{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticketing System

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I have never bought tickets on line. But I realise many people do. Therefore I think our on line ticket system should be robust and fit for purpose.

I must also say that I buy my tickets from the ticket office, as part of the QL membership scheme and have always found the staff helpful.


Same here Andy, never had an issue.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Old timer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:04 pm

I find the online ticketing system to be ugly, clunky and not particularly user friendly. As someone else has said,if you have used it before then you know that but new users would find it amateurish and it might even put some people off buying. It needs a fundamental overhaul.

I have had minor issues and then a major issue where it debited my card several times for one ticket that I never got whilst telling me that the transactions were not going through even though it looked like they had according to my banking app. This in turn made it look like I was overdrawn.

The staff at the club put it right straight away with an email next day and they explained that the money would, in effect, be rebated to my account at the same time the payments went out. They shouldn't be put in that position. It makes sense to invest in a good system where staff don't have to waste their time fixing things.

Please invest in the system.
Old timer
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Sneag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Old timer wrote:I find the online ticketing system to be ugly, clunky and not particularly user friendly. As someone else has said,if you have used it before then you know that but new users would find it amateurish and it might even put some people off buying. It needs a fundamental overhaul.

I have had minor issues and then a major issue where it debited my card several times for one ticket that I never got whilst telling me that the transactions were not going through even though it looked like they had according to my banking app. This in turn made it look like I was overdrawn.

The staff at the club put it right straight away with an email next day and they explained that the money would, in effect, be rebated to my account at the same time the payments went out. They shouldn't be put in that position. It makes sense to invest in a good system where staff don't have to waste their time fixing things.

Please invest in the system.


Has to be a better investment than s broken scoreboard. :D
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Bros » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Having won the Family Club of the Year award, next season we have to try to win the Best Online Ticket System Award. I feel that a lot of effort will be required
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Jamie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 am

Its really not that hard to build a much much better system. But a lot depends on how the data interacts with the club and its existing systems. A new build would be roughly 2/3 month turn around and probably 5k-10k with a smaller/local company or more with a bigger agency.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Ticketing System

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 am

Jamie wrote:Its really not that hard to build a much much better system. But a lot depends on how the data interacts with the club and its existing systems. A new build would be roughly 2/3 month turn around and probably 5k-10k with a smaller/local company or more with a bigger agency.


Honestly it’s probdbky double that quote, and the rest. Especially when it’s integrating with third party systems for ticket management and seat allocation etc. And then the flexibility of the system and You then have to factor in training.

If the club do it, they should do it right and invest with a company that has built systems similar and not go with the cheapest option. There’s only one local company that have done it, and they built Derby’s ticket system

Or they use something like Eventbrite
mousemousemouse
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:57 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
Jamie wrote:Its really not that hard to build a much much better system. But a lot depends on how the data interacts with the club and its existing systems. A new build would be roughly 2/3 month turn around and probably 5k-10k with a smaller/local company or more with a bigger agency.


Honestly it’s probdbky double that quote, and the rest. Especially when it’s integrating with third party systems for ticket management and seat allocation etc. And then the flexibility of the system and You then have to factor in training.

If the club do it, they should do it right and invest with a company that has built systems similar and not go with the cheapest option. There’s only one local company that have done it, and they built Derby’s ticket system

Or they use something like Eventbrite


Lincoln & Bury both use Eventbrite.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Iliketrains » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 pm

In the meantime can't they just open all blocks to pre book and allow online purchase of disabled tickets?

Last night the empty spaces in the side areas of the IGL were there for all to see however we can't book them online. Truly bizarre.

Also i thought the sparseness of the family area last night that took up half the QLE looked a bit embarrassing last night. Half of the QLE was near full and the other half near empty. Looked weird on tv. Don't notice it so much at other times.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: Deepest Spireiteland

Re: Ticketing System

Postby The One » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Iliketrains wrote:In the meantime can't they just open all blocks to pre book and allow online purchase of disabled tickets?

Last night the empty spaces in the side areas of the IGL were there for all to see however we can't book them online. Truly bizarre.

Also i thought the sparseness of the family area last night that took up half the QLE looked a bit embarrassing last night. Half of the QLE was near full and the other half near empty. Looked weird on tv. Don't notice it so much at other times.


Danielle offered to meet re your ticket concerns and you declined
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Jamie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:
Jamie wrote:Its really not that hard to build a much much better system. But a lot depends on how the data interacts with the club and its existing systems. A new build would be roughly 2/3 month turn around and probably 5k-10k with a smaller/local company or more with a bigger agency.


Honestly it’s probdbky double that quote, and the rest. Especially when it’s integrating with third party systems for ticket management and seat allocation etc. And then the flexibility of the system and You then have to factor in training.

If the club do it, they should do it right and invest with a company that has built systems similar and not go with the cheapest option. There’s only one local company that have done it, and they built Derby’s ticket system

Or they use something like Eventbrite


I do this stuff for a living... Its a £10k project. I already included the caveat about interacting with the existing systems. It would be double that amount, and more, if they wanted to go with a "flash" sales driven agency where you're extra fees help pay for directors to drive a very fancy car and so you can visit them in offices with glass walls and sit around on bean bags drinking expensive coffee.

I know the company who did Derbys. I've also sat and listened to a number of local companies do nothing but complain about them.

To pretty much talk down local companies, or suggest that if you don't pay a premium price you don't get an excellent product is just wrong and doing a disservice to some excellent local businesses. I agree they shouldn't go with the cheapest option, but 10k wouldn't be the lowest price they'd get if they put this out to tender. I also don't like the suggestion that if you haven't built a ticking system before, you couldn't build this. If you know how to correctly plan a project, code to a good standard and how to deliver a good system, it doesn't matter what the subject matter is.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4636
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Iliketrains » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

The One wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:In the meantime can't they just open all blocks to pre book and allow online purchase of disabled tickets?

Last night the empty spaces in the side areas of the IGL were there for all to see however we can't book them online. Truly bizarre.

Also i thought the sparseness of the family area last night that took up half the QLE looked a bit embarrassing last night. Half of the QLE was near full and the other half near empty. Looked weird on tv. Don't notice it so much at other times.


Danielle offered to meet re your ticket concerns and you declined


Indeed i did. As explained on that particular thread.

I want certain things to happen with regards the ticketing situation as i stated and they haven't happened yet, nor have i had any confirmation that they are to happen or if indeed my concerns will be passed on to the relevant people to deal with. They might never happen but in the meantime then there is absolutely no point in meeting with Danielle as i have clearly stated what i would like to to see happen so there is no discussion to be had. It either happens and i'm then happy or it doesn't and i'm not. Easy to understand really i believe.

Either my requirements can be met by implementing my suggestions or they cannot. No need to speak with anyone.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: Deepest Spireiteland

Re: Ticketing System

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Jamie wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:
Jamie wrote:Its really not that hard to build a much much better system. But a lot depends on how the data interacts with the club and its existing systems. A new build would be roughly 2/3 month turn around and probably 5k-10k with a smaller/local company or more with a bigger agency.


Honestly it’s probdbky double that quote, and the rest. Especially when it’s integrating with third party systems for ticket management and seat allocation etc. And then the flexibility of the system and You then have to factor in training.

If the club do it, they should do it right and invest with a company that has built systems similar and not go with the cheapest option. There’s only one local company that have done it, and they built Derby’s ticket system

Or they use something like Eventbrite


I do this stuff for a living... Its a £10k project. I already included the caveat about interacting with the existing systems. It would be double that amount, and more, if they wanted to go with a "flash" sales driven agency where you're extra fees help pay for directors to drive a very fancy car and so you can visit them in offices with glass walls and sit around on bean bags drinking expensive coffee.

I know the company who did Derbys. I've also sat and listened to a number of local companies do nothing but complain about them.

To pretty much talk down local companies, or suggest that if you don't pay a premium price you don't get an excellent product is just wrong and doing a disservice to some excellent local businesses. I agree they shouldn't go with the cheapest option, but 10k wouldn't be the lowest price they'd get if they put this out to tender. I also don't like the suggestion that if you haven't built a ticking system before, you couldn't build this. If you know how to correctly plan a project, code to a good standard and how to deliver a good system, it doesn't matter what the subject matter is.


No need to fly out the traps and be defensive, I guess we just work with different clients on different levels of budget.

But honestly, there are some good companies around. I've seen the worst of them all in Mansfield and the best of them but I still think that pitching out a job like this would be better for a company that has atleast worked with a ticket system before to fully understand it's operation.

I'd also hazard a guess that you pitch your own company as a no frills agency, especially when you're saying you pay money to bigger agencies to "just sit around all day drinking coffee" and their glass walls. But most small agencies do, unfortunately.
mousemousemouse
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Ticketing System

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:50 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:
Jamie wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:
Jamie wrote:Its really not that hard to build a much much better system. But a lot depends on how the data interacts with the club and its existing systems. A new build would be roughly 2/3 month turn around and probably 5k-10k with a smaller/local company or more with a bigger agency.


Honestly it’s probdbky double that quote, and the rest. Especially when it’s integrating with third party systems for ticket management and seat allocation etc. And then the flexibility of the system and You then have to factor in training.

If the club do it, they should do it right and invest with a company that has built systems similar and not go with the cheapest option. There’s only one local company that have done it, and they built Derby’s ticket system

Or they use something like Eventbrite


I do this stuff for a living... Its a £10k project. I already included the caveat about interacting with the existing systems. It would be double that amount, and more, if they wanted to go with a "flash" sales driven agency where you're extra fees help pay for directors to drive a very fancy car and so you can visit them in offices with glass walls and sit around on bean bags drinking expensive coffee.

I know the company who did Derbys. I've also sat and listened to a number of local companies do nothing but complain about them.

To pretty much talk down local companies, or suggest that if you don't pay a premium price you don't get an excellent product is just wrong and doing a disservice to some excellent local businesses. I agree they shouldn't go with the cheapest option, but 10k wouldn't be the lowest price they'd get if they put this out to tender. I also don't like the suggestion that if you haven't built a ticking system before, you couldn't build this. If you know how to correctly plan a project, code to a good standard and how to deliver a good system, it doesn't matter what the subject matter is.


No need to fly out the traps and be defensive, I guess we just work with different clients on different levels of budget.

But honestly, there are some good companies around. I've seen the worst of them all in Mansfield and the best of them but I still think that pitching out a job like this would be better for a company that has atleast worked with a ticket system before to fully understand it's operation.

I'd also hazard a guess that you pitch your own company as a no frills agency, especially when you're saying you pay money to bigger agencies to "just sit around all day drinking coffee" and their glass walls. But most small agencies do, unfortunately.


Oh how I miss cash at the turnstiles and season tickets in the form of a book of game vouchers.!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6979
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Ticketing System

Postby scotsstag » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:33 pm

And me mate.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Iliketrains » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm

and the ability to buy your season ticket book of vouchers for ANY seat in the house.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: Deepest Spireiteland

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1951stagsfan, BoughtonStag71, cassellswasmagic, MTFCMusings, nharrison1010, northstandstag, Opus, patstag, Stagsfan11, stagtastic1, Woodclanger 1 and 44 guests