I think having large framed photos all around would look better. The club will have some brilliant pictures they can use from over the years so it wouldn’t cost much.

I also think you need some of the fans. When I got asked to design some photos for the bar by the SSA many years ago I decided that the fans needed a tribute so I went through all my fan photos from over the years & did a collage which has been on the walll outside the entrance ever since. I also designed the one showing the ground redevelopment because both of these are timeless & are interesting to look at especially for the younger fans who wouldn’t have seen the old ground or old shirts fans are wearing on the pics. They could be there for years & not get old. It’s also a nice tribute for those who have passed away as they are ‘still at Field Mill’ & always will be while on the wall. I think some pics/collages of fans celebrating would also look good around the bar & it would make people feel good too especially if they’re on it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Dan wrote:I don’t think you need to be naming places after players. I think having large framed photos all around would look better. The club will have some brilliant pictures they can use from over the years so it wouldn’t cost much.

I also think you need some of the fans. When I got asked to design some photos for the bar by the SSA many years ago I decided that the fans needed a tribute so I went through all my fan photos from over the years & did a collage which has been on the walll outside the entrance ever since. I also designed the one showing the ground redevelopment because both of these are timeless & are interesting to look at especially for the younger fans who wouldn’t have seen the old ground or old shirts fans are wearing on the pics. They could be there for years & not get old. It’s also a nice tribute for those who have passed away as they are ‘still at Field Mill’ & always will be while on the wall. I think some pics/collages of fans celebrating would also look good around the bar & it would make people feel good too especially if they’re on it.

Spot on.
Would be nice if the old photographs could be made available to buy too.
I would love a colour one of Kent's goal at Wembley for my man cave.
I have tried the Chad's site but to no avail.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:51 pm

I would’ve thought the chad would have it. You could always try Getty images or the press association & see if they’ve got any.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Could have a Alex jeannin bar on the roof because that’s where most of his clearances went.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Dan wrote:I don’t think you need to be naming places after players. I think having large framed photos all around would look better. The club will have some brilliant pictures they can use from over the years so it wouldn’t cost much.

Brings back memories of us both stood there watching the old West Stand being demolished!

I like the idea of a legends wall with a photo and brief description of each player, I think that would look great.

Pride of place would be George Foster for me, would run through a brick wall for MTFC, legend!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Good times mate. I see George a lot these days. He’s always scouting at Forest U23 matches. He was at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday & Alfreton last week. Top bloke.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum