{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FAO Chadman

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

FAO Chadman

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:21 am

Did you hear the brilliant support singing David Flitcrofts name again yesterday? Stick that in the chadvert for a change
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Re: FAO Chadman

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Did you hear the brilliant support singing David Flitcrofts name again yesterday? Stick that in the chadvert for a change

:lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:28 pm

Well and truly called out, and justifiably so.

Clickbait garbage in an attempt to profit. I'll not buy the Chad again. I definitely won't be visiting their diabolical spyware filled website.

It's such a shame - I used to think Lomas was a decent old fashioned reporter.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:43 pm

It used to bother me, then I realised that I was just falling into his clickbait trap.

Take a deep breath, stay away from the Chud, and wait for karma to have its day.

It won’t be long.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby BigDave » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:45 pm

Does he still do his reports on Thursdays before the match has even kicked off?
BigDave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 am

Just read todays article in the chad by somebody called plumber ,hes on about grant and ajose ,clearly creating stories in his head as he types away on his keyboard ,pure drivel :mtfc:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:48 pm

Why has Chadman (john Lomas) not replied? It's a fair question.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:19 pm

John Lomas has done a great job writing about the Stags in the CHAD over the years and he has done this during the bad times when nobody else was interested in writing about the Stags or the mismanagement of the club by Hasloan. You also have to remember that he is a journalist who is trying to sell newspapers or get people to read the news online. He is therefore going to look for angles and headlines to attract people's interest. That's his job. If fans give the managers or players some stick then he will probably mention it. He always seems pretty fair to me and does give various fans opportunities to give their opinions in supporter pieces. Some of these fans are more critical of managers and players than John! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 pm

So the question remains, why did he lie about the fans not singing Flitcroft’s name?

Even though it’s been proved this wasn’t true.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:21 pm

BigGuy wrote:So the question remains, why did he lie about the fans not singing Flitcroft’s name?

to get folk talking about the Chad? ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:52 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BigGuy wrote:So the question remains, why did he lie about the fans not singing Flitcroft’s name?

Honestly I see this all the time with awful “PR@ and that “well it got people talking”

Nobody makes them self look a strawberry to get a few people talking about them
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:30 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Honestly I see this all the time with awful “PR@ and that “well it got people talking”

Nobody makes them self look a strawberry to get a few people talking about them

Just ask Alan Hardy
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:33 pm

As I've said before, JR and Carolyn generally take the view that any publicity is good publicity as it gets people talking about the club. They may well be right on this point as crowds have gone up this season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:As I've said before, JR and Carolyn generally take the view that any publicity is good publicity as it gets people talking about the club. They may well be right on this point as crowds have gone up this season.

So not only did Lomas get rid of Haslam, he’s responsible for the increased crowds?

Blimey, what a guy
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Let's hope he has a pop at Grant next to get him playing well again.

Lomas could single handedly get us promoted this year.

He could end up with a booth in the new sandy pate bar.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Let's hope he has a pop at Grant next to get him playing well again.

I think naming one of the ‘traps’ in the refurbished toilets rather than a booth may prove more fitting.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 pm

I vote Logan for Chad Player of Year closely followed by Andrex in booth named above :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BigDave » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Let's hope he has a pop at Grant next to get him playing well again.

He’s about as reliable as your transfer story’s..
BigDave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:56 pm

BigDave wrote:

Done you there Private :lol:

Don't get the stick John is getting, good guy, followed Stags for absolute donkeys - not his fault newspapers are dying and they have to make their money through click bait. I miss the Thursday Chad, Stan Searls reports, the black and white photo's, the next match box etc, etc. Progress I guess.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 pm

The stick he is getting, is because he LIED regarding supporters singing about David Flitcroft.

You stick up for him, yet prefer other people's match reporting, how odd.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:07 pm

BigDave wrote:

He's more reliable than your back razor Harambe :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:53 am

BigGuy wrote:The stick he is getting, is because he LIED regarding supporters singing about David Flitcroft.

No idea what you mean, I have no issue with the Chads reports, just miss the days of the old Chad and Stans reports. If you think that's odd, how odd :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:12 am

Rob wrote:
BigGuy wrote:The stick he is getting, is because he LIED regarding supporters singing about David Flitcroft.

No idea what you mean, I have no issue with the Chads reports, just miss the days of the old Chad and Stans reports. If you think that's odd, how odd :lol:

Unfortunately, the Chad still has quite a large influence in this area. Lomas, as a journalist, therefore has a certain element of power in what he writes and that comes with responsibility.

He recently blatantly lied in his publication about the fans not singing Flitcroft's name, probably in an attempt to whip up scandal and therefore get more clicks to the Chad's (diabolical) website.

This sort of fake news can be damaging. We are wanting our local population, particularly floating fans and people currently not engaged, to view watching Mansfield Town as a positive experience - which it usually is. This sort of fabrication can put people off, and cause unrest amongst fans already engaged. In extreme cases, it can cause issues between the manager and the supporters. Really not good at all, particularly at a time when we are all so desperately trying to be positive and cheer every single person at MTFC onto promotion.

It was ill-timed, manufactured, lazy 'reporting'. He deserves every ounce of stick he's been getting. He's lost all respect from me.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:18 am

Random Hero wrote:
Rob wrote:

Unfortunately, the Chad still has quite a large influence in this area. Lomas, as a journalist, therefore has a certain element of power in what he writes and that comes with responsibility.

He recently blatantly lied in his publication about the fans not singing Flitcroft's name, probably in an attempt to whip up scandal and therefore get more clicks to the Chad's (diabolical) website.

This sort of fake news can be damaging. We are wanting our local population, particularly floating fans and people currently not engaged, to view watching Mansfield Town as a positive experience - which it usually is. This sort of fabrication can put people off, and cause unrest amongst fans already engaged. In extreme cases, it can cause issues between the manager and the supporters. Really not good at all, particularly at a time when we are all so desperately trying to be positive and cheer every single person at MTFC onto promotion.

It was ill-timed, manufactured, lazy 'reporting'. He deserves every ounce of stick he's been getting. He's lost all respect from me.

Very well put. we need to be drumming up the support.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:34 am

Anyone remember the guy who used to work for 103.2? Rhodes, I think his surname was. Doing his level best to whip up controversy. We'd just won a game and he asked if we did enough to win it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum