{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Plea To Florist!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Plea To Florist!

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Alex fisher and Ollie Palmer are two of the top scorers at the minute but Danny Rose isn’t a mile behind. Even Lincoln’s akindi is only on same as him. The teams that have goals spread through the squad seem to be doing best.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:06 pm

21 attempts at goal today, only 5 on target and 1 goal. Only problem we have at the moment is scoring, that has to be DF and the players main aim. Whether its a new striker, different team selection or just hard work we are not a million miles off being a good team. Decent point today against a good side, we just need to hit the target more.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 pm

This is just nonsense, Walker is producing more chances than Danny and is not scoring.
He should have done better with his chances today and should have been awarded a penalty after good work.
The dogs abuse he got from some sat around me seemed be consistent with their dislike of him over the season rather his performance against those of Hamilton, Khan and Rose.
He was by no means the worst on the pitch and each time he has been subbed, we have gone on to perform worse after he has left the pitch.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:37 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:This is just nonsense, Walker is producing more chances than Danny and is not scoring.
He should have done better with his chances today and should have been awarded a penalty after good work.
The dogs abuse he got from some sat around me seemed be consistent with their dislike of him over the season rather his performance against those of Hamilton, Khan and Rose.
He was by no means the worst on the pitch and each time he has been subbed, we have gone on to perform worse after he has left the pitch.

You make sensible, balanced, point, GFB. That simply won’t do on here! :)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:48 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:21 attempts at goal today, only 5 on target and 1 goal. Only problem we have at the moment is scoring, that has to be DF and the players main aim. Whether its a new striker, different team selection or just hard work we are not a million miles off being a good team. Decent point today against a good side, we just need to hit the target more.

I agree. Also the service was poor today especially from CJ.

I think it will be sorted on the training field.

I wish those fans who have a go at players realised it only makes things worse by draining a player's confidence.

Most league 2 clubs would have jumped at the chance to have taken Walker on loan at the start of the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:56 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:21 attempts at goal today, only 5 on target and 1 goal. Only problem we have at the moment is scoring, that has to be DF and the players main aim. Whether its a new striker, different team selection or just hard work we are not a million miles off being a good team. Decent point today against a good side, we just need to hit the target more.

At the moment !!!! As been problem under Murray Evans and now DF
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:53 am

The One wrote:

At the moment !!!! As been problem under Murray Evans and now DF

I think that proves how hard it is to find the right player.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 am

the point is........if you are being paid big money in league 2
the return needs to be better

our owners backed FlipFlop with this signing balance that out atm
it’s not good enough
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 am

Walker is Mansfield Sunday League level & I cant see his performances improving , Flitcroft keeps picking him , but I see no improvement . give young Graham a start , cant be any worse !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:04 am

west country stag wrote:Walker is Mansfield Sunday League level & I cant see his performances improving , Flitcroft keeps picking him , but I see no improvement . give young Graham a start , cant be any worse !

Amazing that,Nottingham Forest academy and squad coaches seem to know less about football than you. This is ridiculous to say he is Sunday league. He is not scoring enough and that is indisputable but part of his problem is that Khan and Rose missed several excellent runs ywTw3day which would have put him through.
He had more chances than Rose yesterday but his style doesn't work with how we are playing at the moment.
How many balls were fired into the 6 yard area, how many crosses were put in for headers?
The blame lies with the front 3 and the midfield for not creating sufficient clear chances so some of the blame must lie with the manager and coaches.

He is clearly not showing his potential but to suggest he is not even professional level is wrong.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:07 am

As somebody mentioned before, I'd strongly believe there's a clause in Walker's contract about game time.
That said, I'd still ring Forest, see if they have any spare fireworks for Bonfire night and light one up Tyler's jacksie :P

Strikers are a total gamble - we threw away 2 of the leagues higher scorers believing they garbage, and desperately wanted to pay £££ for the cattle-rattler now residing at County and doing naff all.

If we can't get it right then nor can they half the time
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 am

Here's a novel idea. How about giving a youth a little patience?

I remember a similar attitude regarding Matt Green. Walker has certainly been no worse than any of our other misfiring strikers.

Nice to see you back though Norman, you snivelling Stags hating weapon.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 am

Why Walker gets the hate is beyond me.....Rose was arguably worse yesterday and still we love him. Walker was no worse than any other player imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Why Walker gets the hate is beyond me.....Rose was arguably worse yesterday and still we love him. Walker was no worse than any other player imo.

Agree. I see a striker running his boots off, making the angles and having a go. Keep going Tyler, keep your chin up and I’m confident we will all be seeing why Forest have the faith in you come the end of the season
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 am

I look at it this way, the forward players (All of them as a unit) are currently our weak link; that's all of them, including the beloved Rosey.

As a team we are creating more chances than we have for years. As a goalscoring unit we are converting very few of these chances. By simple maths, after 13 league games, this makes them one of the least effective front lines we've had in the modern generation.

On paper they ought to be one of the best. They are all currently failing. However, on that same paper, they should all have the ability to improve considerably. All of our 'last third players are currently holding back this teams potential.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:22 am

West Ham 1969 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Why Walker gets the hate is beyond me.....Rose was arguably worse yesterday and still we love him. Walker was no worse than any other player imo.

Agree. I see a striker running his boots off, making the angles and having a go. Keep going Tyler, keep your chin up and I’m confident we will all be seeing why Forest have the faith in you come the end of the season

I concur.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:39 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Here's a novel idea. How about giving a youth a little patience?

I remember a similar attitude regarding Matt Green. Walker has certainly been no worse than any of our other misfiring strikers.

What a clown you are. I love my club and have done for 50 years . If I have an opinion I will say it!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:42 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I look at it this way, the forward players (All of them as a unit) are currently our weak link; that's all of them, including the beloved Rosey.

As a team we are creating more chances than we have for years. As a goalscoring unit we are converting very few of these chances. By simple maths, after 13 league games, this makes them one of the least effective front lines we've had in the modern generation.

On paper they ought to be one of the best. They are all currently failing. However, on that same paper, they should all have the ability to improve considerably. All of our 'last third players are currently holding back this teams potential.

It isn’t just the strikers. Our play in the final third at the minute just isn’t good enough. We play great football leading up to that, but whenever we get within 30 yards of the goal, we panic.

That comes down to a lack of quality from the players, and also bad tactics from Flitcroft. We look like England in the summer, great against teams that aren’t very good, but as soon as we come up against someone half decent, we look toothless.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 am

Spencer last year

Green year before that

Palmer year before that

Norman the most
FORWARD THINKING MAN ON HERE :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:53 am

Norman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Here's a novel idea. How about giving a youth a little patience?

What a clown you are. I love my club and have done for 50 years . If I have an opinion I will say it!

Well prove it then, instead of consistently whining like a shunned schoolgirl.

I'd sooner have the enthusiasm of a naive new fan than your fifty worthless years of non-supporting attendance. You're not a fan pal, your endless moaning does the club no service whatsoever.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:56 am

James wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I look at it this way, the forward players (All of them as a unit) are currently our weak link; that's all of them, including the beloved Rosey.

It isn’t just the strikers. Our play in the final third at the minute just isn’t good enough. We play great football leading up to that, but whenever we get within 30 yards of the goal, we panic.

That comes down to a lack of quality from the players, and also bad tactics from Flitcroft. We look like England in the summer, great against teams that aren’t very good, but as soon as we come up against someone half decent, we look toothless.

Didn't say it was the strikers, I said it was the final third players (third paragraph)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:03 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Norman wrote:

I'd sooner have the enthusiasm of a naive new fan than your fifty worthless years of non-supporting attendance. You're not a fan pal, your endless moaning does the club no service whatsoever.

Has that extra hour in bed left you dehydrated and grumpy Doomie? ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Norman wrote:

Non supporting attendance ? Oh dear you’ve just gone up a league in clownisom? I’ve been a season ticket holder for most of them years you bafoon!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:07 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Norman wrote:

Mike dropped.

Sitting dripping like a septic minge at every game doesn’t make you a supporter. It makes you an attendee.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 am

The problem walker has is he's not producing and he's not our player.

The thing I don't like about loans is that they HAVE to hit the ground running. Otherwise why waste game time on improving another clubs asset?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum