{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

podcast with Darrell Clarke

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: podcast with Darrell Clarke

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 am

Clarke should take the job to the end of the season IMO.

He keeps them up, his stock rises, they go down nobody will blame him. Win win.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Nooooooo need him to hang on a few weeks, just in case

Dave, if we make the play-offs there is absolutely no chance DF will be going anywhere in the summer. I'd say we are about 90% there now so Darrell's return may be quite a bit in the future. I'd welcome him back here eventually, a real top bloke who has done really well as a manager.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:08 am

Rob wrote:

Dave, if we make the play-offs there is absolutely no chance DF will be going anywhere in the summer. I'd say we are about 90% there now so Darrell's return may be quite a bit in the future. I'd welcome him back here eventually, a real top bloke who has done really well as a manager.

If we fail to get promoted, his job will be under threat.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:31 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

No it won't.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 am

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

No it won't.

It absolutely won’t!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:51 am

Did it say that Darrell Clarke was living on the outskirts of Southampton in the interview? He may not want to move back "Up North".
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 am

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

No it won't.

Ask the Radfords, you will get a different answer. Do you think they are doing #ProjectPromotion for a laugh? Do you think they invested heavily in the squad in both windows to settle for another season in L2? There is no way the squad we have should be playing in L2 next season.

Admittedly Flitcroft has played a major part in this, but he has the the second top scorer in the league, the best defence in the league and four players in team of the season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Hopefully we won't have to find out, but if we fail in the play-offs, I am certain DF will be our manager at the start of next season, no way will our owners want to start all over again - they have seen what has happened at Notts County - a large budget in the wrong hands can equal disaster. They know we are better than last season, we are better to watch, harder to beat and have been challenging for top 3 or in the top three for a large part of the season. Lets hope we go up automatically instead.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum