{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:03 am



"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:06 am




"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:10 am



"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:14 am




"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am



"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:25 am



"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Question for someone in the medical profession;

Surgery is normally a 'last option' for the general public, so why are we so keen and quick to put our players under the knife so often and for minor injuries like dislocations.

I think our private medical advisors get paid more for it so they advise it more readily.

All this surgery has hardly helped Macca and Davies has it?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:27 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Question for someone in the medical profession;

Surgery is normally a 'last option' for the general public, so why are we so keen and quick to put our players under the knife so often and for minor injuries like dislocations.

I think our private medical advisors get paid more for it so they advise it more readily.

All this surgery has hardly helped Macca and Davies has it?



For standard folk like me and you with the NHS .Surgery is the best course of action but also the most expensive, hence why it’s normally the last option.

As opposed to our players who will all be private under the MTFC banner the price of surgery isn’t a factor so the best treatment is sort first.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Speed as well. We could probably afford to give it a few weeks/months to recover from something but a footballer needs to get back ASAP so will just go straight for the surgery option to speed the process up.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6667
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 pm

But the fact is that surgery doesn't fix everything. It makes some problems worse in the long term.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsci ... areer/amp/

DF mentioned surgery/operation on 5 players. Think they need some non-surgical opinions.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:But the fact is that surgery doesn't fix everything. It makes some problems worse in the long term.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsci ... areer/amp/

DF mentioned surgery/operation on 5 players. Think they need some non-surgical opinions.


so are you trying to say that our medical department aren’t doing the best by the player and club.

Starting to loose track as to what your argument is on this.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:But the fact is that surgery doesn't fix everything. It makes some problems worse in the long term.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsci ... areer/amp/

DF mentioned surgery/operation on 5 players. Think they need some non-surgical opinions.


So your medical experience is based on the fact that nothing, not even surgery, would save Andy Murray?

You're right, it doesn't fix everything. No does a pack of iced peas and resting it. Surgery is, usually, the best option; remove debris, trim back cartilage etc.
mousemousemouse
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Question for someone in the medical profession;

Surgery is normally a 'last option' for the general public, so why are we so keen and quick to put our players under the knife so often and for minor injuries like dislocations.

I think our private medical advisors get paid more for it so they advise it more readily.

All this surgery has hardly helped Macca and Davies has it?


Oh this is brilliant.... next on the list of stagsnet experts, were now overruling the medical professionals because we the fans apparently know better and must question everything.... give it a rest. no wonder this one website has such a bad reputation
Sedgwick
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18057
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:


Always nice to hear different players being interviewed like this. One thing I picked up on was how CJ was talking about playing in different positions and he said "I'll play wherever the gaffer trusts me to play" and I thought that is nicer to hear then "wherever the gaffer puts me".
mousemousemouse
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Bradders » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 pm

CJ hasn't been quite at his best since the transfer talk started. I hope that this marks a return to top form.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Question for someone in the medical profession;

Surgery is normally a 'last option' for the general public, so why are we so keen and quick to put our players under the knife so often and for minor injuries like dislocations.

I think our private medical advisors get paid more for it so they advise it more readily.

All this surgery has hardly helped Macca and Davies has it?


Oh this is brilliant.... next on the list of stagsnet experts, were now overruling the medical professionals because we the fans apparently know better and must question everything.... give it a rest. no wonder this one website has such a bad reputation


No. Not an expert. Just saying we always seem to be putting players under the knife. Sorry for bringing the whole internet into disrepute.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Forever Optimistic » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Bradders wrote:CJ hasn't been quite at his best since the transfer talk started. I hope that this marks a return to top form.


CJs also hardly played in his preferred position. He’s constantly spending 3/4 game time on the right, which personally I think is wrong, and around a 1/4 of the game on the left. However, he’ll play where the gaffer trusts him. This kid’ll go far. Doesn’t throw toys out the pram etc etc.

Agree he’s not been at his best but if you’re moving around playing different positions, would you be at your best every game?

What worries me is that we have players (quality) that play those positions naturally. I’d rather not shoehorn CJ in, but play him in his preferred position. If needs be from the bench. However I’m no football coach or manager so in not a very good position to chastise.
Fatty played us good and proper
User avatar
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Interesting to hear the comments again regarding the training ground. Such a shame that the grass pitches aren't ready because it sounds like the players love being there, it's going to be such a plus point for us going forward once they are (went up for the first time last week and it's very impressive). Also noted that Forest have advised about limiting our time spent on the 3G, I know Walker has had a problem with his neck last week hence the strapping, i wonder if Grant's potentially got a niggle now as a result of the 3G? Pure speculation, but haven't seen him on the Go Karting or Gym photos? Looking at training at St. Georges or heading back to the ground for a bit to get back on the grass.
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm

I think the timing of the opening of the RH has cost the grass pitches. I think as soon as the weather warms and the grass starts to grow then it'll be all ok. I think up till now the grass pitches have taken a back seat to the development.

Has to be said that all those that were advocating us laying a 3g as a main pitch at the stadium will see things differently now.
Given a choice I think most players would like to play and train on grass most of the time.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19132
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 pm

Spiritater wrote:I think the timing of the opening of the RH has cost the grass pitches. I think as soon as the weather warms and the grass starts to grow then it'll be all ok. I think up till now the grass pitches have taken a back seat to the development.

Has to be said that all those that were advocating us laying a 3g as a main pitch at the stadium will see things differently now.
Given a choice I think most players would like to play and train on grass most of the time.


In the Netherlands and Germany a vast majority of lower league and amateur football is played on 3G/4G pitches. They are still laying them as quickly as they can, maybe their Doctors are just thick? The evidence there is that because the surfaces are even and flat, less injuries are suffered. Of course, our FA is intent on laying many more 3G/4G pitches and it was one of the reasons for the proposed sale of Wembley. Then again, I guess we've already seen that if you want medical advice, Stagsnet is your first stop :lol:
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4360
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby frt1987 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am

Im concerned about Grants absence from the gokarting too.

Wonder if he is nursing an injury..him and Tyler arent normally too far apart!
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 am

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby Sneag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:45 am

frt1987 wrote:Im concerned about Grants absence from the gokarting too.

Wonder if he is nursing an injury..him and Tyler arent normally too far apart!


Maybe he thinks go-karting is a load of raspberry and stayed home watching Loose Women.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 am

We did tell Flitcroft the grass pitches would need a close season in the right weather to get them tip top .but hey ho ,managers and excuses.
Accrington Stanley trained on 3G all last season and it didn’t do them much harm did it :D
All this 3G stuff is just a myth as all our injuries have been picked up in game time .Poor Danny again yesterday Hayden white the other week .etc.
Walker has had a stiff neck apparently so surely he should not have been go-carting last week ....but what do I know .The last time I went I got whiplash due to someone running in to the back of me :lol:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Re: Flitcroft press conference Thu 7 Feb

Postby chip63 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:37 am

I have no idea about the difference between grass and 3G pitches.
The one thing I think (but don't know) is we train harder than Accrington and train harder now than last year.
Would be good to hear from a footballers view on the difference they feel after training.
To me if you play on grass on the match day you should train on grass.
:coys:
chip63
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamstag, derbstag, Jamie, mans_field, Morgans Tavern, ST4GS, steve-o, sw19stag and 25 guests