{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Well, well, well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla ... e-46709227

Ignorance is bliss, eh? Ignorance is and never will be a form of defence.

And from my own personal ongoing court case with The County Court of Mansfield goes although I disagree in part with the penpushing nature of the business you are very much kept informed attach stage of the process so to plead "we didn't know, guv" is rubbish (however acknowledging the club may not have known as the court service would correspond with legal representatives therefore not necessarily the club)
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: St Paul's Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Ignorance is no excuse.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12927
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby sunray » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:20 am

Not guilty unless he pleads guilty or the court decides other wise. Give the guy a break.
Is the post always 100% reliable. Did they send the papers by recorded delivery?

What is the maximum sentence for a racial aggravated harassment charge at a football ground. In football clubs, fans often get between one year to life time ban when found guilty in court.
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:45 am

If Forestieri was legally represented and SWFC say he was, then both Forstieri & his lawyers would have been inform of the date of his appearance at the mags.

Claiming not to be aware of a court date is up there with 'the dog ate my homework'.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7250
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby PRL13 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 am

(Un)fortunately I missed the fiasco! He should get what`s coming to him and Wednesday should hang their heads in shame!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Jimstag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 am

I expect he’d give the excuse he’s out of the country and correspondence was sent to his UK home? Still his responsibility but I’d expect the police to say the new date is X, turn up. FF will have said ok and that cancels the warrant, the rest will be PR spin on what has happened? I’m not sure if not turning up will affect him further but I’m sure the authorities focus would have been getting him to turn up to court next time?
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 am

Jimstag wrote:I expect he’d give the excuse he’s out of the country and correspondence was sent to his UK home? Still his responsibility but I’d expect the police to say the new date is X, turn up. FF will have said ok and that cancels the warrant, the rest will be PR spin on what has happened? I’m not sure if not turning up will affect him further but I’m sure the authorities focus would have been getting him to turn up to court next time?


CPS will have (in theory) contacted his lawyers with the court date, so him not being home to recieve a letter wouldn't really be an excuse.

He's just an arrogant raspberry.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7250
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Letter? Email, Phone call. Is the justice system so archaic that snail mail is the only means of communication?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4918
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:18 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Letter? Email, Phone call. Is the justice system so archaic that snail mail is the only means of communication?


No it isn't. Which is kinda the point.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7250
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:22 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Letter? Email, Phone call. Is the justice system so archaic that snail mail is the only means of communication?


That's how the county court deal with me so they must think snail mail is the future. That's the public sector for ya!

As claimant I find the contact informative and timely such as my most recent communication prior to Christmas telling me step by step what they'll be doing (including timeline) with regard to the defendant so I'm fully aware of their steps/process
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: St Paul's Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Uncle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:39 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:
That's how the county court deal with me so they must think snail mail is the future. That's the public sector for ya!

As claimant I find the contact informative and timely such as my most recent communication prior to Christmas telling me step by step what they'll be doing (including timeline) with regard to the defendant so I'm fully aware of their steps/process

That would be informative but for the fact that Forestieri is being dealt with in the Criminal Court and not the Civil / County Court.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby grufti » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:10 pm

“We can confirm that neither the club, Forestieri nor his legal team were aware of this court date and thus the arrest warrant for his failure to attend court will not now be pursued and a new court date is to be arranged."

Let's hope Sheff Weds, Forestieri and his advisors know when and where their next game is, so they don't all fail to attend that as well.
Up The Stags
User avatar
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby scotsstag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:53 pm

grufti wrote:“We can confirm that neither the club, Forestieri nor his legal team were aware of this court date and thus the arrest warrant for his failure to attend court will not now be pursued and a new court date is to be arranged."

Let's hope Sheff Weds, Forestieri and his advisors know when and where their next game is, so they don't all fail to attend that as well.



That's poor that is, stinks of celeb favouritism. :evil:
If that was any of us "normal" folk we would have had the Police battering down our door.
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:22 pm

scotsstag wrote:
grufti wrote:“We can confirm that neither the club, Forestieri nor his legal team were aware of this court date and thus the arrest warrant for his failure to attend court will not now be pursued and a new court date is to be arranged."

Let's hope Sheff Weds, Forestieri and his advisors know when and where their next game is, so they don't all fail to attend that as well.



That's poor that is, stinks of celeb favouritism. :evil:
If that was any of us "normal" folk we would have had the Police battering down our door.


Us normal folk don't get a article on the BBC website pointing out a warrant is out for our arrest.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4918
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby Uncle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:54 pm

][quote="grufti"]“We can confirm that neither the club, Forestieri nor his legal team were aware of this court date and thus the arrest warrant for his failure to attend court will not now be pursued and a new court date is to be arranged."

Wednesday and the legal team were unaware of the Court date because Forestieri decided not to tell them. The Police have no obligation whatsoever to notify a Company about an employees legal issues. Simples. When someone is given a Court date, that is the last info they receive before being released on bail from the Police Station (following an initial arrest investigation) to appear at Court or as I expect in Forestieri's case would have been "invited" into the station to be questioned about the racial aggravation offence. He would then have been bailed anyway to reappear at the station about one or two months later, giving time for the CPS to review the investigation and decide on what if any charges to hit him with. If they decided to take no action following the investigation he would have been contacted and informed that he no longer has to return on bail and investigation closed. He could ONLY have been charged for whatever offence AT A POLICE STATION, given a Court Date and then released ON BAIL. After failing to attend when given bail, the Court then have the right to issue an arrest warrant WITHOUT BAIL!
But of course you can believe anything Sheff Weds tell you because they're ashamed that one of their players has an arrest warrant out against him.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby crazystagdad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:09 am

u get a court date when charged with an offence so he certainally knew.his employer has nothing to do with it.
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Fernando Forestieri Arrest Warrant

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:51 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4dstag, Butch, Google [Bot], HitchcocksShins, Stephen, sw19stag, Tippy Tappy Football, Walton Stag and 27 guests