{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 Dec

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 Dec

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:FA website says the Bournemouth game will be played on Wednesday 12 th December ko 7pm

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/youth ... p/fixtures

Nothing on the Bournemouth website or twitter feed yet.


Confirmation here that the game is at Vitality Stadium, Dean Court on Wed 12 Dec, 7pm.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/matches/under-18 ... ournemouth
https://www.afcb.co.uk/matches/under-18s
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Will SSA be putting a bus on, as it will be a new ground for a lot us
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5334
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby garlic » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:16 pm

will there be commentary on Ifollow?
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:21 pm

garlic wrote:will there be commentary on Ifollow?

I don't know. I hope to be there, but can't guarantee it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Upper West » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:19 am

Will SSA be putting a bus on, as it will be a new ground for a lot us


It would be nice if they did. I did consider going to Fulham last season until they moved it to their training ground.
Upper West
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:34 am

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 am

Would you find enough interest to cover the cost of a coach though? I'd think probably not. Midweek and not a 1st team fixture, long way away, work in the morning, having to take an afternoon off to go down in the first place. Looking at last Friday the local derby V Notts there's only a few interested in the YT to make them want to go and support the boys on a cold Friday evening. So the thought of filling a coach for a YT game over 200 miles away... probably not.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18278
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby The One » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

Spiritater wrote:Would you find enough interest to cover the cost of a coach though? I'd think probably not. Midweek and not a 1st team fixture, long way away, work in the morning, having to take an afternoon off to go down in the first place. Looking at last Friday the local derby V Notts there's only a few interested in the YT to make them want to go and support the boys on a cold Friday evening. So the thought of filling a coach for a YT game over 200 miles away... probably not.


Maybe get a mini bus ? Really good Christmas market in Bournemouth. If you go Spiro bring me a stick of rock back.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9850
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:44 am

Christmas... bah humbug!!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18278
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby The One » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:41 am

Spiritater wrote:Christmas... bah humbug!!


My thoughts exactly
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9850
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:14 pm

part time pete wrote:Will SSA be putting a bus on, as it will be a new ground for a lot us

no
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
garlic wrote:will there be commentary on Ifollow?

I don't know. I hope to be there, but can't guarantee it.

Mark is finding out if it is feasible for us to do commentary.
I will be there either way.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 pm

winners away to Burnley or Oxford in Round 4
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/dec/07/f ... raw-071218
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
garlic wrote:will there be commentary on Ifollow?

I don't know. I hope to be there, but can't guarantee it.

Mark is finding out if it is feasible for us to do commentary.
I will be there either way.

Unfortunately we won't be able to being you full match commentary.

NeuLion, the company that runs iFollow, are unable to facilitate commentary on that evening.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby robeyre » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
garlic wrote:will there be commentary on Ifollow?

I don't know. I hope to be there, but can't guarantee it.

Mark is finding out if it is feasible for us to do commentary.
I will be there either way.

Unfortunately we won't be able to being you full match commentary.

NeuLion, the company that runs iFollow, are unable to facilitate commentary on that evening.


Will you he able to do the usual twitter feed as per normal 1St team games?
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 am

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 pm

robeyre wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
garlic wrote:will there be commentary on Ifollow?

I don't know. I hope to be there, but can't guarantee it.

Mark is finding out if it is feasible for us to do commentary.
I will be there either way.

Unfortunately we won't be able to being you full match commentary.

NeuLion, the company that runs iFollow, are unable to facilitate commentary on that evening.


Will you he able to do the usual twitter feed as per normal 1St team games?

I don't do the club twitter feed, but someone will be doing it I think.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:46 pm

New ground ? I remember us playing there in the league in the early 90s and Jamie Redknapp was playing for them.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12579
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: FA Youth Cup Rd 3: AFC Bournemouth v Mansfield, Wed 12 D

Postby part time pete » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 pm

bellwhiff wrote:New ground ? I remember us playing there in the league in the early 90s and Jamie Redknapp was playing for them.



Yeah, but the pitch has been turned 90 degrees since then, so a lot of people who went then will class it as a new ground.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5334
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cassellswasmagic, gazzert, manick, pen, Richard Cranium, thefamilyvontrapp and 30 guests