{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crawley game postponed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby BELSE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:05 pm

the one you are a joke my post was not any thing to do with postponed game
was to do with when we would play the game at a later date
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:08 pm

:D Pistols at dawn :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby BELSE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:12 pm

Martin sorry if any of my comments offened you but putting a point over and out
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby BELSE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 pm

stags for life no pistols at dawn powder waterlogged lol
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby The One » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:30 pm

BELSE wrote:the one you are a joke my post was not any thing to do with postponed game
was to do with when we would play the game at a later date


People on other two threads were asking same as you before you made new thread. and your reply does not make sense

"
was not any thing to do with postponed game
was to do with when we would play the game at a later date"
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9853
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Ollie Palmer has put a post on his Instagram saying “s***houses” in yellow writing. What a moron


I’d absolutely ‘wet’ me sen if someone ended that wage bandits career whenever we next play them.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Ollie Palmer has put a post on his Instagram saying “s***houses” in yellow writing. What a moron


I’d absolutely ‘wet’ me sen if someone ended that wage bandits career whenever we next play them.


Not as bad as when we called Torquay off at 7.30 on a Tuesday night, now that is devastating
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Iliketrains » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 pm

adamstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Ollie Palmer has put a post on his Instagram saying “s***houses” in yellow writing. What a moron


I’d absolutely ‘wet’ me sen if someone ended that wage bandits career whenever we next play them.


Not as bad as when we called Torquay off at 7.30 on a Tuesday night, now that is devastating


I was in the away end that night having met up with some of my Gulls pals. If memory serves it was a strip of pitch near the touchline that was frozen solid although the rest of the pitch was playable and the ref called it off. To say the Torquay fans were not best pleased was an understatement.

I was ok though. Only a short trip back home to Cheaterfield for me. :lol:

These things happen i guess and whilst sometimes more consideration and advance planning could help fans of clubs who are travelling long distances, late postponements are just a hazard of being a football fan sometimes.

As it happens, i bought a ticket for the game tonight but have been unwell and felt not well enough to go tonight in the end and so the postponement has been a positive for me as i'll still be able to make the game when it's rearranged.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: Deepest Spireiteland

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 am

Travelled 2 hours down tonight to find out match was off. Luckily only an hour and a half back! Not as bad as away match at Torquay being called off in August for fog when the rest of the country was bathed in sunshine!
halifaxstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:08 am

Seems odd that County and Chesterfield were both on!

Guess it really must have been localised
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:31 am

Have to say it proper tonked it down for 3 hours solid, from 3 till 6 with rivers running down the roads in places.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18300
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Suttonian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am

Presumably there will be a refund for everyone who paid on ifollow
Suttonian
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Kernow » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 am

If Saturday’s reports were correct, it will give the squad badly needed recovery time.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3794
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:44 am

Suttonian wrote:Presumably there will be a refund for everyone who paid on ifollow

I've asked the question as to what happens
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17283
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:12 pm

:lol: Some seem to think Hose Pipe rain was involved :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Suttonian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Suttonian wrote:Presumably there will be a refund for everyone who paid on ifollow

I've asked the question as to what happens


ifollow will send details of how to access the rearranged game for free apparently, so it looks like no refunds
Suttonian
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Presumably like many others I left home at 6pm in Nottingham expecting a game to be on but arrived to be Billy No Mates with no lights on around the ground.... had mansfield FM on but noting on there .....stick to BBC Radio Nottingham next time
Chrisuknottm
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby groundhoppingstag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:19 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Travelled 2 hours down tonight to find out match was off. Luckily only an hour and a half back! Not as bad as away match at Torquay being called off in August for fog when the rest of the country was bathed in sunshine!


Once went to Poland to watch England, only to find the game off. Waterlogged !!
groundhoppingstag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Had my usual £5 bet on the two nil win.

Strolled into the bookies today, handed over my betting slip and was, for the first time in two seasons, handed some money back!

Pity it was my returned stake money following the game being called off!
I am Spartacus
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:08 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:Travelled 2 hours down tonight to find out match was off. Luckily only an hour and a half back! Not as bad as away match at Torquay being called off in August for fog when the rest of the country was bathed in sunshine!


Once went to Poland to watch England, only to find the game off. Waterlogged !!


Are you one of the Likely Lads, one of the best comedy episodes ever :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Presumably like many others I left home at 6pm in Nottingham expecting a game to be on but arrived to be Billy No Mates with no lights on around the ground.... had mansfield FM on but noting on there .....stick to BBC Radio Nottingham next time


You actually listen to that shower on a regular basis?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18300
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Presumably like many others I left home at 6pm in Nottingham expecting a game to be on but arrived to be Billy No Mates with no lights on around the ground.... had mansfield FM on but noting on there .....stick to BBC Radio Nottingham next time


You actually listen to that shower on a regular basis?

I listen to them on the way to the match and on the way back. Why not? They appear to be the first to cover the pre match and post match interviews, they give the team news.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 pm

What’s Palmer’s twitter Handle ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12589
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:38 pm

bellwhiff wrote:What’s Palmer’s twitter Handle ?


He’s not on twitter unfortunately
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Crawley game postponed

Postby Iliketrains » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:What’s Palmer’s twitter Handle ?


He’s not on twitter unfortunately


Fair play to the lad. Thought i was the only one on the planet. Great to see there are two of us. :D
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: Deepest Spireiteland

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bob ledgers barber, bobbystagsfan, gazza1988, groundhoppingstag, jeevesthestag, patstag, Phill, stagmanrob, Vice President and 49 guests