{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Plea To Florist!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Plea To Florist!

Postby Conker » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 am

Walker is getting more stick than the rest because of his style of playing football, I heard loads shouting at him for not 'running' for a ball quick enough yesterday, but it wasnt due to lack of effort it's down to the fact he's not very fast.

Like I said after Morecombe, Rose, Khan, CJ, Walker are simply letting us down in front of goal and it's not fair to single Walker out.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Walker stealing a wage n a place in the Stags side....

I rather play Graham n let him develop under the influence of Rose....

Under the influence of Rose, what so he too can become a bang average 1 in 4 striker.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:01 pm

[quote="arsene wengers coat"]The problem walker has is he's not producing and he's not our player.

The thing I don't like about loans is that they HAVE to hit the ground running. Otherwise why waste game time on improving another clubs asset?[/quote]
Similar to Rose, who's not producing and doesn't want to be our player.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:55 pm

I remember another Forest loan - Duncan McKenzie. Now he DID hit the ground running with 7 goals in 5 games for the Stags.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:09 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I remember another Forest loan - Duncan McKenzie. Now he DID hit the ground running with 7 goals in 5 games for the Stags.

He definitely hit the ground running after he jumped over a Mini :lol:
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby geoffhill » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Walker is starting simply because we have nobody better.He will come good I feel sure He will not play better whilst the supporters get on his back.Butcher came on and was hopeless.Surely Elsnik would have been a better choice.CJ was poor yesterday.He should be playing down the left not the right.He is not a right back.Sweeney will miss the Crewe game as he has 5 yellows.I expect that Gibbens will start in his place.Crewe are on a decent run but I expect us to at the worst draw.Hoefully a win.I will be watching on i-follow.We once had Louis Moult on loan he left and is now at Preston.Fisher and Palmer both in top scorers list.Would anyon like either of them back here?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:02 pm

I’d rather have Bin Laden at the club than Palmer come back.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:48 pm

funninly enough (or sadly, actually) yesterday was one of his best performances for us. "walker" being the most literal name he could have.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:13 am

Why would any good striker come to a mid table team like the stags ?
It's what we have at the moment and it won't get any better.
It nearly got worse when Danny was going to leave.
If our strikers took every chance they had they wouldn't be playing for us.
Walker and Rose are two of the best in this league that any other team outside top 7 would love.
Keep the faith gents
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 am

chip63 wrote:Why would any good striker come to a mid table team like the stags ?

Money
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 am

Not in favour at florist and no chance of getting in the 1st team.

You take the gamble and go out on loan to lower league team to play and hope you deliver the goods and put you in the shop window for the future.

Its not paying off at the moment , i think he is piling to much on his own shoulders to produce .

We also need better quality into our strikers so they can put them in the onion bag :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:39 am

chip63 wrote:Why would any good striker come to a mid table team like the stags ?
It's what we have at the moment and it won't get any better.
It nearly got worse when Danny was going to leave.
If our strikers took every chance they had they wouldn't be playing for us.
Walker and Rose are two of the best in this league that any other team outside top 7 would love.
Keep the faith gents
:coys:

It's a very poor league then
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:42 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Not in favour at florist and no chance of getting in the 1st team.

You take the gamble and go out on loan to lower league team to play and hope you deliver the goods and put you in the shop window for the future.

Its not paying off at the moment , i think he is piling to much on his own shoulders to produce .

We also need better quality into our strikers so they can put them in the onion bag :)

You mean quality like at Bury, Morecambe, Tranmere where Rose and Walker were one on one and couldn't finish a kid's size dinner????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:55 pm

That's probably true of most strikers at this level Woody. Ask Counteh fans how their £000k signings of Hemmings and Dennis are coming along?

Tbh, the amount of strikers we could rely on slotting 1 on 1's away in the past 10 years, could be counted on Captain Hook's amputated hand! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm

I'd have more time for Walker if he wasn't so bloody lazy.

Dare I say it, but even Hemmings (whereas he had a terrible touch) at least drew defenders out of position, put effort in and made a few assists - you don't to do any of those if you're just walking around doing not a lot.

I don't think we've always played to his strengths - him being played as a 1 man forward against Exeter was especially alarming - but still he's not lived upto any hype.

The lack of goals has been a problem for us this season and we do need to address it sooner than later
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:56 pm

100% agree wrong man for the job
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Our strikers haven't been good enough for a few years now.

It's a shame that we are relying on untried youth players from a championship side to provide the answer.

Gone are the days when, as an average league 2 side we could sign proven goal scorers at this level. Players such as Frank Wignall, Ernie Moss, Kevin Randall, Jim Lumby, Neil Whatmore, Keith Cassellls, Trevor Christie, Phil Stant, Tony Lormor, Richard Barker, Stallard - all players who were experienced and had scored for fun at this level (and higher) before signing for us. The days of players like that being available appear to be long gone. Is it due to fitness levels, or money, or something else? Either way - proven goal scorers are gold dust now.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:44 pm

adamstag wrote:I'd have more time for Walker if he wasn't so bloody lazy.

Dare I say it, but even Hemmings (whereas he had a terrible touch) at least drew defenders out of position, put effort in and made a few assists - you don't to do any of those if you're just walking around doing not a lot.

I don't think we've always played to his strengths - him being played as a 1 man forward against Exeter was especially alarming - but still he's not lived upto any hype.

The lack of goals has been a problem for us this season and we do need to address it sooner than later

I know it’s not really the point of the argument but can’t say I ever thought Hemmings had a terrible touch? I thought coming short and getting the ball in to feet was one of his best attributes. Think he would still be playing quite a big part for us if he was still at the club despite him missing chances (they all have).

Walker is probably quite low on confidence in front of goal now, hoping he can nick one and we start to see a more frequent return. If not it then we’ll have to address it in Jan. As it stands I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bring another striker in.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:52 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

I know it’s not really the point of the argument but can’t say I ever thought Hemmings had a terrible touch? I thought coming short and getting the ball in to feet was one of his best attributes. Think he would still be playing quite a big part for us if he was still at the club despite him missing chances (they all have).

Walker is probably quite low on confidence in front of goal now, hoping he can nick one and we start to see a more frequent return. If not it then we’ll have to address it in Jan. As it stands I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bring another striker in.

Very correct, I meant the touch for finishing, should have been clearer
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Thats what it is adam HYPE its not just him it all our strikers ,we fanny about as if were bloody arsenal ,think its the midfield as well they just dont open teams up as much as we think ,and when they do theres nobody in there or there surrounded by defenders ,i really think elsnick has got to start before khan then get young graham in at least he will have a go if we can hang on in there till january we still have a chance if jr,s got the cash
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Walker is not performing well enough but he is not lazy. He should have had a penalty on Saturday and had two good efforts.
Perhaps he would endear himself to some fans by trying meaningless scissor kicks and throwing himself to the floor constantly. :roll:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:53 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Walker is not performing well enough but he is not lazy. He should have had a penalty on Saturday and had two good efforts.
Perhaps he would endear himself to some fans by trying meaningless scissor kicks and throwing himself to the floor constantly. :roll:

He would have a Rosey future :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:50 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:Walker is not performing well enough but he is not lazy. He should have had a penalty on Saturday and had two good efforts.

That's about the size of it GFB.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:45 am

If Walker is getting a bit of stick from some, it may discourage Forest from loaning players to us in the future.

He certainly won't be encouraging any of his mates to come here if he has a bad experience playing for us.

That doesn't mean he should escape criticism but it should be fair.

I think a lot of it is down to high expectations of someone who is after all is still learning.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 am

come on Wack bag a hat trick tonight
smash it back at us lad
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext