{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fears rise of history repeating. What the hell's happening?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Fears rise of history repeating. What the hell's happening?

Postby Chadman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:03 pm

What the hell is going wrong again? The squad looks largely right, despite the injuries and striker shortage, and the formation clearly works well with them looking at the season's results. Are the side simply freezing as they get near the line again?

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9671066
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Fears rise of history repeating. What the hell's happeni

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:19 pm

My only thought is fatigue. We looked incredibly fit at the start of the season, have we over done it?
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:47 pm

Is there more fake news in that report like the below

I mentioned this a while back and still haven’t heard anyone acknowledge the manager at all during games.

Is that apart from the 'David Flitcroft's barmy army' chant in the first half against Lincoln or the 90 minutes of it at Stevenage before Christmas?

Just to mention two that spring to mind.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:48 pm

What the hells happening?

We only have one striker, Ajose isn't on form and not that good... every other option is injured... Also the leagues best attacking full back is injured.

Its starting to hurt us. The only thing I can think of helping is to drop Mellis and get mores steel in the middle of the park.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:49 pm

BigGuy wrote:Is there more fake news in that report like the below

I mentioned this a while back and still haven’t heard anyone acknowledge the manager at all during games.

Is that apart from the 'David Flitcroft's barmy army' chant in the first half against Lincoln or the 90 minutes of it at Stevenage before Christmas?

Plenty of home & away games support has been heard for the manager. Baffling
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

Port Vale away I saw a lot of abuse towards the players after the game.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:53 pm

we need to go back to basics, sounds so simple and obvious but lets just get the ball moving like we were at the start of the season, get players confidence back
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:56 pm

laneymtfc wrote:we need to go back to basics, sounds so simple and obvious but lets just get the ball moving like we were at the start of the season, get players confidence back

Agree.

1 win could change it all, it’ll boost confidence throughout the side and could be the kickstart we need.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Since teams have been closing us down from goal kicks, we have resorted to longer balls forward. Without a target man that was always going to have a negative effect.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:10 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Since teams have been closing us down from goal kicks, we have resorted to longer balls forward. Without a target man that was always going to have a negative effect.

This - since teams have sussed us out and know to press us we've been devoid of ideas. Its no surprise that our best chances come when we play it quicker on the counterattack and by pass playing it out through the defence.

I like Flitcroft but unfortunately he has previous take Bury prior to being sacked 5 straight wins, a manager of the month award but 11 subsequent games without a win and he was dismissed.

He finds a winning formula, it gets found out but he doesn't evolve the tactics so deterioration takes hold and it will only lead to his dismissal in the long run.

He needs to change it and take the opposition by surprise. It won't happen though.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:04 am

The players need to graft like we know they can. Start right, finish right and show they've the spunk for the fight. No one's going to gift us goals on a plate, no one is going to make it easy. Of recent times the fight and grit have gone. It's no good Bish and a couple of others showing they've the balls for the battle, EVERYONE of them when they pull on the shirt needs to give everything on the pitch and not think, 'oooh I might mess my hair up if I break into a sweat'.

They either want to be remembered as heroes who gave everything they could, or a bunch of limp wristed bottlers, and at present they're letting us and Johnny down big style. I can forgive failure when they've done their best, come off the pitch shattered physically and everything's been left on the battlefield. But when I re-run the debacle at Meadow Lane in my mind I wonder if they do give a f...
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:20 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

Lomas has selective hearing when it comes to our fans backing our manger/team.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:44 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Lomas has selective hearing when it comes to our fans backing our manger/team.

Doesn't the CHAD get it's reports from the Stevenage Advertiser? That's why he's heard no support for DF.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum